Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661359 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by prestige45: 12:56am On Jan 21, 2018
I want to go into security any ideas

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by prestige45: 1:01am On Jan 21, 2018
I need direction

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by seunny4lif(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
cool
Flask, Python or PHP?
Which is good?
PrettySatan:

I think to make yourself useful, employable in future with bright prospect, productive (as in quickly developing app with live usage) you should go the web way. By web-Way i mean Javascript/TypeScript ( Note TypecSript is a cleaner / superset / modernize / more-standard version of JavaScript.

Html5/Css /Javascript/Typescript is the future. As you can develop Hybrid Apps ( Either Mobile App on andriod or Ios, or Desktop App or WebSites ).

With that been said let me respond to your question in emphasis.
Python : Still used for most websites today but trust me its much more for scientific use than websites... I moved from Python to PHP and in my years of development, i do not think i used Python more than twice ( When i worked on imagery and satellite with Nigeria's Com-Sat1)
R: By R i guess you mean Ruby. I dont fancy this language because everything on this language is centered on the framework Ruby on rails. So what happens if you plan to develop a mobile app?.
VB: I have never been a fan. I think and believe its useless.
C#. I advise this to (c and c++).
C and C++. I believe they are just headache languages with memory issues and complexity in syntaxs. O the memory ish is so much an hell. I hate it.
Java: Old Jargon Leave it and Move to something productive with ease.

Do not get decieved that you need to not compare programming language. Some so called developers/ programmers will ask you to learn any. Some even go the route of advising you to learn fortran/ c. Dont listen to them. In most case on long run there is need for motivation which could be financial or in terms of seeing our products live with others using it.

Do Not Forget I am PrettySatan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajixegun: 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nice thread
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by index007(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2018
Our PHP AJAX Class is coming up tomorrow by 2pm UTC+1 and if you are willing to join up, kindly download the following pdf files that are prerequisite to the class, read, practise, understand the notes before the PHP AJAX Class:

1) HTML/CSS - http://alltsnetwork.com/b_downloads/HTML_CSS.pdf
2) JavaScript - http://alltsnetwork.com/b_downloads/Javascript.pdf
3) PHP Basics - http://alltsnetwork.com/b_downloads/PHP%20Basics.pdf
4) PHP MySQL - http://alltsnetwork.com/b_downloads/PHP%20MySQL.pdf
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bahat: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
prestige45:
I want to go into security any ideas

You mean computer security right?, first off you need to know all about the operating system you want to secure.
call me if you are really serious. 08169012633
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bahat: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
PrettySatan:

I think to make yourself useful, employable in future with bright prospect, productive (as in quickly developing app with live usage) you should go the web way. By web-Way i mean Javascript/TypeScript ( Note TypecSript is a cleaner / superset / modernize / more-standard version of JavaScript.

Html5/Css /Javascript/Typescript is the future. As you can develop Hybrid Apps ( Either Mobile App on andriod or Ios, or Desktop App or WebSites ).

With that been said let me respond to your question in emphasis.
Python : Still used for most websites today but trust me its much more for scientific use than websites... I moved from Python to PHP and in my years of development, i do not think i used Python more than twice ( When i worked on imagery and satellite with Nigeria's Com-Sat1)
R: By R i guess you mean Ruby. I dont fancy this language because everything on this language is centered on the framework Ruby on rails. So what happens if you plan to develop a mobile app?.
VB: I have never been a fan. I think and believe its useless.
C#. I advise this to (c and c++).
C and C++. I believe they are just headache languages with memory issues and complexity in syntaxs. O the memory ish is so much an hell. I hate it.
Java: Old Jargon Leave it and Move to something productive with ease.

Do not get decieved that you need to not compare programming language. Some so called developers/ programmers will ask you to learn any. Some even go the route of advising you to learn fortran/ c. Dont listen to them. In most case on long run there is need for motivation which could be financial or in terms of seeing our products live with others using it.

Do Not Forget I am PrettySatan

Brother, you do not need to criticize these languages, am pretty sure all your can handle is web. If you want to go indepth into the computer, i mean operating system, compiler, assembler, and so on, you must write C or C++. Fortunately i write all these languages except RUBY.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PrettySatan: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bahat:

Brother, you do not need to criticize these languages, am pretty sure all your can handle is web. If you want to go indepth into the computer, i mean operating system, compiler, assembler, and so on, you must write C or C++. Fortunately i write all these languages except RUBY.

Nope I write full time erlang at the moment and I work for a Telecom coy in Netherlands. So pls nope.

I wrote all I did in context to Nigeria.

Brother, writing all the language amounts to nothing. Use case is everything. You can cram any syntax but can you develop something meaningful on it?

Some languages like golang are more beautiful and can take place of c.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bahat: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
PrettySatan:

Nope I write full time erlang at the moment and I work for a Telecom coy in Netherlands. So pls nope.

I wrote all I did in context to Nigeria.

Brother, writing all the language amounts to nothing. Use case is everything. You can cram any syntax but can you develop something meaningful on it?

Some languages like golang are more beautiful and can take place of c.

Writing Erlang is good for you Bro. i write GoLang as well its syntax more like C, how will it take place of C, which language is used to develop Unix Operating System? to do most of these low level job in high level language? i work in a Software Company in Ibadan, am also a FreeLance Programmer with Notable Clients at hand. i dont write Language i dont need to implement stuffs with. Mind you am not a Beginner in Computer in General not Programming. Am a more experience dork.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bularvz: 2:23am On Feb 07, 2018
illegalking:
Python is sweat

Testimonies

What can python be used for in today's programming world

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.