Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (663078 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
olupentane:

I was asked to make a deposit of 20k before first lecture.
lmfao!!!....naija scammers de sharp o!
Jus reply dm 'Go bleep ursef!'....you can learn doz things for free in codeacademy. Or go to youtube and search for the channel 'thenewboston' for free tutorials.
There is anoda cool site i cud hv told you shaa but ayam a stingy niqqa. Email keneohiaeri@gmail.com if u rili nid d site tho.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tos87(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2013
Ї stay at Lagos......can Ї get a brand new Laptop with a good RAM for 50k. If yes,which brand could that be.
Ї so much love this forum....got ϻё inspired. Thanks a lot Javania n Co.
Which area of programming can one savvy in creative art venture into?
Have being reading lots of ebook ѳπ programming now i want Ţ☹ dilve into praticals. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2013
OCTAVO: You have downloaded the wrong file! Download Xamp Here
Good luck!
Thanks OCTAVO. Finally, I downloaded from there n it installed sucessfully BUT
1. Apache refuses to start. Brings Error- apache shutdown unexpectdly,
2.Mysql always pop up Net Command instalation. Attenpts to start MySql but never did.

Pls put more spoon to my mouth. Thanx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OCTAVO: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
^What's the error message you are getting?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
syllang:
Thanks OCTAVO. Finally, I downloaded from there n it installed sucessfully BUT
1. Apache refuses to start. Brings Error- apache shutdown unexpectdly,
2.Mysql always pop up Net Command instalation. Attenpts to start MySql but never did.

Pls put more spoon to my mouth. Thanx
i use linux but If you're using windows all you need to do is stop IIS7 from running because for your Apache to work it needs to make use of port 80 which is what IIS7 is using so shut it down. easiest method is click start type cmd . and when the command prompt pops up type in this code. " net stop was" hit enter type "y" again hit enter and you're good to go. start your xampp. easy way to start xampp open any of your browser and type localhost hit enter . you should get a welcome message. note for mysql to work you need to start mysql service from xampp control panel. Hope this help
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tos87(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
Tos87: Ї stay at Lagos......can Ї get a brand new Laptop with a good RAM for 50k. If yes,which brand could that be.
Have being reading lots of ebook ѳπ programming now i want Ţ☹ dilve into praticals. Thanks.
Any answer coming.....pls cry cry cry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
OCTAVO: ^What's the error message you are getting?
here is the error message

[Wed Aug 28 09:30:17.123422 2013] [ssl:warn] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:18.507422 2013] [ssl:warn] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:20.856422 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH00455: Apache/2.4.4 (Win32) OpenSSL/0.9.8y PHP/5.4.16 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:20.895422 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH00456: Server built: Feb 23 2013 13:07:34
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:20.895422 2013] [core:notice] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:20.910422 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4112:tid 232] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 4052
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:23.371422 2013] [ssl:warn] [pid 4052:tid 248] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:24.542422 2013] [ssl:warn] [pid 4052:tid 248] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Aug 28 09:30:24.742422 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4052:tid 248] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Damitism: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please, where can i download videos (3gp, avi, mp4) on programming tutorials?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
cyrielo: i use linux but If you're using windows all you need to do is stop IIS7 from running because for your Apache to work it needs to make use of port 80 which is what IIS7 is using so shut it down. easiest method is click start type cmd . and when the command prompt pops up type in this code. " net stop was" hit enter type "y" again hit enter and you're good to go. start your xampp. easy way to start xampp open any of your browser and type localhost hit enter . you should get a welcome message. note for mysql to work you need to start mysql service from xampp control panel. Hope this help
thank sir/ma
i tried it lyk dis.

net stop was --- (the specified service does not exist)
net stop_was --------(the syntax of this command is
ACCOUNT, SESSION, STOP
net stop ---------(the syntax of this command is:
NET STOP
service
y----------------- y is not recognised.......

and i tried so many other permutations too with ""too but didt work
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
syllang:
Try and go to tutorialspoint.com to learn any language. For your php installation consider this site
www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_installation_windows_iis.htm
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
syllang:
thank sir/ma
i tried it lyk dis.

net stop was --- (the specified service does not exist)
net stop_was --------(the syntax of this command is
ACCOUNT, SESSION, STOP
net stop ---------(the syntax of this command is:
NET STOP
service
y----------------- y is not recognised.......
and i tried so many other permutations too with ""too but didt work

sorry was a wrong command syntax use "net stop wmsvc" then when it ask for <y/n> type y and enter in the command line window- or to use the UI mode "Click Start, and then click Control Panel Then click System and Security, and then click Administrative Tools. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager then look for stop in the right pane.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tos87(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
Tos87: Ї stay at Lagos......can Ї get a brand new Laptop with a good RAM for 50k. If yes,which brand could that be.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=Tos87][/quote] I can help get a 4GB RAM 2.0Ghz processor web cam 500GB hard drive windows 7,8 and Ubuntu installed with eclipse notepad++ dream Weaver , UDK game engine and other programming software installed and movies. but obviously not a brand new one what do you say?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 12:33am On Aug 29, 2013
Known_pal: Try and go to tutorialspoint.com to learn any language. For your php installation consider this site
www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_installation_windows_iis.htm
Thanx for this link. i tried the method stated there but beliv me, i cant even find IIS in my Service list. (now i feel like crying).
i later tried using CMD by inputing NET STOP wmsvc but returned "the specified service does not exist as an installed service". ( i hope my programming career wont stop here)

NB. MYsql is now working
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 12:36am On Aug 29, 2013
cyrielo:

sorry was a wrong command syntax use "net stop wmsvc" then when it ask for <y/n> type y and enter in the command line window- or to use the UI mode "Click Start, and then click Control Panel Then click System and Security, and then click Administrative Tools. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager then look for stop in the right pane.

Thanx alot for the direction. i didt find IIS in the list of my services
i later tried using CMD by inputing NET STOP wmsvc but returned "the specified service does not exist as an installed service". ( i hope my programming career wont stop here)

I hope my OS doesnt have anytin to do with this? i use Vista.

NB. MYSQL is now working
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Djtm(m): 2:19am On Aug 29, 2013
syllang:

Thanx alot for the direction. i didt find IIS in the list of my services

I hope my OS doesnt have anytin to do with this? i use Vista.

NB. MYSQL is now working
change apache's port to 81, 443. Then access localhost with http://localhost:81/whatever_folder
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 2:49am On Aug 29, 2013
Djtm:
change apache's port to 81, 443. Then access localhost with http://localhost:81/whatever_folder
Yh. Same thing. Didn't work, Brought out
Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly. This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies, improper privileges, a crash or shutdown by another method,
Error log: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does not include an ID which matches the server name.

NB, everytime I start my xampp control panel v3.2.1. A msg pops from my taskbar.
"Xampp-control.exe - Corrupt file.
the file or directory C:\$Mft is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
Trust me I did but notin happnd
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 3:45am On Aug 29, 2013
syllang:
Yh. Same thing. Didn't work, Brought out
Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly. This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies, improper privileges, a crash or shutdown by another method,
Error log: RSA certificate configured for www.example.com:443 does not include an ID which matches the server name.

NB, everytime I start my xampp control panel v3.2.1. A msg pops from my taskbar.
"Xampp-control.exe - Corrupt file.
the file or directory C:\$Mft is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
Trust me I did but notin happnd
Thanks yall. Its now working after I uninstalled and re installed xampp,
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Tos87(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2013
cyrielo: I can help get a 4GB RAM 2.0Ghz processor web cam 500GB hard drive windows 7,8 and Ubuntu installed with eclipse notepad++ dream Weaver , UDK game engine and other programming software installed and movies. but obviously not a brand new one what do you say?
Like fairly or roughly used?.....whatss ЂΞ brand,bat life,ãпԃ cost. Whatsapp ϻё 08186331363
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
syllang:
Thanks yall. Its now working after I uninstalled and re installed xampp,
cool is mysql working now?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
cyrielo: cool is mysql working now?
Yes. Thanks a lot, @octavo @cyrielo @djtm @known pal. Et al. Thanks a lot. I wouldn't have gotten anything better elsewhere.

For the benefit of others lyk me.
XAMPP contains x(your operating system), Apache , Mysql, Php, perl.

So whenever you are thinking of downloading apache, mysql, php, perl and installing them ONE BY ONE. Just download XAMPP and follow the instruction on how to use it.
Better programmers know the advntgs n disadvntgs of this.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnemone(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
pls any institution in nigeria where python is taught..... suggestions pls
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
I made use of EasyPhp doe embarassed Easier than wamp wink

johnemone: pls any institution in nigeria where python is taught..... suggestions pls

Bruv no schl in Nigeria. Learn am by yaself smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 01, 2013
Ajibel: I made use of EasyPhp doe embarassed Easier than wamp wink

grin my python-love you said it right!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2013
Don Ocso:

??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Crisnite(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
cyrielo: I can help get a 4GB RAM 2.0Ghz processor web cam 500GB hard drive windows 7,8 and Ubuntu installed with eclipse notepad++ dream Weaver , UDK game engine and other programming software installed and movies. but obviously not a brand new one what do you say?
I wld say, LET'S TALK BUSINESS!!! Hit me up on crisnite@sailormoon.com or send me a pm.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnemone(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ajibel: I made use of EasyPhp doe embarassed Easier than wamp wink

pls can u be my teacher
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Don Ocso:

grin grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
johnemone:
pls can u be my teacher

i cant teach embarassed buh i can guide wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.