Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic - Education (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic (478958 Views)

Mathematics Clinic / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mathefaro(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Tradegood:

Your answer is wrong.
Does that look like a right angle to you in your wildest imagination??
A mathematician solved it and solution is attached.

All the angles were solved for.
An when you sum up individual triangles, they ALL give you 180 degrees.

x is 50°
Calm down, my brother.

The same way you think that angle isn't a right angle in the wildest imagination, what makes you or your "Mathematician" think that BDE is isosceles?

It is an unacceptable assumption so the attached "QED" is false.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Tradegood: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
mathefaro:

Calm down, my brother.

The same way you think that angle isn't a right angle in the wildest imagination, what makes you or your "Mathematician" think that BDE is isosceles?

It is an unacceptable assumption so the attached "QED" is false.

Why?
Because using your method, all the triangles did not check out to 180° when you sum the angles in each triangle.

Using the method as I submitted, all the sum of angles in EACH triangles checked out and summed up to 180° each.

AND not only that, the sum of angles about a point is 360° which also checks out in mine.

Add all the angle for that centre point, you go get 360°

We did a lot of Mathematics like this in School. I have no idea if it was on purpose, them go just hide one info like that.

Try solve with your assumption, everything just wrong. I try am e no work.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mathefaro(m): 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Tradegood:

Why?
Because using your method, all the triangles did not check out to 180° when you sum the angles in each triangle.

Using the method as I submitted, all the sum of angles in EACH triangles checked out and summed up to 180° each.

AND not only that, the sum of angles about a point is 360° which also checks out in mine.

Add all the angle for that centre point, you go get 360°

We did a lot of Mathematics like this in School. I have no idea if it was on purpose, them go just hide one info like that.

Try solve with your assumption, everything just wrong. I try am e no work.
1. I am quite surprised you have been saying "your method" as I never posted any solution here in the first place and mind you, whatever solution that you or anybody might have posted that involves (no-standard) assumption of any sort is unfortunately not correct.

2. The fact that you tried something and it didn't work doesn't always mean it's not right especially in mathematics.

3. If you follow the previous discussion thread which is already 2 years ago, different solutions emerged which didn't depend on any wrong assumption (both geometric construction and analytic). But if you still need convincing, I have put together a solution which is attached below. Do well to check it out and do not hesitate to ask for clarification where needed.

#peace

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Entrepreneurrr: 11:45pm On May 19, 2022
Good day house, please which materials/textbook or website will I use to understand RELATION better.
I use to understand it with numbers, but here we are mostly using alphabets, and I used to get lost that way.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Oyindamola20: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good evening everyone. Pls can someone help me with this maths �
An aeroplane flies from a town P on a bearing of 60° to another town Q at a distance of 200km away. it then changes course and flies to another town R, on a bearing of 120°. if R is directly east of P. calculate the distance PR
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 14, 2022
Pls can someone help with this?

A, B, and C shared a sum of #31,100.00. For every #32.00 that A gets, B gets 50kobo and for every #34.00 B gets. C gets #32.00. Find C's share.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by IQvectors: 2:42am On Jun 15, 2022
Pls some one should help give a detailed solving....

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by IQvectors: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
IQvectors:
Pls anyone should help me solve it. I wasted hours last night and couldn't get the answers!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mathefaro(m): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Drslime:
Pls can someone help with this?

A, B, and C shared a sum of #31,100.00. For every #32.00 that A gets, B gets 50kobo and for every #34.00 B gets. C gets #32.00. Find C's share.
Check the attached picture.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mathefaro(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
IQvectors:
Here...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Canopy2018(m): 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Are you tired of struggling with basic math operations? Unlock the secrets of the fundamental arithmetic operators' rules and become a math wizard in no time! From addition to division, these essential rules will give you the foundation you need to excel in math and beyond. Join us on a journey to discover the power of arithmetic and unleash your inner genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2p3zYn48U
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by MomentMan(m): 12:02am On Mar 17, 2023
I miss this thread
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mathefaro(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
MomentMan:
I miss this thread
The thread had its good moments. smiley
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by JaySterling: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2023
Who can help me solve these questions please

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by JaySterling: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2023
Assignment Instructions:

-If the questions show a variable name, please take your value from this table below

-Use diagrams to answer all questions and show calculations

-Answers to each part of each question should be correct to the nearest millimetre. Take care when carrying forward values from one part of a question to the next.

-Your work should be handwritten, neat and clear

-Marks will be deducted for wrong diagrams or figures

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2023
eazzii
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by DBright123(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
Greetings everyone and the great mathematicians in the house.

Please kindly assist me with this quantitative reasoning question b and c.

I have been trying it but seem not to be getting it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by BlackSpanner: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please can someone help me with the solutions to these questions in statistics.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Miracle112(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hello Guys, please I need someone to write 400 level mathematics exams for someone!
The pay is good
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Miracle112(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
Annan
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Adekaka12345: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Miracle112:
Hello Guys, please I need someone to write 400 level mathematics exams for someone!
The pay is good

Physical or online?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by killsmith(f): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
Bump!

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.