Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car (21211 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5-year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart / Woman Jailed In Nakuru, Kenya, For Having Sex With Her 5 Year Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by abuaoyen(f): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tank God notin hapen 2 dat innocent child.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Decapo: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
SniperInADiaper: 9 year old mother?!?!
19 sir
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by andyanders: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Such a pity. I once forgot my 2 phones on top of my car after I stopped over to greet my friend and we just discussed for a while and off I drove off.Getting a stop sign, I applied my brake, the two phones landed on my windscreen and on the bonnet of my car. I jumped out and picked the phones.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by SAFO(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
I know it's not a laughing matter but my mother in law once left my son in his car seat inside a shopping cart at the grocery store parking lot. She made it about 4 blocks down the road before she realized he wasn't in the back seat. Needless to say he was alright but that was the last time she ever took him to the grocery store alone.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by azpeculiar: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
4 years ago, mine was a tray of bitter leaves I had painstakingly washed and placed to dry on the car's roof.
Some 1 hour later I needed to hit the cyber cafe. I made a wild dash for the car, and no sooner had I reversed and slammed on the brakes, did I hear a loud thud on the ground. The tray with the bitter leaves I had spent hours washing for my mum were on the ground.
It still hurts to remember.... cheesy
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by sleekch1c(f): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
Made dat mistake once....it was my wallet but thank God it didnt happen at nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Exponental(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Osanobuameee
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Yvete(f): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
May God forgive her for she didn't do this intentionally. I heard of a couple that left their baby in the back seat of their car and the baby .... there. We're so IMPERFECT. God help us.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by kaslaw: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
4gotten my phone many tyms bt have neva fail
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by vizion: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
megareal: She may not have been under the influence of anything, more likely she was troubled......, something else completely took over her attention at that moment. Sometimes shiiit happens, doesn't mean it happens all the time.

or maybe chatting/texting/pinging on her mobile, or checking out her looks in through her reflection from the car.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by peruso: 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
What!!!!,,!
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by peruso: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Osanobua!!!
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by sunnyt1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thats exactly why people should be matured b4 having babies

1 Like

Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Beync(f): 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
awww! cute baby the crazy woman wanted to waste, thank God for he is alive.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by AuwalMKargo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
What an insolent!!!
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by aadetoyin(f): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
Am so shocked beyond words. How can u carry a baby for 9 months in ur belly or just the thought of labour pains and then you forget ur baby on d car, am sure she wouldn't forget her laptop or ur credit cards on the car.
Useless girl. She needs to have her brain checked and they shouldn't return the baby to her till she is old enough.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Aafulenu(f): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
haba! u guys should give the poor girl a break!! its not like she has been maltreating the child or sometin, there is no where in d article that said she was a bad mother.
she just made a genuie mistake and am sure she must be very sorry by nw. itz not like u have neva made mistakes in ur life b4. addin to the fact that she is just a teenager.
as far as she didnt do it on purpose she has learnt her lessons. and sure she wont ever forget her baby on the car or anywhere else again.

1 Like

Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by megareal: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
vizion:

or maybe chatting/texting/pinging on her mobile, or checking out her looks in through her reflection from the car.
Really doubt that....
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
That's what happens when babies make babies. It also shows how protective the baby seat is,buh most nigerian mothers wont go for it. They would rather allow their kids in front of the car.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by mascot5: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
dis lady need to be floged wit horse wip.which kin man marry dis foolish woman as his wife
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by mascot5: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
dis lady need to be floged wit horse wip.which kin man marry dis foolish woman as his wife.d man need to be question,
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by encycloped: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
there is such a thing call short term memory in which one has a memory relapse at about i minute sometimes.
admittedly, it sounds insane that one should forget one baby on top of one's car, but then, it could have been something else.
Here the full story online before making any judgements.
smiley
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by encycloped: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
There is such a thing call short term memory in which one has a memory relapse at about i minute sometimes.
admittedly, it sounds insane that one should forget one baby on top of one's car, but then, it could have been something else.
Here the full story online before making any judgements.
smiley
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by victorD3: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
She was high on baby food
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by raspberry13(f): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2013
embarassed cryI 4got my laptop on d car n went in2 my house,@ least I thnk I did,dnt want 2 believe it was stolen insyd my apartmnt.

1 Like

Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 09, 2013
samguy:
Mom Drives Away with Her 5-weeks-old Baby on Her Car
Have you ever placed your cup of coffee on top of your car, only to forget about it and drive away, your cup still steaming on top? Have you ever placed your baby’s car seat, with your baby strapped inside of it, on top of your car, only to forget that your little one is still up there - so you drive away?

[size=28pt]19-year-old[/size] Catalina Clouser “put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.”

The baby was discovered in the roadway, uninjured and still strapped in his car seat, by neighbors. The police believe that Clouser was under the influence of something, most likely marijuana, which impaired her judgment.

The baby is now in the custody of Child Protective Services.

I’ve forgotten a water bottle on top of my car. And when I was younger, I had an outdoor cat that liked to sunbathe on the top of my mother’s van; and he once stayed up there while my mother began driving to the grocery store (he jumped off at the first stop sign).

Forgetting that your baby is on top of the car and driving away seems unbelievable! Not hearing the car seat fall off, and continuing to drive – still forgetting – seems much crazier. He was 5 weeks old… how do you forget that? You don’t – if you can’t be responsible enough to keep your judgment intact at all appropriate times, you should not have children.

What’s the craziest thing you placed on top of your car but forgot about, and then drove away?

http://www.everydayfamily.com/blog/mom-drives-away-with-5-week-old-baby-on-top-of-car-2-948page/
http://www.wapjoint.com

that explains it.
this is a tragic story on many levels because she no longer has custody of her child and clearly isn't the most responsible person yet still decided to bring forth child. But thank God he survived the ordeal.
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 09, 2013
Pethan:

Did you read with your nose The poster said 19 and not 9

When I read it days ago I re-read multiple times because I kept seeing 9. Either my eyes lie or the poster edited. grin
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by smsgold: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2013
aglomar: 19 year old mother? She probably got pregnant by mistake and isn't ready/prepared for child raising. However, she should be tested for alcohol, drugs etc
Re: Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car by teeceexx: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2013
Cute baby kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bad Cooks Don't Make Bad Wives / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter / Lady Praises All Nigerian Men For Staying Strong Despite Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.