Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light (1378 Views)

My Friend Gave Me 1million Naira For 30days. / PHCN Will Cease To Exist From 2012: Minister Of Power / Problem of PHCN/NEPA: Price Of Electricity Is Too Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nimen(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
Last month some PHCN officials came to ma house asking me for ma bill, due to some financial challenges i couldn't pay the ten thousand naira given to me as bill
i paid four thousand naira yet these men told me to pay them one thousand naira so as not to cut the light, i didn't cos i didn't have any money with me.
This morning i opened my door only to see PHCN bill on the ground, i picked it and to my amazement, i was given fifteen thousand as bill. What should i do?
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
lolzzzz.....get a lawyer and sue dem
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Op, welcome to Nigeria.... Where anything goes....these kind of problem, has been on for years, I wonder how come u r beginning the grasp the situation of NEPA OR PHCN OR whatever name awaits us, soon...... Anyways do, wat u av 2 do.... Nija electricity case is a hopeless one sad
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
MAXWELLOKUMA: lolzzzz.....get a lawyer and sue dem
na today? E don tey. @op notin like suein here, go to there office close to you and lay complain, they will reduce the bill for you. If u think you can sue dem, u'll end up wasting that money u shld have used for the bill, be wise
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nimen(m): 5:31am On Oct 20, 2013
Fabulousuzo: na today? E don tey. @op notin like suein here, go to there office close to you and lay complain, they will reduce the bill for you. If u think you can sue dem, u'll end up wasting that money u shld have used for the bill, be wise

Thanks i tot so
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by EfemenaXY: 7:02am On Oct 20, 2013
Nimen: Last month some PHCN officials came to ma house asking me for ma bill, due to some financial challenges i couldn't pay the ten thousand naira given to me as bill
i paid four thousand naira yet these men told me to pay them one thousand naira so as not to cut the light, i didn't cos i didn't have any money with me.
This morning i opened my door only to see PHCN bill on the ground, i picked it and to my amazement, i was given fifteen thousand as bill. What should i do?

Sounds like you've incurred extra charges for late / incomplete payment.

Payoff your outstanding bill first, then communicate with them to negotiate a reduction (perhaps a withdrawl of the penalty fees?), and next time, try keeping ontop of your bills to avoid similar scenarios!
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nimen(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2013
^^^ i don't pay late i pay early i've been goody doody wif all ma bills
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by EfemenaXY: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2013
Nimen: ^^^ i don't pay late i pay early i've been goody doody wif all ma bills

Late, incomplete, or however you wish to term it still boils down to the same thing - they haven't got their money (full payment) from you.

You're just going to have to find the money somehow (maybe reach out to family and friends for a loan to tide you over? But you must pay them back too!), to pay them and then negotiate having them reduce or take off the late payment charge they've slapped on you.
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by mysticgal(f): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2013
same thing here,they billed us 30k, without bill for three months,but my dad had paid 15k, without our knowledge,so when we told him,he explained and we paid the remaining 15k,this month again after like 2 months of no bill we are seeing 31k,my mum is sueing them,haba no bill and you expect us to pay that much,e don reach to buy our personal transformer.they are corprate theives undecided
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Going to court is waste of money and time cos u will never win. Even if u don't have light for 1year and still live in ur house, nepa will continue to give u bill.
They call it maintenance bill bla bla bla.
The only scenerio where a house is exempted from paying nepa bill is if there is no occupant in the house and of course a written note will be given to them by d owner of such house and they will stamp it.
It is assumed that most times when nepa cut light, pple do backdoor connection which is tru in most cases so on these two grounds, u don't hv a case against them.

Next time, after feeding money, the next thing to keep aside is nepa money cos the fear of those pple is the beginning of wisdom in naija.

Like somebody told u, meet the mkting manager, pay the one u can, beg for reduction or weiving.
Sorry, that's naija reality.
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by slimyem: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pay what you've incurred and let the matter rest.
Then get yourself a pre-paid meter and save yourself this kind of wahala henceforth.
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by ifyalways(f): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Get a prepaid meter. Or find the maintenance officer for your area and strike a deal with him.

You be learner?
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nimen(m): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Called the marketter guy he says i should come to the office and pay full then pay 1k for reconnection then wait for them to come and fix it for me, that it's how they do it... How do i get a prepaid meter?
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nimen: Called the marketter guy he says i should come to the office and pay full then pay 1k for reconnection then wait for them to come and fix it for me, that it's how they do it... How do i get a prepaid meter?
R u new in naija?
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by EfemenaXY: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^ Go easy on him na, YPP smiley
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Zhedoga: 8:29am On Oct 25, 2013
Maybe u threaten the with Boko haram
Re: PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light by Zhedoga: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
u tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Paracetamol Tablet Vs Paracetamol Capsule / Newly Impoerted UK Used Monitors @ Give Away Pricss / How Reliable Is Diamond Holiday Travel DHT Networking Programe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.