Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659134 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tuyiakin: 6:58am On Feb 10, 2018
Family, please i will be travelling to India in the next few weeks and one of my aim there is to learn web and app development thou presently i know nothing about coding.please i best can i get to learn this without wasting much time i mean the best language to get use to and anybody to help in offline tutors.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by holuphisayor(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2018
tuyiakin:
Family, please i will be travelling to India in the next few weeks and one of my aim there is to learn web and app development thou presently i know nothing about coding.please i best can i get to learn this without wasting much time i mean the best language to get use to and anybody to help in offline tutors.
python is fairly easy for beginners.
The website below has exercises and solutions too.

install python on your PC and start coding( visit www.python.org to download python )

http://python-textbok.readthedocs.io/en/1.0/Introduction.html

python frameworks, libraries etc
https://awesome-python.com/

BTW you don't need to go to india, everything you need is on the internet. just "google" and "stack overflow" is enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tuyiakin: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
Thanks, but not actually going for dat alone av got other courses am going for...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2018
[quote author=ugomatt post=64377047][/quote]

Hi boss. I have difficulty joining the WhatsApp group. Kindly help me out.

That's my WhatsApp number
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2018
Dear bosses.

I am a newbie here, but would love to learn programming language.

As a starter, which programing language would you suggest I start with (pls, I don't mind u listing the next program I can learn in ascending order)

I don't have a laptop, but I have a smartphone. I don't know if this would help.

Thank you bosses
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by jento(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Holuwaxheun:
Dear bosses.

I am a newbie here, but would love to learn programming language.

As a starter, which programing language would you suggest I start with (pls, I don't mind u listing the next program I can learn in ascending order)

I don't have a laptop, but I have a smartphone. I don't know if this would help.

Thank you bosses

Hello Hulo,
The programming language you should start with depends on you. Help me to answer this question; WHAT DO I WANT?
For Mobile:
Android --> Java or Kotlin (I prefer Kotlin for newbie)
IOS --> Swift

For Data Science:
Learn R or Python because of the large community support. (I prefer Python)

For Hardware or Embedded Systems:
Learn C or C++

For Hacking:
Learn Python

For Web Development:
Frontend --> HTML/CSS/Javascript
Server Side --> PHP or Ruby or Python or Node.js

For IDE/Text Editor:
Use whichever (IDE/Text Editor) you are comfortable with.

Finally, referring back to your statement “I don't have a laptop, but I have a smartphone. I don't know if this would help”, the developers of IDEs or Text editor do not target mobile platform as their primary source of income. So programming without a laptop or desktop would be a child’s play.

R Programming
Python Programming
PHP Programming
JavaScript Programming
HTML
CSS
SASS, LESS or STYLUS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
jento:

Hello Hulo,
The programming language you should start with depends on you. Help me to answer this question; WHAT DO I WANT?
For Mobile:
Android Java or Kotlin (I prefer Kotlin for newbie)
IOS Swift

For Data Science:
Learn R or Python because of the large community support. (I prefer Python)

For Hardware or Embedded Systems:
Learn C or C++

For Hacking:
Learn Python

For Web Development:
Frontend: HTML/CSS/Javascript
Server Side PHP or Ruby or Python or Node.js

For IDE/Text Editor:
Use whichever (IDE/Text Editor) you are comfortable with.

Finally, referring back to your statement “I don't have a laptop, but I have a smartphone. I don't know if this would help”, the developers of IDEs or Text editor do not target mobile platform as their primary source of income. So programming without a laptop or desktop would be a child’s play.

R Programming
Python Programming
PHP Programming
JavaScript Programming
HTML
CSS
SASS, LESS or STYLUS

Thank for your kind response.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by jbrodaly(m): 12:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

I encourage people to start with python. It is easier to start with and understand. You can build on the knowledge gained from python to learn other programming lingos.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by quinSonia(f): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
psamie I Need your expertise concerning the free lancing
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lexaydfg(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2018
rockstarh2i:
pls i need the e-book also send it here usmankosere1@gmail.com thanks

Dont have it any longer..
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mboi: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
Nice thread I must say
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by michelKalib(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

Learn c first because it will help you learn any programming language.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JoshMedia: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
damzy88:
Hi everyone, thanks for your good work. Which should I learn first. Python, R, C++, C, C#, VB, Java, Pascal or Fortran. Kindly let me know your thoughts on each. Thanks
Start with C programming

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.