Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659575 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 9wila: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
How to Download and Install Window 11 The easy way.

Windows 11 gives a calm and creative space where you can pursue your passions through a new experience. From a rejuvenated Start menu to new ways to connect to your favourite people, news, games, and content Windows 11 is the place to think, express, and create in a natural way.

���

https://www.wilatech.com/2021/07/how-to-download-and-install-window-11.html
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Lordvy01: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Pls I'm looking for any institute that can lecture me on programming in Lagos Island that's where I'm based, I know so many on mainland but the traffic and the stress of shuffling to and fro is much plls help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by karbie(f): 8:40am On Jul 29, 2021
Hello
I started python last month and got stuck somewhere with jupyter. Please can we connect? you might be able to help me. Thank you.
conyema12:
I started with python last month and I must say that am addicted to it. Currently using Jupyter notebook to learn coding
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by femijay8271(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2021
DriggityDre:
Hehe.
If you were around, I would've asked you to drop a sample.
Not possible in such a short period of time na.

I see this as the question.
Lol, there's no way you learnt all those languages overnight.

Anyway, for starters, HTML and CSS is enough to build a simple website.
Javascript and PHP are for additional functionality to the website.

For example, with PHP, you can operate databases, accept user-submitted forms and send emails.

Now, for your question.

After you are done with your code, save it with .html extension.
For example, file_name.html.

Buy a domain service from a domain provider, in this case, whogohost.

Choose any plan, since it's not a serious site you want to build, I suggest you can use the lowest plan.
(I'll still show you how you can host your website for free tho).

After having domain, you have to buy a hosting service by a hosting provider.

I believe whogohost provides both hosting services and domain naming, along with your subscription plan.

After having both the services, just log on to your web server, go to the domain panel and type the name server given by your hosting provider.

Go to hosting C-panel , reach FILE MANAGER and upload your coding into “public_html” .

OR

If you don't want to Use C-panel, you can use an FTP software (file transfer protocol). It helps to upload your html file to your server space.
Example, CyberDuck. This one is good for Windows.

FTP programs vary widely, but generally you have to log on to your web server using details provided by your hosting company (e.g. username, password, host name).

Then the program shows you your local files and the web server's files in two windows, so you can transfer them back and forth.

Hello brother....am really impressed with your explanation, pls can you teach me web design? Really wish to learn from you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by femijay8271(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Unbiased1:

I'm not a pro at Programming but, I feel this is an easy way to start learning coding especially when you want to be good at multiple IT fields like web development, app development and game development.
One programming language I'll advice beginners to learn is JavaScript as well as it's frameworks.

1) First, you learn HTML markup language. This is like the skeleton of any website or web application.

2) Learn CSS. This helps you beautify your web application.

3) Learn JavaScript. This programming language used to be the 2nd most popular programming language in the world after Python (I don't know about now). This makes your web app interactive.
The good part is that with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, you can build mobile apps using Adobe PhoneGap and the app will be supported by different operating systems. JavaScript can also be used to build Games using Unity 3d game engine. Most people tend to use C# programming language for coding games in Unity 3d but, JavaScript can also be used. So you can see that JavaScript is a multipurpose language.

4) Learn jQuery. This one can be described as a simpler version of JavaScript. It shortens the length of your code and is simpler and easier than JavaScript. You can also call it a branch of JavaScript if you like.

5) Boost your skill by learning Angular which is a Framework of JavaScript. Websites like Aliexpress, Jumia, Konga etc were built with Angular. The good part is that Angular uses JavaScript which you may have been familiar with by now which makes learning Angular easier for you to learn.

6) Learn NodeJS. You may have heard of Frontend development, backend development and full stack development. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Angular and jQuery are frontend development. They are used for building what the client/user sees on the web such as your websites template. Anything that involves designing the user interface of your website (what the user sees on the screen) is called front-end development. As for back-end, this has to do with the server side and database side of your web app. This part can't be seen by the user and is usually the complicated part of web development. Cases where a user has to open an account on your website or submit files etc are examples of what back-end development is all about. Full Stack Development is the combination of Front-end and Back-end. Most people use PHP and SQL for back-end development but, since I don't want you to deviate from JavaScript into another Programming language, I advice you learn Node JS. Node JS is another framework of JavaScript that I believe will also be easy for you to use since you must have learnt JavaScript before now.

7) React is another framework of JavaScript that can be used to build apps.

Just learn JavaScript and it's frameworks and you will enjoy it.

Hello brother, pls can you teach me all those u wrote above

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by noskcid(m): 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
If u want to base on web development, then i suggest u learn *HTML*, *CSS* , then *javascript* for front end before u learn *python* for backend or simply learn python for *DATA SCIENCE* and *AI*.
if u are going into web development, then the first thing u learn is *HTML* and then *CSS* not python
html is very simple, all what u just need is ur computer, a text editor and ur web browser, and u are good to go.
A website has both *frontend* and *backend*, the frontend is done with html,css and then possibly javascript.
The backend is achieved with either any of python, PHP, java, nodejs, c++ etc
U see the frontend of websites are basically done with those i just mentioned, html, css and javascript and nothing more.
U learn the frontend before the backend.
I hope this help someone because I was going through the thread and I saw so many confusionist telling people to learn Z before A, how?

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by arthurwillia(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
I’m a medical practitioner with no idea of engineering at all, will programming be a problem for me? Please help
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DissTroy(m): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2021
arthurwillia:
I’m a medical practitioner with no idea of engineering at all, will programming be a problem for me? Please help
It shouldn't. You already have analytical skills and can understand at the basics what syntax is.
I don't have an engineering background myself. Most programmers don't.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by teepain: 12:23am On Aug 03, 2021
Most times people become bogged by what programming language they should learn and end up not starting at all or they get confused along the line if they ever started. The key is to stay true to one of the programming languages especially Objected Oriented Programming Languages (OOPL) because of the reusability of classes, objects as well the usefulness of polymorphism and inheritance.

Once you gain mastery of one of the programming languages, it would be easy to master another language because basically most modern programming languages have similar operations, even though they may differ syntactically. For, instance all languages have data structures and operate on the basis of algorithms.

Any would be learner should strive to understand CRUD (Create-Read-Update-Delete) operations and continually think of how to apply the gained knowledge to solve real life problems. Your ability to use your programming knowledge to solve real-life problems is what earns you money and not your ability to code in many languages!

Back to the question, beginners might consider learning Python language or Ruby, even though I have a preference for Python. This piece of advice is coming from someone who became certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer in 2003 but who is now a convert of the Python Programming Language.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by teepain: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2021
karbie:
Hello
I started python last month and got stuck somewhere with jupyter. Please can we connect? you might be able to help me. Thank you.

Why Jupyter, are you an aspiring Data Scientist?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sarfaraz1212135: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Learning Java would be the best option if you really wanna enter into the programming language. Everyone knows that Java is going to be the future of programming languages. This is one of the reason you should go for Java programming. You can go for Java online course today at Edureka. You will enjoy alot.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ashiru97(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
P
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thatthickgurl(f): 1:15am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning
Please what does a WordPress developer do?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wetdspace(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hello Gurus
Please I need a guide.
I just made decisions to go for programming and probably full stack that would enable me get a remote job.
I’m an idealistic person so I would love something that would be able to make me develop my ideas.
Especially in fintech industry.

I need help cos I want to focus on this.

Please help me out, advice, links, leads, critics is needed.

I just want to start something very meaningful with myself.

Thank you.

PS. If you see this on another topic, it’s me I’m just looking for where to get genuine answers. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tammycaron: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Please describe the differences and similarities between C# and C#.net C++ and C++.net to me if you have a good understanding of Microsoft technologies. Mobile App Design Company
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Elfsman(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Please who knows a Tech school where I can learn Cloud Architecture/Devops Engine in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by komala123: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2021
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Enterprise090(m): 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hi
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JangoroInvest(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Register your children to ingoing summer bootcamp tech training

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Enterprise090(m): 6:52am On Aug 20, 2021
Javanian:
I will try as much as possible to make this article as simple as possible

BRANCHES OF PROGRAMMING

1. Embedded Systems

2. Desktop applications

3. Web Applications

4. Mobile Applications

5. Console applications
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
Please how do I use images(CSS background image) on codepen.
I have tried GoogleDrive and DropBox has suggested by Karleb, but still not displaying.

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong.

4dor
tensazangetsu20
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lv4hiphop: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
Do not be fooled! Makinde Azeez is a criminal scammer. He and his perpetrators use their "so-called" internet skills to build fraudulent crypto trading platforms to lure new crypto investors convincing them into making crypto investments through private chats with promises of handsome profits. After receiving funds from victims all over the world, these scammers are liquidating the stolen bitcoin on exchanges like Binance. This is how he his funding his wealthy lifestyle and Naijaloaded music production activities. The truth is exposed and this criminal will be rotting in jail for a long time! Many victims are coming forward!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
Avast:
Please how do I use images(CSS background image) on codepen.
I have tried GoogleDrive and DropBox has suggested by Karleb, but still not displaying.

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong.

4dor
tensazangetsu20

Why not just download the image and link it from your local folder. Also make sure image type is correct don't name a PNG file as a JPEG.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
4dor:

Why not just download the image and link it from your local folder. Also make sure image type is correct don't name a PNG file as a JPEG.

Thank you boss

I will try that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.