Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (663137 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnemone(m): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ajibel:

i cant teach embarassed buh i can guide wink
so pls how would i start
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ajibel:

i cant teach embarassed buh i can guide wink
me likey:-)...
Cud u be ma guide too??:-D
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
johnemone: so pls how would i start

start by downloading python 2.7 from the website www.python.org then install on ur pc.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
kennikazi:
me likeysmiley...
Cud u be ma guide too??cheesy

embarassed embarassed
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnemone(m): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ajibel:

start by downloading python 2.7 from the website www.python.org then install on ur pc.
downloaded it already
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fidinwala(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2013
plz i need teach yourself e books on visual basic,access, and excel plzzz

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2013
Ajibel:

Questions I have for my HOT female guidecheesy

1. What is the difference between python 3.2 and python 2.7?

2. What exactly is object oriented programming?

3. Must every python program end in .py? What about .exe?

4. What exactly is a database? Is excel, access, and mysql examples of databases?

5. How can I view the source code of an ordinary software, lets say notepad?

6. Which editor would you recommend me to use, Notepad++ or Komodo edit?

7. How exactly can I use python to create web apps? What do people mean by front end and back end of a web app and how are they connected?

8. Can you give you email address xo you could guide me more?

9. And last (but not least)...are you single?smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OCTAVO: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2013
Flirting thingz going on here... Well that's good. cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fidinwala(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2013
wiating plz e book on vb,access and excel plzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 11:20am On Sep 04, 2013
It's painful when some dudes don't know the use of google. Enter those questions in google and if you don't understand the answers then type it here.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Known_pal: It's painful when some dudes don't know the use of google. Enter those questions in google and if you don't understand the answers then type it here.
yah niqqa...google gives me the creeps coz there are too mani ansaz to one questn and ayam pretty sure google cant ansa the last 2 questnz or can it?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
johnemone: downloaded it already

good. U can either download "learn python the hard way" or "think python" pdf's both free and start studying them.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
kennikazi:
Questions I have for my HOT female guidecheesy

Your answers below

1. I havent studied py3k wella so cant tell much of d diff. I'm compiling a list of d diff's doe

2. Search on google "Wikipedia: OOP"

3. Its like asking must every stylesheet end with .css How would u run it .exe is for windows

4. Yes they are. For more google "Wikipedia: Databases"

5. You can only see the source codes of open source softwares. Just find where it is being hosted, popularly on github.

6. Notepad++ is free, Komodo isnt buh Komodo is better. U can use python idle, much better than notepad

7. Frontend is the UI of a site written in html/css..., Backend is the server side written in python,php... You can use python to create web apps by downloading the necessary packages like web framework(django), server(web.py), template(jinja) etc...

8. I dont communic8 via email so if u send me a message, i may not see it

9. You'd be disappointed!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
fidinwala: wiating plz e book on vb,access and excel plzzzzzzzzzzz

make good use of d search engines. That's a skill needed to be a good programmer.

I wont respond again to any question that can easily be researched/read over the next. Shame on u if u are lazy to research, u wont make a good programmer!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Obidikejr(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
hello roomies, hope we all had a nice day? plz @ajibel and oda fellaz wat is the best online source I can get my hands on to start programming 101...wen I mean 101 I mean am still a novice, a freshman, new to anything programming...atleast I know the 5 basic concept of any language...um..dats all,..nothing else...anywhere I can download online pdf tutorials?...I stay in abuja, I am a very loveable student (if any1 here in abj wuld luv to tutor me)...plz direct me to sophisticated sites where I can learn all I need to know about programming (being a pro) in 1 yr or 2 ( um I dunno if Dats too much or too little, no idea)...thank you all..I wuld greatly appreciate your replies...

Paul Obidike III
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Ajibel:
make good use of d search engines. That's a skill needed to be a good programmer.
Shame on u if u are lazy to research, u wont make a good programmer!!!

Said it all.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ajibel:

1. I havent studied py3k wella so cant tell much of d diff. I'm compiling a list of d diff's doe

2. Search on google "Wikipedia: OOP"

3. Its like asking must every stylesheet end with .css How would u run it .exe is for windows

4. Yes they are. For more google "Wikipedia: Databases"

5. You can only see the source codes of open source softwares. Just find where it is being hosted, popularly on github.

6. Notepad++ is free, Komodo isnt buh Komodo is better. U can use python idle, much better than notepad

7. Frontend is the UI of a site written in html/css..., Backend is the server side written in python,php... You can use python to create web apps by downloading the necessary packages like web framework(django), server(web.py), template(jinja) etc...

8. I dont communic8 via email so if u send me a message, i may not see it

9. You'd be disappointed!
Thks alot for taking you time in answering my questions hun:-). Seems like I have to make Google ma friend after all.
P.S: I downloaded komodo edit for free. Dont tell anyone, its our secretwink...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
kennikazi:
Thks alot for taking you time in answering my questions hun:-). Seems like I have to make Google ma friend after all.
P.S: I downloaded komodo edit for free. Dont tell anyone, its our secretwink...

shocked shocked shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by akingenge: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Greeting to all forumites.
pls, is there any DBA in the house?
your Attention is urgently needed please
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by temitopecoal(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2013
@javanian i think my question is for u cos of your experience buh mind u am a newbie dat nid plenty explanation
i want to start developing apps for mobile os like android,ios,window7 n 8 and bb10 so what language do i learn for them and after d mobile os i wana move to desktop like windows,mac and linux and consoles like xbox,ps3 n ps4. I know i cant learn it all,i have a team dat we will divide it amongst our self so pls xplain verywel. Thanx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2013
temitopecoal: @javanian i think my question is for u cos of your experience buh mind u am a newbie dat nid plenty explanation
i want to start developing apps for mobile os like

android,

Java

ios,

Objective C

window7 n 8

C#
and bb10

Java, i think

so what language do i learn for them and after d mobile os i wana move to desktop like windows,mac and linux

Java/C++/C#/Objective C

and consoles like xbox,ps3 n ps4.

Unity3D, UDK

I know i cant learn it all,i have a team dat we will divide it amongst our self so pls xplain verywel. Thanx

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ifyeky(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Op, pls wich programming language can a Mechanical Engineer learN. I'm a newbie and I wana learn programming asap
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by temitopecoal(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Javanian:

Java

Objective C

C#

Java, i think

Java/C++/C#/Objective C

Unity3D, UDK

Hope this helps
tanx bro..can we exchange emails
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Valon4ego(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
I really want to learn programing,but unfortunately I don't have a laptop. what I want to know is whether I can learn it with my Android Phone
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dannie04: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
javanian have you tried processing . Its good for android applications
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
temitopecoal:
tanx bro..can we exchange emails

just P.M. me
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
dannie04: javanian have you tried processing . Its good for android applications

No
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Valon4ego: I really want to learn programing,but unfortunately I don't have a laptop. what I want to know is whether I can learn it with my Android Phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aide.ui&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Daide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.