Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here (3704 Views)

Hilarious: She Got Confused By Ladies Like Her / I Beg Am Confused, How Ogbomoso People Dey Do Wedding? / Am Confused, Please Guys Help ! Which One Should I Choose Christian Or Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Oyo empire has been exisiting before oduduwa came 2 Ife from Mecca and besides we learn Oyo yoruba in school not Ife's yoruba.
This yourba history is even twisted, d more I read d less I understand why Alaafin and Ooni are at wars. i love this two kings so much and when it comes to the history of yorubaland the two of them are the only ones I know.
Please help me out.

3 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by tpia5: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2012
why dont you sort out your super story here:

https://www.nairaland.com/961235/pregnant-boyfriends-grandfather

instead of worrying about other matters.

3 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by ezotik: 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
tpia@:

tpia, how far na?
since u na the iye n'okhua of this section, na i say make i wish u, ur children and grandchildren a very happy new year. grin
see u in 2013. iselogbe!
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by dejt4u(m): 4:50am On Jul 04, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Oyo empire has been exisiting before oduduwa came 2 Ife from Mecca and besides we learn Oyo yoruba in school not Ife's yoruba.
This yourba history is even twisted, d more I read d less I understand why Alaafin and Ooni are at wars. i love this two kings so much and when it comes to the history of yorubaland the two of them are the only ones I know.
Please help me out.
dnt be confused.. The origin of Oyo kingdom is linked to d ancestral legendary of the warlord Oranyan who happens to be one of the last grandsons of Oduduwa.. Oyo kindom started sometimes in 15th century or thereabout..
Oduduwa(the 1st king of Ile-Ife) is the only king in the whole of yoruba race then cos he is very powerful..

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 04, 2014
dejt4u: dnt be confused.. The origin of Oyo kindom is linked to d ancestral legendary of the warlord Oranyan who happens to be one of the last grandsons of Oduduwa.. Oyo kindom started sometimes in 15th century or thereabout..
Oduduwa(the 1st king of Ile-Ife) is the only king in the whole of yoruba race then cos he is very powerful..
Oh ok. Thank you sir.
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by dejt4u(m): 5:12am On Jul 04, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Oh ok. Thank you sir.
you ar welcome

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Canme4u(m): 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
dejt4u:
dnt be confused.. The origin of Oyo kindom is linked to d ancestral legendary of the warlord Oranyan who happens to be one of the last grandsons of Oduduwa.. Oyo kindom started sometimes in 15th century or thereabout..

.... And Oduduwa begoten only 1 child which is OKANBI while OKANBI begoten 7 children.

Onipopo,
Onisabe,
Orangun,
Oranyan,
Alaketu,
Olowu,
cant remember the others but each of OKANBI children created their own town and they all left ILE IFE to their respective town.
The history have it that one of ODUDUWA/OKANBI's slaves was installed as the King after all OKANBI children left Ife for their respective town.
ORANMIYAN was the only one out of OKANBI'S children that inherited his father's crown after all of his elder one's have parted with valuable goods of their father's property.

Alaafin of Oyo went to court over who the rightful owner of ORANMIYAN'S STAFS belongs and he won the case after which Oyo people started to having Oranmiyan day in Oyo town. The Alaafin Of Oyo Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III has also changed almos all of his vehicles convo to the new Tittle of ORANYAN from the name ORANMIYAN which history has it has one of the powerful king in Ile-Ife which also was one of the seven children of OKANBI...

Canme4u (c)2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by LebanonCedars2(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
@Amusa,

Sorry for this little derailing. Please where can I get fagunwa's books especially "Adiitu Eledumare" being searching for them.

Thanks
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2015
I have a very interesting book that will help u out.
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Oyo empire has been exisiting before oduduwa came 2 Ife from Mecca and besides we learn Oyo yoruba in school not Ife's yoruba.
Please help me out.
Oyo pple migrated from ile ife through oranmiyan. Yoruba oyo is d standard language of d yorubas because its easily understood. yoruba of ife is deep & not easily understood like ekiti's dielect.
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by darvic1515(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Please help me out.

I see u in 3D.
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by Pdizzle(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
LebanonCedars2:
@Amusa,

Sorry for this little derailing. Please where can I get fagunwa's books especially "Adiitu Eledumare" being searching for them.

Thanks

where are you
Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by AreaFada2: 4:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Please help me out.

Dear, I think Yoruba origin history has been over-simplified, though politically expedient for all from one tribe to seem to descend from one person, it cannot be historically factually proven.

The story of Oduduwa coming from Mecca seems like we Africans like importing everything. Including ancestry. What evidence is there that Africans were not always in Africa? What is particularly Arabic about Ododuwa historically?

Even Europeans now gradually accept that Mankind came from Africa.

In Edo, the ancient history there is that Ododuwa was a banished Benin crown Prince called Ekaladeran. Wondering through the forest, he first reached Owo. Then Ife. Interestingly, Owo is about 70 miles West of Benin and Ife is about 70 miles West of Owo. Hence Ekaladeran entered Ife from the East.

Upon being made ruler of Ife, he exclaimed "Ima d'oduwa". Meaning "I did not miss my destiny". Destiny here being a crown prince destined to be king in Benin but seemed lost after banishment.

Though, Ekaladeran refused to return to Benin, he sent Oramiyan/Oranyan to Benin. Though Oranmiyan too didn't stay, he had left a son in Benin. The son became Oba Eweka I from whom all Obas of Benin since about 1169 AD descended.

Yoruba people are very quick to dismiss the logical and physically possible Edo version, instead preferring the mythical, unscientific coming from Arabia. Yoruba scholars need to come up with a better, more scientifically credible version of Ododuwa. If not many young people like you (MissAmusa) will increasingly find this current version more and more confusing and implausible.

Yorubas have lived in SW 9ja for at least 5000 years, Ododuwa cannot be biological father of all. Political/spiritual leader at most.

I'm a descendant of Oranmiyan by the way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here by tpiar: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
LebanonCedars2:
@Amusa,

Thanks

i would also like to read (or is it reread) those books.

(1) (Reply)

Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day / Members From Edo State / Why Do Nigerian Men Lick Their Lips Whenever They See A Beautiful Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.