Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

HELP O Egba Ethnic Group - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HELP O Egba Ethnic Group (843 Views)

How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
I have this HUGE assignment on my ethnic group to write and i am egba. I know almost nothin about it and i av five whole pages to write. God will bless you for answerin o. I av introduction down, what is special about the egba dialect, what sort of clothes, festivals, technology,traditional rulers, marriages? anything at all. Please help me, my dad is not in a good mood, he wont answer me.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
the info is all over google.

list famous egbas, give their bios, etc.

where are they located, etc.

maybe they used to be further north or something?

olumo rock, etc etc.

dont know anything about the other items on your list.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
The info is not all over google, i checked. I av written all that wiki had to offer and av only one page. Its worth a big part of my grade. I wuldnt b botherin u if it wasnt
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
did you list famous people from egba?

their bios should be more than one page.

if you include olumo rock and its history, that's another half a page at least.

the wars?
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
http://www.egbayewa.org/kingdoms.htm

http://egbaprogressive.org/history_of_abeokuta.php [nice background music here]

in addition, look for books which can give more detail.

1 Like

Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Thanks, helps with history but what is current egbaland like?
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
seriously, i have no idea.

why isnt your dad agreeing to help you out with information?

and what about your other relatives- mum, uncles, grandparents, etc.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
anyway, i think olumo rock is now a tourist attraction.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
My mom isnt egba, my grandparents r dead and my uncles r oceans away. I joined nairaland just to get answers ha ha. My dad's complicated, long story. I'll keep trying, can't fail first semester.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
^she should still know something about egba though, since you are egba.

is she not nigerian? just curious.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
She is but she knows very little too. As for me, if not for this homework, i wouldnt even know where egbas came from or anything at all. I dont live in egbaland. This sucks mightily.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by tpia5: 10:13am On Jan 01, 2013
you should post more info about yourself when asking this type of question.

why do you not know anything about egbas, etc. ie what was the reason.

yorubas typically expect a person to know something of his/her origins, and would generally view it negatively if someone went around asking strangers for information on his/her ethnicity.

so you dont even know if you're descended from the returnees?

Although i did meet an occasional egba related person who knew nothing about the place.

a lagosian for that matter. Never went there till he was in his 20s, and even then returned to lagos the same day.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Blyss: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2013
Naijaphil: I have this HUGE assignment on my ethnic group to write and i am egba. I know almost nothin about it and i av five whole pages to write. God will bless you for answerin o. I av introduction down, what is special about the egba dialect, what sort of clothes, festivals, technology,traditional rulers, marriages? anything at all. Please help me, my dad is not in a good mood, he wont answer me.

Wow, how can you not know anything about your own people? That's crazy. Good luck.
Re: HELP O Egba Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
I neva said i dont know anythin, i said i dont know enough to fill a 5 page essay. I need in depth knowledge. I know egba history about hw they hide in olumo rock durin intertribal wars with dahomeyans after oyo empire collapsed, i know they eat lafun n ewedu, i even know hw adire is made. I just needed more knowledge about ancient gods n hw egbaland was ruled. Stuff like that, m not entirely clueless and i dont live there.

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Fight Over These 10 Things!!! / Nigerian Myths Story Line Development For 3d Game / pls delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.