Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions (3894 Views)

What Are Your New Year Resolutions / Your New Year Resolutions / What is Your New Year Resolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Emylexray(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
In a matter of hours, 2012 will be a closed chapter and we will step into a brand new year of promise and great expectations.many a people will make resolutions out of the excitement and euphoria of witnessing a brand new year. researchers say that it takes 3 months for a behavior to become a habit. so don't just think you can do away with those habits of yours you don't like. it's not magical,there are steps to follow for you to really overcome those habits of yours you detest.

below are some tips that i'm convinced will be of immense help for you to keep to your resolutions. carry them out and you will be amazed at the result you will get.

1.TAKE TIME TO REFLECT: sit down in your closet and ponder on why you are addicted to this habit of yours you don't like. how has it affected you negatively in focusing on your career, goals, ambition, dreams e.t.c.what are the likely benefits you will get if you give them up? be sincere and objective with yourself for you to get cogent reasons. if not, you might carry it over to the new year.

2.BE MODERATE IN YOUR RESOLUTIONS: one of the many reasons why a lot of people fail in sticking to their resolutions is because they create resolutions that are bigger than their ability. this is the first step to failure. when making resolutions, don't exaggerate or make a complex list out of excitement. to obtain maximum results,limit your list to a number you can handle, lest say two or three resolutions that you intend to keep. by so doing, you are focusing your effort on what you truly want..

3.STRENGTHEN YOUR SELF CONTROL: Ability to control yourself is very important if you must stick to your resolutions. strengthen your self control by working on your mind.60% of our actions originate from our minds, when you conceive a thought, you are likely to act according to your conception. be determined you want to give this habit up. say a firm NO! and stick to it. if yours is to give up taking alcohol, you can start by deciding not to patronize or visit those joints any longer so that it won't ignite your appetite for the intoxicating substance. ability to control your urge and feelings are the most important of all.

4.MAKE A PLAN:keeping a resolution requires a detailed plan. make a list of those habits you want to give up in the new year. a written plan is an achievable plan. don't just say it with your mouth because you are excited, a lot of us are guilty of this. write them down! and go through it everyday. by so doing. your mind will absorb them and it will sink into your consciousness.remember, a written plan, is a workable plan, and a workable plan, is an achievable plan.

5.WEIGH YOUR LEVEL OF COMMITMENT: when you make resolutions, weigh your level of commitment vis-a-vis your resolutions.look at the level of commitment it will require to achieve your resolutions and consider if you will be able to match that level of commitment. if you are the undisciplined type, you can entrust a friend with the responsibility of keeping you in check so that you won't break your resolutions. if you must stick to your resolutions, then you must be disciplined.

6.MAKE IT WHAT YOU WANT: let your list comprise of those things you truly don't want again in the new year and not what somebody else want. be yourself! don't say because mr A wants to give up a particular habit, then you too will do same. you are only fooling yourself because the level of commitment he or she has might be different from yours. you are different!

7. REWARD YOURSELF WHEN YOU SUCCEED: its not bad if you celebrate your success. if you discover that you kept to your resolutions for the first six months of the new year, celebrate it! that's an achievement. when you do so, it will boost your courage to keep to them for the remaining six months of the year.

thanks for reading. . . smiley

7 Likes

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Emylexray(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
mod, abeg i would be grateful if this made the front page undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by ehispapa(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
we will try

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Abujafood: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
The best way not to break your New year resolutions is not to make any in the first place.

But my suggestion for anyone who insists on making any he or she should be prepared to break their backs if they fail!

[size=80pt]#WORD#[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Hailedin9ja: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
Okay. Will keep that in mind when I develop my resolution
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Jazzgreen(m): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
TANKS ALOT@OP. Lemme giv it a try smiley
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by guvna(m): 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
Well Done @ Poster! Have a great 2013!
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by tohirah(f): 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
Really helpful;Will keep in mind

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by djeezy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nice piece. Will apply the tips.
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by pekelepekele(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
@ op am not trying to dispute all you have said but the best way is to pray to God that he answers your prayer in 2013 and let all your resolutions come to pass . Some people did all those things you've mentioned in 2012 but never archive anything Just like those that were sacked by different banks . Access , Diamond and other banks .

@ this point in my life . I have come to realize it that without the help of God nothing works . In fact if you can play soccer like Lionel Messi without the help of God na monkey post you go dey play sote till people wey just smoke igbo finish play soccer with you and break your legs. cheesy

My main point is that you should be very close to God in the year 2013 and by December 2013 you will be surprised with the things you have archived.

3 Likes

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
really nice!
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Temi231(f): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
One of my new year resolution is to reduce my time of visiting Nairaland and reduce eating of rice to twice a week.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by TRILLIONIAR: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
GOD MAKE MY 2013 A WONDERFUL YEAR, LET ME GAIN ADDMISSION INTO UNIVERSITY, TAKE AWAY ALL MY BAD HABIT, GIVE ME THE POWER TO SERVE YOU MORE, KEEP ME ALIVE AND BLESS MY POCKET WITH MORE MONEY. AMEN
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Buberwa(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
Very educative. Thanks!
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Annsylvia(f): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
U talk true.But another important point is to seek God and listen to his Voice. This year has been very very rough even though I tried to keep my resolution.But with Divine Intervention I made it through.

JuSt put God first...
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
in additional, also stop critising
when u critise someone or people, it doesn't add to you..
Work on yourself
#peaceout#

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by Otolorin4real(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
Thanks,the writer, its encouraging and educative,keep it up
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by brosmart(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Wise words 4rm a wise man i knw nt,thanx a lot.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by eunisam: 9:25am On Jan 01, 2013
Front page
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by toyinkin(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yeah! Well written.wil realy make ma days adventure.
Re: How To Keep To Your New Year Resolutions by supernonnik: 1:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Emylexray: In a matter of hours, 2012 will be a closed chapter and we will step into a brand new year of promise and great expectations.many a people will make resolutions out of the excitement and euphoria of witnessing a brand new year. researchers say that it takes 3 months for a behavior to become a habit. so don't just think you can do away with those habits of yours you don't like. it's not magical,there are steps to follow for you to really overcome those habits of yours you detest.

below are some tips that i'm convinced will be of immense help for you to keep to your resolutions. carry them out and you will be amazed at the result you will get.

1.TAKE TIME TO REFLECT: sit down in your closet and ponder on why you are addicted to this habit of yours you don't like. how has it affected you negatively in focusing on your career, goals, ambition, dreams e.t.c.what are the likely benefits you will get if you give them up? be sincere and objective with yourself for you to get cogent reasons. if not, you might carry it over to the new year.

2.BE MODERATE IN YOUR RESOLUTIONS: one of the many reasons why a lot of people fail in sticking to their resolutions is because they create resolutions that are bigger than their ability. this is the first step to failure. when making resolutions, don't exaggerate or make a complex list out of excitement. to obtain maximum results,limit your list to a number you can handle, lest say two or three resolutions that you intend to keep. by so doing, you are focusing your effort on what you truly want..

3.STRENGTHEN YOUR SELF CONTROL: Ability to control yourself is very important if you must stick to your resolutions. strengthen your self control by working on your mind.60% of our actions originate from our minds, when you conceive a thought, you are likely to act according to your conception. be determined you want to give this habit up. say a firm NO! and stick to it. if yours is to give up taking alcohol, you can start by deciding not to patronize or visit those joints any longer so that it won't ignite your appetite for the intoxicating substance. ability to control your urge and feelings are the most important of all.

4.MAKE A PLAN:keeping a resolution requires a detailed plan. make a list of those habits you want to give up in the new year. a written plan is an achievable plan. don't just say it with your mouth because you are excited, a lot of us are guilty of this. write them down! and go through it everyday. by so doing. your mind will absorb them and it will sink into your consciousness.remember, a written plan, is a workable plan, and a workable plan, is an achievable plan.

5.WEIGH YOUR LEVEL OF COMMITMENT: when you make resolutions, weigh your level of commitment vis-a-vis your resolutions.look at the level of commitment it will require to achieve your resolutions and consider if you will be able to match that level of commitment. if you are the undisciplined type, you can entrust a friend with the responsibility of keeping you in check so that you won't break your resolutions. if you must stick to your resolutions, then you must be disciplined.

6.MAKE IT WHAT YOU WANT: let your list comprise of those things you truly don't want again in the new year and not what somebody else want. be yourself! don't say because mr A wants to give up a particular habit, then you too will do same. you are only fooling yourself because the level of commitment he or she has might be different from yours. you are different!

7. REWARD YOURSELF WHEN YOU SUCCEED: its not bad if you celebrate your success. if you discover that you kept to your resolutions for the first six months of the new year, celebrate it! that's an achievement. when you do so, it will boost your courage to keep to them for the remaining six months of the year.

thanks for reading. . . smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Spot A Troll Nd A Guy Who Operates Under The Disguise Of A Female Moniker / Hilarious Chat Between Me And A Facebook Friend. (screenshot) / The Claypot Restaurant - #1 Restaurant, Lounge In Ilorin, Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.