Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day (3704 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
Congratulation Bàbá ooooo on the celebration of ọlọ́jo day. May You reign long enough laṣẹ́ èdù

ẹ́Ògún, the one who created the path for light to appear which falls on Saturday 25th August 2021.

And this is the day Aarẹ crown is used to celebrate Ògún the lord of the day which coincide as the day path for light was created.

3 Likes

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Nukilia: 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
May your days be long. grin OAEO

1 Like

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by A001: 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
Interesting. What's the festival all about?

Is Ojo a deity (an orisa) in Yorubaland?
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2021
A001:
Interesting. What's the festival all about?

Is Ojo a deity (an orisa) in Yorubaland?
The Yoruba tradition acknowledge day of creation through Ògún.

1 Like

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by A001: 11:25am On Sep 26, 2021
Olu317:
The Yoruba tradition acknowledge day of creation through Ògún.

That's interesting.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2021
A001:

That's interesting.
Beauty to behold my dear. Yoruba tradition is absolutely non devilish. These does not mean there are no evil people using evil knowledge to hurt or do evil against human beings. But the Yoruba God is white (spotless) and ageless.

1 Like

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by A001: 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
Olu317:
Beauty to behold my dear. Yoruba tradition is absolutely non devilish. These does not mean there are no evil people using evil knowledge to hurt or do evil against human beings. But the Yoruba God is white (spotless) and ageless.
Nice

1 Like

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:45am On Sep 27, 2021
Olu317:

Gods not god.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 8:45am On Sep 27, 2021
PAGAN9JA:

Gods not god.
No Sir, I disagree because your school of thought may be different from mine in as much as I follow the doctrine of Ifaodu with core interest as a "god" myself. A replica of my creator in human aspect.

Òrìṣà does not mean God in the real context of Yoruba ancestors knowledge, rather ,it means God as entity and his creation with special abilities.

The English lexicon does not clarify on it as much but the biblical teachings separated the Almighty God and lower gods, such as the Hebrews or people who were with extraordinary gift as superhuman.

My humble submission.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:01am On Sep 28, 2021
Olu317:
No Sir, I disagree because your school of thought may be different from mine in as much as I follow the doctrine of Ifaodu with core interest as a "god" myself. A replica of my creator in human aspect.

Òrìṣà does not mean God in the real context of Yoruba ancestors knowledge, rather ,it means God as entity and his creation with special abilities.

The English lexicon does not clarify on it as much but the biblical teachings separated the Almighty God and lower gods, such as the Hebrews or people who were with extraordinary gift as superhuman.

My humble submission.

Don't mix garbage with purity.

Don't mix foreign satanic abrahamic cults with Traditional Tribal Religion.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 6:11am On Sep 29, 2021
PAGAN9JA:

Don't mix garbage with purity.

Don't mix foreign satanic abrahamic cults with Traditional Tribal Religion.
I do not know why many people including yourself differs from the real concept of God's acknowledgement by condemning Abrahamic's ways of life. Kindly direct me to any stanza that Yoruba's God did so.

Please sir,it is ideal right not assume for Yoruba God and affix him with a non identity. Whatever you call foreign religion stn't what you think it is.

Rather be patient to learn Yoruba tradition or aptly be involved in Iṣẹ̀ṣé even if it is on a lighter note to knowing more about recorded knowledge on Yoruba God.

Precisely, I am sure you know that having open heart acquaintance with Ifaodu exposes one to higher understanding of God but, you seem to have hatred towards these semitic ways of life which is enshrined as part of means of worship heavily in Yoruba mode of interaction with God.

Although these mode of worship were hijacked and partially taken away by intruders in ancient Yoruba land,which does not give room for hatred.

Anyway If you are 100% sure , of what you think you know more than us all,then answer these questions before you condemn my views.

1. Why do we genuflect when we pray in Yoruba traditonal ways as the ancient Hebrew did and later Arabs Islamic worshippers do same ?

2. What is the name of the only one whom to be worshipped solely in terrestrial level ?

3. Does Yoruba God has a definite gender ?

Please, use Ifaodu verse to support your view.

4.What is the significance of Ọlọ́jọ day which just finished on the main day fews days ago ?

Akinbọrú
Akinbọyè
Akinbọṣiṣẹ́.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by lawani: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
Olu317:
I do not know why many people including yourself differs from the real concept of God's acknowledgement by condemning Abrahamic's ways of life. Kindly direct me to any stanza that Yoruba's God did so.

Please sir,it is ideal right not assume for Yoruba God and affix him with a non identity. Whatever you call foreign religion stn't what you think it is.

Rather be patient to learn Yoruba tradition or aptly be involved in Iṣẹ̀ṣé even if it is on a lighter note to knowing more about recorded knowledge on Yoruba God.

Precisely, I am sure you know that having open heart acquaintance with Ifaodu exposes one to higher understanding of God but, you seem to have hatred towards these semitic ways of life which is enshrined as part of means of worship heavily in Yoruba mode of interaction with God.

Although these mode of worship were hijacked and partially taken away by intruders in ancient Yoruba land,which does not give room for hatred.

Anyway If you are 100% sure , of what you think you know more than us all,then answer these questions before you condemn my views.

1. Why do we genuflect when we pray in Yoruba traditonal ways as the ancient Hebrew did and later Arabs Islamic worshippers do same ?

2. What is the name of the only one whom to be worshipped solely in terrestrial level ?

3. Does Yoruba God has a definite gender ?

Please, use Ifaodu verse to support your view.

4.What is the significance of Ọlọ́jọ day which just finished on the main day fews days ago ?

Akinbọrú
Akinbọyè
Akinbọṣiṣẹ́.

Anybody can use God or god as they like really makes no difference but Pagannaija himself knows that Ubangiji is different from the deities and is the same as Olodumare which is what is called God or Gott in Germanic languages but that Almighty God has no special people is how it is different from the Bible God.
Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by GodsOwnMan: 1:03am On Jul 29, 2022
Beautiful religion. Beautiful people. God bless Yoruba race.

1 Like

Re: Ọ̀ọnirìṣà On Ọlọ́jọ Day by Olu317(m): 4:45am On Sep 19, 2022
lawani:

Anybody can use God or god as they like really makes no difference but Pagannaija himself knows that Ubangiji is different from the deities and is the same as Olodumare which is what is called God or Gott in Germanic languages but that Almighty God has no special people is how it is different from the Bible God.
There is no difference between biblical perspective of God and Yoruba God. What the Europeans copied came from Abba Mark in Egypt who established well documented Bible that passed through generation to generation from the earlier era of the law and what the modern Christians called grace era.

Therefore, do not be quick to pass judgement else you faulter the more. Conceptualisation of Christians bible is built on sacrifices and prayer which falls also in the same context with Yoruba tradition.

Even on fasting, some iṣẹṣé groups out of hatred for Christianity do not accept the fact that fasting exist in ifa but it does because there are verses that speaks on it.

My point is that when people run into a religion of Yoruba just to spite,then such person's spirituality will never rise to the extent of self development.

Does ifa odù talks about gender of Almighty God ? Yes, ifa did in one stanza when on a particular period that Orúnmilà went to meet Eledumare. Orúnmìlà a spirit male gender told Eledùmárè " ẹgbarégba" "behold equal"

This stanza is just stating the obvious that Eledumare is masculine in nature though with creation power which feminine in nature as other lower irúnmọlẹ did have creating power as well.

Therefore, understanding Yoruba God concept is by tapping the wisdom of Orunmila to teach one in solving all the riddles about Godhead.

(1) (Reply)

Please Nairalanders Help Me Out Am Soooo Confused Here / Members From Edo State / Why Do Nigerian Men Lick Their Lips Whenever They See A Beautiful Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.