Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 (833 Views)

Yuletide: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by alfredo4u(m): 6:27am On Dec 31, 2012
For quite some time now, debates ve been going on in N.A to abolish state of origins and introduce Citizenship certificate.

What wil b ur take para-venture we woke up on 1st jan 13 and GEJ declared it effective?
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by nerdivist: 7:05am On Dec 31, 2012
undecided my friend wake up jo. GEJ can't just wake up one morning and declare it effective. This is democracy not millitary rule. The constitution would have to be ammended.
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by joseph1832(m): 7:15am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: undecided my friend wake up jo. GEJ can't just wake up one morning and declare it effective. This is democracy not millitary rule. The constitution would have to be ammended.
Did GEJ not also woke up on Jan 1st 2012 and remove fuel subsidy? Did he not also woke up on May 29 2012 and changed the name of Unilag to Maulag! Maybe its you who needs to wake up.
@Poster one thing I've come to notice in Nigeria is that anything is possible, if this so happen atleast it will reduce the case of tribalism and ethnicity!

2 Likes

Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by nerdivist: 7:36am On Dec 31, 2012
joseph1832:
Did GEJ not also woke up on Jan 1st 2012 and remove fuel subsidy? Did he not also woke up on May 29 2012 and changed the name of Unilag to Maulag! Maybe its you who needs to wake up.
@Poster one thing I've come to notice in Nigeria is that anything is possible, if this so happen atleast it will reduce the case of tribalism and ethnicity!
and what happened to the name change? Did it work? No it didn't!!! Why? That's because this is not a millitary regime. He can't just finish a plate of weed spiced vegetable and make declarations. GEJ is not a law maker. The constitution would have to be adjusted
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by joseph1832(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: and what happened to the name change? Did it work? No it didn't!!! Why? That's because this is not a millitary regime. He can't just finish a plate of weed spiced vegetable and make declarations. GEJ is not a law maker. The constitution would have to be adjusted
The status quo was retaineddbecause the students and lecturers of Unilag protested! If they haven't what do you think would've happened?
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by nerdivist: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2012
joseph1832:
The status quo was retaineddbecause the students and lecturers of Unilag protested! If they haven't what do you think would've happened?
oh really? I can as well come and give u a new surname. Hope u won't complain sha? GEJ can change ur surname to sugomu. Hope u won't protest since he's the president of the federal republic. Things have to be done the right way. This is democracy pls.

1 Like

Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by ochukoccna: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2012
OP should lay off weed seeds
Tribal integration can not be legislated into law
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by nerdivist: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2012
joseph1832:
oh really? I can as well come and give u a new surname. Hope u won't complain sha? GEJ can change ur surname to sugomu. Hope u won't protest since he's the president of the federal republic. Things have to be done the right way. This is democracy pls.
Re: If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 by joseph1832(m): 9:43am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: oh really? I can as well come and give u a new surname. Hope u won't complain sha? GEJ can change ur surname to sugomu. Hope u won't protest since he's the president of the federal republic. Things have to be done the right way. This is democracy pls.
Democracy? Please go and research about democracy and its tenets then com and tell me if Nigeria is a democratic country?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Suntai And Traumatic Brain Injury By Stella Oritsejemite / How $1M Poverty Funds From Bayelsa Was Diverted For Beyonce-sahara Reporters / Nigerian-president-spent-1million-aid-money-meant-poverty-stricken-country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.