Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,122 members, 7,856,493 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA (1396 Views)

Finally Fund And Receive Money Into Paypal Without Changing Ip, Vpn Or Usa Bank / Buy CARS Directly From Europe Or USA!!! / Which Country has more ROI Nigeria or USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Are you based in both countries listed above and hard working?
I am looking for resourceful Nigerians who will partner with me on a business directory website with huge money making potentials.

Please post a reply and ask me any questions if interested. You can also contact me via my NL profile.

Thanks.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by arbitrage: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
Let's go. What's the scope of the project?

1 Like

Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
It's a business directory like I said earlier and I intend to start with a location based listing website that has a generic name.

The goal is to list every business in the cities within your reach and start generating revenue from featured Ad's as soon as the site picks up in popularity and page hits.
You will have to PM me for a link to my demo if interested.

Thanks.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by MrTumble: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
@
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mr Tumble: @poster Kindly send your demo link to smosularjewellers@gmail.com. Regards
Will do.
I already got a female Nairalander based in the UK who is interested.
I like smart people who recognise opportunities. It's a true mark of an entrepreneur. Just the likes I'm willing to work with.

Any other person willing to take a pluge with me should signify here or PM me viw my NL profile.

Cheers and a happy new 2013 in advance.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by remioshy(f): 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
hi,

if its genuine and legit, im interested, based in the uk, send me ur email so i can email you, dont want to post my email here.

thanks
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
remioshy: hi,

if its genuine and legit, im interested, based in the uk, send me ur email so i can email you, dont want to post my email here.

thanks
Hi @remi The business is 100% genuine and legit. Like is said earlier, it's an online directory and I intend to build a formidable team to accomplish desired results.
You can DM be via my NL profile so we can discuss in details if you're interested.
I only need a few commited people and I'm sure it's going to be a rewarding experience.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by CarlosDopipi: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2013
Interested...was looking to go into something like this earlier this year.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
CarlosDopipi: Interested...was looking to go into something like this earlier this year.
Awesome. Good things that you followed me so now I'm following you back for direct messaging. So are you in either of these two countries?

I already got a female Nairalander based in Essex, UK and she looks good to go.
We're still getting to know each other and it feels great building a team for this amazing project.
More people are still welcome so let's keep the ball rolling.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by ebankole: 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
@op

what's this all about? do share.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by straneur(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Great idea but do you know there is that product in the market already? Owned and manage by USA returnee. Please conduct your feasibility studies,I know because this what I do and I have two different tech businesses. Launching another one later this month.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
straneur: Great idea but do you know there is that product in the market already? Owned and manage by USA returnee. Please conduct your feasibility studies,I know because this what I do and I have two different tech businesses. Launching another one later this month.
So how has been your experience so far?
I've done my feasibility studies and I see great prospects in it especially with the type of product I have which would immensely add value to or prospective clients so I believe we are on the right track especially when we launch in our target market.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
I love ur great idea, i would v loved to join, bt im swingin all my energy into kick startin my multi-billion dollar project.
Anyway I'll like to share some tips, dt I tink mite help.
U vc to know what u r up against, u r goin against some top guns in d market n personally if i didnt v som bizness knowledge i wont only call ds mission impossible, i'll also call it mission insanity. But I bliv dere is always at least a way of handlin competitions.
Let me tell u somtin, dont tink of startin small, because d time it wil take u to leave small scale to big scale others wil v turned dem selves into unshakeable forces, so wt im sain is start big.
I wnt mince wordss here u'll need a large capital both in money n man power, if u cn get a website dt looks like forbes, dts a good start, den u v to talk to d rite guys,.
In displayin directories, u shud nt b tinkin of biznesses dt r been run in a room or bizness dt r nt even worth a dime, ds is like show business, u v to giv ur users wt dey wnt, dere r lots of big companies n biznesses in d two countries u r focusin on try to bring all of dem if possible, together, u'll need at least a nice office address in each of dese countries, i dnt mean a partners residential address.
In any step u r takkin remember dt u v ppl in ds biz dt r already ahead of u, n try nt to stay too long in a spot. Remember follow ur head nt ur heart,.
Good luck bro.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by straneur(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Its been great so far but you know everything takes time. Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying your product can't sell but be sure you know your target audience and competitors well enough because naija factors are a bit different but if you will agree with me it creates more opportunities in a long run provided its a unique solution to people's problem.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
@straneur, you seem to be mixing things up. We are not yet focussing on the Nigerian market as your posts presume.

@hottprince, this has moved far beyond the Idea stage. The product is ready and available for deployment. I only need people who are located there and also conversant with the business environment for partnership.

Regarding having an office space, let's take Nairaland for instance. Do advertisers visit a fancy office with a secretary before transacting business? No and this is because it's an online business and that's what makes it different from a brick and mortar business as you suppose.
Thanks for you contribution.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by straneur(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Brand_new: @straneur, you seem to be mixing things up. We are not yet focussing on the Nigerian market as your posts presume.
Oh my bad. All the best bro. Happy New Year.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
OP u may not go for d world class fancy office now, but sometin nice n presentable to start with.
If u r simply motivated by ad revenues den im afraid u may be looki @ a lenghty time frame before u hit it big.
Im nt tryin to discourage u wit my opinions, God Forbid, in fact I wnt n pray for ur success, why? Hundreds of thousand of posts on d web says nigerians r scammers, I want us to change dt, in fact by God's grace I wnt us to take over all aspects of d internet bizness n let d names of Nigerians be forces to reckon wit, bt we cnt achieve ds if we do not plan well.
U used nairaland as an example and I'm goin to use Forbes as an example, I know d two r in diff concepts bt dey both v one tin in common, dey r both internet biznesses, its not a matter of ppl comin to a fancy office to place ads, its about gaining respect for ur company, dt is when d big money comes, u shud strive at all times to make ur company a force, its nt by listin all d biznesses in ds world n havin a billion page views daily dts goin to b d break point for u, infct if u v dese n I v a quarter bt i also take som oda necessary steps i tell u, u wont ever see my tail light. Do u really tink its d little little ads dt we buy dt makes somtin like facebook a multi billion dollar company?
Put ur mind of d aim of gettin d regular ads, focus on d big things n d big tins dnt come easy especially to a company without a 'fancy office'
U can take d advice if u wnt to, its ur choice,
and i wnt u to remember, gettin to d top is nt by motivation alone.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
@ hottprince, I heard you bro and I also appreciate your concern and interest in our business growth and building a more positive online reputation for Nigerians.
However, I will like to point out two facts.
First, Facebook inc is an online social network while forbes is a Media organisation that started with print and now pays more attention to their online blog due to the advent of the internet.

Secondly, every form of media be it print or electronic rely heavily Ad revenues as their source of income and Facebook is no exception.
Facebook like most new generation businesses started from a dormitory and was able to attract

Angel investors due to its wide reach and money making potentials hence people were willing to stake in millions of Dollars knowing fully well that sometime in the future over it will be having over 1 billion users from around the world.

Finally, I once again appreciate you input and your points have been well noted which ofcourse will be duly considered.

Now it looks like we have someone in Ireland. Congrats bro! Soon we will all know ourselves.

Any more persons interested?
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
@op yes u r rite
n i neva said facebook n forbes r d same, i was merely usin dem as xamples considrin d fact dt dey r both online biznesses,
bt com to tink of it, do u tink if somtin like facebook n as big as it is nw were already dere wn mark startd it in his dorm, do u tink angel investors wud v gone for d kill?, d big fish includes d big deals, big ad contracts n lotta tins, I'm sure if someone is startin somtin likle facebook now in his dorm any investor goin to sch person is merely wastin som precious time.
Anyways I'm delighted to here bout ur latest progress, n one more tin bro act fast so dt someone else dos nt steal ur ideas.
Peace bro
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
@hottprince thanks again for your positive response.

To be honest, I'm not even afraid
of people who steal Ideas because there's one thing to steal an Idea and there's another thing to have a clear vision about it.

As regards Facebook inc and Mark Zukerberg starting up, there was already Myspace which dominated Social Networking business at the time he was starting up and they enjoyed quite a lot of investors attention and investment from UK Big wigs but Mark had a clear vision of what social Networking social be, an open way to connect and share information with people in your life. Which was quite different from what Myspace offers.

The same way we also have the likes of Twitter and Instagram which are fast gaining ground and Global attention even with their humble beginnings. So that goes to show you that Ideas rule the world and money will always find a brilliant idea.

I also have countless examples of Young Nigerian entrepreneurs who started out small and now recognised and used by hundreds of thousands of Nigerians. I even know and interracted with some of them personally. I'm saying all these just for you to know I'm not just running on an Idea or brain wave but I've been through the basics of internet business and also paid my dues.

Regards.
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
U r stil gettin me wrong, myspace was existin correct, but not like facebook, wt im sayin is somtin xactly like somtin bit for bit, d duo r similar bt nt totally, myspace had some weaknesses whch facebook optimised, bt nw mark keeps watchin his back everytime to makke sure dere is notin he is leavin for an oponent to utilise. If d likes of myspace had made sure dere was no flop dt is nt been corectd, facebook wudnt v any edge over dem,
In a nutshell wt im sayin is startin small against somone dt is establishd n is nt leavin any stone unturned, will b xtremely difficult, or do u tink dt ppl r nt tryin to throw dangote out of Cement business?
Even dangote himself cudnt throw indomie out of business wen he started his dangote noodles, after google emerged, oda no oda search has been able to oust google out of business, nw wit d case of dangote, if he had started his noodles at a small level, i bet he'll wnt be able to make oust indomie out,
How many small scale soap makers do we v in Nigeria, all of dem dt started small, how many of dem has been able to oust d big guys,n wt applies in d offline bizness applies in d online biz as well.
Sometimes advertisers r nt ready to pay because of ur prodct or d quality of ur service bt insted ur popularity .
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
^^^All this information you're giving is of little or no use to this thread.
Infact, I believe you may be discouraging other people who might be interested in working With me on the project.
Please don't derail the subject.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by hottprince: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Mr. Brand new, no i dnt share ur belief, im jst tryin to let u know what happens in d real world of business n nt d fantasy world dt we all v on our beds, bt anyways I guess u simply dnt need anymore advice, goodluck though because u'll need it,
n let us know of ur progress in d business
Re: Are You Resourseful And Based In The UK Or USA by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2013
hottprince: Mr. Brand new, no i dnt share ur belief, im jst tryin to let u know what happens in d real world of business n nt d fantasy world dt we all v on our beds, bt anyways I guess u simply dnt need anymore advice, goodluck though because u'll need it,
n let us know of ur progress in d business
You may be living in a world of fantasy but i'm not.

Thank you for your concern and if I need advice, I will open a thread for that.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light / How Small Businesses Can Boost Patronage / Basics Of Email Marketing For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.