Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660600 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Eggovic: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DESTROTECH(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Python is best to start with..

Check udemy.com for free courses
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Elxandre(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2019
I need encouragement.
Stuck on python OOP and got frustrated.
I'm really frustrated. Can't get the hang of it. cry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Wizzoe360: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2019
Elxandre:
I need encouragement.
Stuck on python OOP and got frustrated.
I'm really frustrated. Can't get the hang of it. cry

I understand that feeling, presently doing self tutor on Java and got stucked at Array. At this point you will have this feeling that maybe you are not just good enough for this. Bro, its part of the process . Check out other materials online

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Elxandre(m): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2019
Wizzoe360:

I understand that feeling, presently doing self tutor on Java and got stucked at Array. At this point you will have this feeling that maybe you are not just good enough for this. Bro, its part of the process . Check out other materials online
Exact feeling I have. I will keep trying. cry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by starcertificati: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2019
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

1. C

2. C++

3. Javascript

4. Java

5. R Programming

6. Assembly Language

7. Visual Basic

8. VB.NET

9. ASP

10. ASP.NET

11. PYTHON

12. Ruby

13. PHP

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by free4pcorg: 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for your kind videos
Javanian:
JavaScript

JavaScript is a scripting language commonly implemented as part of a web browser in order to create enhanced user interfaces and dynamic websites.

JavaScript is a prototype-based scripting language that is dynamic, weakly typed and has first-class functions. It uses syntax influenced by the language C. JavaScript copies many names and naming conventions from Java. JavaScript is NOT the-same thing as JAVA

Where can i learn JavaScript?

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/index.htm

http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/

Ebooks

www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/javascript_tutorial.pdf

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE79FE1267A2553E2
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by nigeriainfo: 12:49am On Sep 23, 2019
kiddapunk:
Are you a programmer? Im looking for programmers in Nigeria for a project, gimme any social handle or contact, thanks.
contact me through : ibusari550@gmail.com. I will be very helpful
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tons613: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
If you have chosen to learn PHP, I will advise that after learning the basics, extend your knowledge to learning PHP frameworks like Laravel and co. I will recommend Laravel. Though may not be too straight forward if you are a beginner, but once you master it, it becomes very easy. It enhances rapid application development and makes writing php codes fun, and it have large community and great documentation.

You can get started at
https://laravel.com

cool cool
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by iCode2: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
I'm feeling Web Development is getting too crowded already. I mean they seem to be everywhere even on Nairaland advertising for cheap rates. Who else feels this way? P

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bizza45: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
iCode2:
I'm feeling Web Development is getting too crowded already. I mean they seem to be everywhere even on Nairaland advertising for cheap rates. Who else feels this way? P

Dude do u think web-development is easy, u Neva Chi chumtin.... am working on one right now, let me give it one of these guys and c if they will not run mad asap
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by africanman85: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Hello, l am a self taught programmer and l believe it's the best option if like me you can cultivate the habit of sitting in front of your system for long hours. l use google and stackoverflow a lot, and overtime l've become more patient with the debugging process.

Being a self taught programmer is difficult, because you may have no compass on your learning path, and spend more time. Also you may have little or no feed back, but when you put in the required amount of time (say an average of 2 hours per day) and go through the process, it's definitely worth it. This is because you know you are your own teacher, and you measure up your progress by yourself. You are much more actively involved in it.
A self taught programmer however can also search for other programmers around in order to cultivate the habit of team work, and also for the required feedback.
l'll advice a self taught programmer to combine both the bottom up as well as the top down learning approach. Fortunately for us in this current global village, it has become easier to be self taught and very advantageous with the tons of resources online.
Hello boss, I am interested in learning programing. I have purchased some videos course. I need somebody who can be guiding me from time to time. Pls I will like to connect with you. This is my WhatsApp number: 08032655418 pls add me.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sewanut(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Good day please is it possible for a site to cut off due to some virus uploaded?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
pls i just began learning computer dat is am not a computer literate b4 so i want to knw if i can learn programming along with odas
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2019
Hello friends, Please I am a beginner in the art of programming and I aspire to create an online Education Platform like; Udemy, Coursera, Chegg, Italki but want to know if it is possible with WordPress??
It will have all the features available in the above web platforms;
Tutors/instructor and student profiles
Course marketing with LMS etc
I am doubting if it is possible to build such sites especially that looks like Udemy with WordPress. if you are experienced with programming and Web development, what do you think of this please??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by creolehunt: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Good morning guys, please who knows where I can get Windows 7 SP1?

I have been trying to install .Net Framework on my system which runs on Windows 7, but the framework won't install and I read somewhere that I must install Windows 7 SP1 first.

I tried to download this, but it turned out to be fake and a regular Windows 7 Ultimate. My Windows Update also won't work.

Does anyone have the Windows 7 SP1 sofcopy in Lagos or know a shop where I'm sure to get an original copy. I'll be glad

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.