Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660443 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 1:47am On Jun 22, 2017
All I know in Computer is Microsoft and accounting packages. I want to start programming, I have flair for it. where will I start, pls help a brother.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by isidollarboy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Headlaw:
All I know in Computer is Microsoft and accounting packages. I want to start programming, I have flair for it. where will I start, pls help a brother.
HTML will be your resort point, then after that, you should be able to know what you need to proceed or better off, read the first page of this thread, there is useful information that will set a stepping stone for you... I hope this helps
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
isidollarboy:
HTML will be your resort point, then after that, you should be able to know what you need to proceed or better off, read the first page of this thread, there is useful information that will set a stepping stone for you... I hope this helps

Thank you bro! I still need proper guidance as a newbie. I hope to rely on you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Presidentman: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2017
Headlaw:

Thank you bro! I still need proper guidance as a newbie. I hope to rely on you.
Practice with codecademy.com
Start with their recommended course: HTML and CSS. It's easy!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
Presidentman:

Practice with codecademy.com
Start with their recommended course: HTML and CSS. It's easy!
I am very grateful for this bro! is there any other site you can link me to
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Presidentman: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Headlaw:

I am very grateful for this bro! is there any other site you can link me to
You can also search for w3schools, stackoverflow...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tirigbosa: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
good afternoon, as a newest bie in prog(ramming, I read through this thread and I discovered most people that the starting point is to learn HTML and CSS . I have done that and I can make webpages now. thanks to you guys,sololearn and Jon duckett.

however, I am still confused on the language to learn. I certainly know that I don't want to go into web develpment and design. that's you I don't want to further into JavaScript and php.

please, I need suggestion on the path to follow next after HTML and CSS . thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
tirigbosa:
good afternoon, as a newest bie in prog(ramming, I read through this thread and I discovered most people that the starting point is to learn HTML and CSS . I have done that and I can make webpages now. thanks to you guys,sololearn and Jon duckett.

however, I am still confused on the language to learn. I certainly know that I don't want to go into web develpment and design. that's you I don't want to further into JavaScript and php.

please, I need suggestion on the path to follow next after HTML and CSS . thanks
how can you make interactive pages when you don't want to further into js and php?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
tirigbosa:
good afternoon, as a newest bie in programming, I read through this thread and I discovered most people that the starting point is to learn HTML and CSS . I have done that and I can make webpages now. thanks to you guys,sololearn and Jon duckett.

Learn Abt Developing Android(java) Or Desktop App(c++, VB)

Or Learn One Programming Language(i will say javascript: it'll make ur porting to other language like java, c++ easy) And Get Basic Problems Online To Solve And Improve Your Problem Solving Skills(which will helpful in general)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by feddiferri(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
first of all, decide what platform you like most.

Web programming
Desktop development
Mobile Apps development

once you decide then ask such type of question.

Example

I love web programming. from which programming language should I start with?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by orimion(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
feddiferri:
first of all, decide what platform you like most.

Web programming
Desktop development
Mobile Apps development

once you decide then ask such type of question.

Example

I love web programming. from which programming language should I start with?

Machine learning
Data Science
System programming

etc
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2017
As a graduate of banking and finance who wish to gain ict skills. Please what aspects of ict would be the most useful for me learn. thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by chupcake(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2017
yemimajid:
As a graduate of banking and finance who wish to gain ict skills. Please what aspects of ict would be the most useful for me learn. thanks.

ICT skills to help with your work or you want to branch out and do something else.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 07, 2017
chupcake:

ICT skills to help with your work or you want to branch out and do something else.
one that helps improve my chances and values in financial institutions...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mrbabra: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is Mark Zuckerberg video the founder of facebook making speech concerning programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTMubSRm5MY
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by holajeedayy: 2:31am On Jul 08, 2017
good day programers ,pls i need someone who could help me with patrick washinton c# and java tutorial videos thanks inadvance .....07030842589
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Presidentman:
You can also search for w3schools, stackoverflow...
Thanks bro very grateful
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kester113(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Javanian:
They are a lot of them, but these are the ones that i could think of at the time of writing.. grin

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

1. Java

2. C

3. C++

4. c#

5. Objective C

6. PHP

7. Assembly Language

8. Javascript

9. Visual Basic

10. VB.NET

11. ASP

12. ASP.NET

13. PYTHON

14. Ruby

OTHERS

a. HTML

b. CSS

I will only talk about the ones on BOLD grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.