Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,238 members, 7,829,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661977 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Supermajor(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ok
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chudi147(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2021
I'll ask you to learn HTML which is like the basics. It'll give you an idea of what programming looks like, then you can go into python and javascript... considering the way tech is moving with AI and ML booming in the past few years programming might not be very much needed in the future as it's needed today because machines will be able to learn on their own and not requiring programs to tell them what they are to do.
But IoT will still need to be programmed I believe and that's where JS and Python come into play.
Most people prefer Python over JS because it's beginner-friendly and cross-platform. JS is a little difficult for most beginners but to be a power programmer you would need to learn the two.
Here are a few links to the best tutorials on youtube I've seen so far.

For HTML. https://go.rancah.com/GUftKu
For Python. https://go.rancah.com/knidy0N
For JS. https://go.rancah.com/6n0ep0

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Unyione: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
Javanian:
JavaScript

JavaScript is a scripting language commonly implemented as part of a web browser in order to create enhanced user interfaces and dynamic websites.

JavaScript is a prototype-based scripting language that is dynamic, weakly typed and has first-class functions. It uses syntax influenced by the language C. JavaScript copies many names and naming conventions from Java. JavaScript is NOT the-same thing as JAVA

Where can i learn JavaScript?

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/index.htm

http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/

Ebooks

www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/javascript_tutorial.pdf

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE79FE1267A2553E2

JavaScript has grown rapidly in popularity because of Node.js.

Node.js is a cross platform runtime environment that runs on the V8 engine and allows JavaScript to be executed outside the browser.

Node.js utilizes asynchronous programming with the advantage of speed of code execution.

JavaScript can now run in the browser, and on the server side. So you just learn the language once and easily learn and build other applications.

If you would like to do frontend web I would advice you look at Vue Js and React Js after learning the basics.

If you would like to focus on the backend, you should learn Express Js, and one of the other backend frameworks e.g Nest Js or Adonis Js.

If you would like to work on mobile devices the React Native is your guys.

Having said all these, please note that you must learn the basics well before jumping into frameworks.

The MDN docs are very detailed is you are a patient person

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Yinksdavid(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Do you want your OS environment and apps to respond quicker and run faster?

Do you want to always get the newest security updates, patches to restrict easy access of viruses, malwares, spywares affecting your OS environment?

Do you want to get critical updates to improve all app functions on your environment?

Do you want to have personalization settings unblocked?

Do you want to have free support from MS Agent?

Kindly check if your Windows OS is activated and if not, ensure you get a valid activation/license key as this will save you the stress of resolving issues on your system by paying technicians all the time for OS related issues.

Genuine and Legitimate Activation/License retail keys directly from Microsoft available at a very low cost. kindly reach out via my signature for more details.

Office 2013 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)
Office 2016 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)
Office 2019 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)
Office 2021 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)

Office 365
- Project Professional 2019
- Office Home and Business 2019
- Visio Professional 2019
- Office Professional Plus 2019

Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac
Office Home and Business 2019 for Mac

Office Professional Plus 2019
Office Professional Plus 2021

SharePoint Server 2016 (Standard and Enterprise)
SharePoint Server 2019 (Standard and Enterprise)

Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
Visual Studio Enterprise 2019

Visual Studio 2017 for Mac
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac

Windows 10 Pro Plus
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pron N
Windows 10 Education

Windows 11
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LeoMaxUFitTALK: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
Bros I'll really appreciate if you can teach me all this and I'm sure I'm a fast learner. WhatsApp only. 07033746610
Javanian:
I will try as much as possible to make this article as simple as possible

BRANCHES OF PROGRAMMING

1. Embedded Systems

2. Desktop applications

3. Web Applications

4. Mobile Applications

5. Console applications
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by eqqie(m): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
Pls kindly send the link to my email too : talk2tobbex@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by eqqie(m): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Oh okay, i got you now. I know of a group on telegram where python learners and developers discuss and share knowledge on projects. Due to the strict restrictions on this platform, i might have to send the link to your email if you can provide it.

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bipki: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
I would like to advise you to start learning Python programming. After all, python is one of the five most demanded languages. In addition, one of its main advantages is the simplicity of the syntax. The syntax is exactly what made me fall in love with Python, everything unnecessary was removed from the syntax, the code is clean and understandable without unnecessary parentheses and expressions. So, I want to offer Learn Python Video Course , thanks to which you can learn how to create animations, several animations, a clock program, sending an email, running from the command line, pip, py to exe, calculator program, text editor program, game tic-tac-toe, snake game.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mishraakash: 2:34am On Oct 18, 2021
There is many popular and emerging programming language out there but as we are here in 2021 some of old programming language become less popular.

I would like to suggest to start leaning with following

- Javascript : If you are planning to go as Web dev then learning javascript is one of they best language to start with.

- Java : Java is one of the top choice out there among developer. Java is widely used language for enterprise level and large organizations.
Can check here more java key concepts and tutorials

https://www.baeldung.com/java-tutorial
- Python Python is one of the wildly chosen language. It's fast, easy-to-use and easy-to-deploy language. Also we can find great support document our there on net.
Can check here more python key concepts and tutorials

https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

- C/C++ : Evergreen language opt for. Most of operating systems and file systems are written in C language.

There is list of Questions and Answer related to today popular programming language with practise examples. Can go though QuizCure.

https://www.quizcure.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Yinksdavid(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
eqqie:

I am sending it now.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
AustainoPatrick:
Good evening chiefs in the house,
Please how true is this news
This is far cry from reality. Many app already exist to do this but as you know it would still not match the frontend developer requirements. The field is still too wide.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Darealrick(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2021
Sorry if i am disturbing you guys but i'm new on nairaland can someone explain the basics to me
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Darealrick(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2021
Sorry if i am disturbing you guys but i'm new on nairaland can someone explain the basics to me thank you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Funolu: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hello guys,
Please I’m looking for a Python instructor. If you are good in Python , please kindly drop your contact info.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Funolu:
Hello guys,
Please I’m looking for a Python instructor. If you are good in Python , please kindly drop your contact info.
Thanks
Yea just check me on Johnnyessence9ja@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibade123(m): 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
please is there anyone who knows a WordPress community group that I can be added
I currently have a bug in WordPress and I would like to fix it
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tolexander: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Johnnyessence:
Yea just check me on Johnnyessence9ja@gmail.com
so you are a python guru?
Cool cool
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Idamond: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Oh okay, i got you now. I know of a group on telegram where python learners and developers discuss and share knowledge on projects. Due to the strict restrictions on this platform, i might have to send the link to your email if you can provide it.

please can u aswell send me the link?

idaresitmonday5@gmail.com
zero 8 one 3 four 5 8 five zero eight 4 __my watapp Number
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Yinksdavid(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
Idamond:

please can u aswell send me the link?

idaresitmonday5@gmail.com
zero 8 one 3 four 5 8 five zero eight 4 __my watapp Number

Sent.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2021
Tolexander:
so you are a python guru?
Cool cool
not yet python guru. I’m trying. You are funny oooo.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tolexander: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
Johnnyessence:
not yet python guru. I’m trying. You are funny oooo.
that is good bro.

I’m just starting.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 3:52am On Oct 30, 2021
Tolexander:
that is good bro.

I’m just starting.
that’s great. You are welcome �
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 9jatym(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Visit the webpage below to learn more about programming www.pajerry.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Sku8Tufik: 5:58am On Nov 01, 2021
Steveskok:
Hi there!

There are a number of programming languages available in the market.

JavaScript.
Python
Java.
C++
GoLang.
C#
SQL.
Dart.

I would suggest you JavaScript and Python

Let me give you a synopsis of JavaScript it is a scripting or programming language that allows you to implement complex features on web pages — every time a web page does more than just sit there and display static information for you to look at — displaying timely content updates, interactive maps, animated 2D/3D graphics, scrolling video jukeboxes, etc. — you can bet that JavaScript is probably involved. It is the third layer of the layer cake of standard web technologies, two of which (HTML and CSS).

Python is an interpreted high-level general-purpose programming language. Python's design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant indentation. Its language constructs, as well as its object-oriented approach, aim to help programmers write clear, logical code for small and large-scale projects

Thanks,
I have recently started to create Interactive Maps. I often encounter different pragramming languages. It has to interact with the user and with the data on the web page on which it is located. For this case, SVG is the way to go. Why? Because it's easy to work with someone familiar with HTML. SVG - a vector format, based on XML. That is, SVG-picture has its own DOM, to the various elements can apply CSS-rules and control the good old JavaScript. I also make various corrections with showmymap.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tolexander: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Johnnyessence:
that’s great. You are welcome �
You are based in Osogbo or where?

Lemme pm you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Tolexander:

Lemme pm you
I’m based in Ibadan but presently in Osogbo.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
Tolexander:

Lemme pm you
send your pm to this gmail address: johnnyessence9ja@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Big2T(m): 5:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Yinksdavid:

Pls can you send me the link Benjaminjames729@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Yinksdavid(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
Big2T:

Pls can you send me the link Benjaminjames729@yahoo.com

Done

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.