Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter (17316 Views)

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Obasanjo Pledges Loyalty To Jonathan’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Ptimes: 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the weekend caused a mild drama when he sighted PREMIUM TIMES’ correspondent at the Government House in Ogun State.

The reporter tried to take a picture of the former president standing beside former Nigerian leader, Ernest Shonekan, with his camera phone, but got a dramatic response from Mr. Obasanjo.

“You again,” the former president said. “That was how your blackberry phone was smashed.”

One of Mr. Obasanjo’s children, Oba, had smashed the blackberry phone of the PREMIUM TIMES journalist for taking the picture of the fire at the former president’s house last week in Abeokuta, the Ogun State Capital.

Obasanjo to buy second hand phone

The journalist complained to Mr. Obasanjo about the destroyed phone and asked the former president what he intends to do about it.

The former number one citizen again responded in his characteristic dramatic and jocular manner.

“I will buy you another one, but if you don’t mind, it has to be a fairly used one and with cheaper price,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

At the end of the day’s programme, our correspondent again approached the former president, requesting to follow him to his house to collect the promised blackberry phone; but Mr. Obasanjo turned it to another round of comedy.

“You this Ijesa man, I suspect you are the one who set my house on fire, and you want to come there again, I will buy your phone for you when I return from abroad.”

After making the statement, the former president entered his vehicle, smiled and waved to the reporter.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/113403-humour-obasanjo-pledges-to-buy-cheap-fairly-used-phone-for-reporter.html

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Dfrenzy(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Uhm...!!! cry
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 02, 2013
Make e kukuma buy Tecno...meanwhile I be second to xxxxxxxx
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Iaz93: 8:09am On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by alluson(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2013
O.......k........
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Frank3n2(m): 8:10am On Jan 02, 2013
The reporter should forget about the phone.. Baba was only joking
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Kaxmytex(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2013
[size=28pt]baba iyabo...e no gud o[/size]
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by ceejay80s(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2013
Dem take 5th post swear 4 me? obasanjo, i get used phone wey i wan sell 5million

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by omicron(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2013
Hmmm, but why would the daughter smash the reporters phone? He is a journalist for goodness sake! That's improper and that was all the former president had to do? Smh! If it was GEJ we would've started calling names, but I think this is a more serious case than the joke the former president has made it to look like. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by NosaHenry(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2013
Making people laugh is OBJ second nature
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by stanley095(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2013
4th to comment. Baba na big poor man. Dat jounalist would never get dat phone except he wants to work 4 baba

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by controlseven: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2013
Oby na i go die papa? The man get luck say no be Chinko e go buy for am......waiting 4 Oby phone indeed!
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by donfatosa(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2013
Lol
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by a1solution: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2013
Obasanjo is the only person that have lead Nigeria and have the talent and power to transform Nigeria but I'm yet to know why he did not do dat. Thank God atleast uninterupted power supply would commence in all parts of Nigeria this year 2013.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by neksummi(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2013
That's baba Sege for you!

The man has made his own money. Let's team to make ours this year. Here's my plan:
https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all

Happy New Year. Wish you a prosperous year.
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by IlCapitano(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2013
stanley095: 4th to comment. Baba na big poor man. Dat jounalist would never get dat phone except he wants to work 4 baba
slowpoke you're 10th.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 02, 2013
I lyk dat man(naija to d bone), bt i go dey happier if dem jail am.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:31am On Jan 02, 2013
OBJ na Akpors uncle..lol

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Pstsmith(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]BIG FAT LIE

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Ninilowo(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2013
Obj babaaa. I like the man die.
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by ghettodreamz(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2013
Laugh Hour grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by uceee(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Heeya, OBJ just dey turn-turn the poor guy.
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2013
He makes serious issues look unserious. Obj is untouchable in Nigeria truth be told.
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2013
OBJ is very charismatic and funny too, interesting man,like am now oh
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by GARRIx7(m): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2013
eriam: He makes serious issues look unserious. Obj is untouchable in Nigeria truth be told.

Exactly... Instead of Premium times to focus on the abuse of power of Obassanjo's daughter, they're talking about OBJ's joke.....

OBJ truly is related to Akpo as noted by JIDEtheBALLOON
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by bknight: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Many of us indeed like him. But he's just an option to fulfill any righteousness of choosing any from the long list non-performing leaders we've had so far undecided
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by timbros(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2013
Obj should replace the guy's phone joor... Who get him number make i call am see if e go buy my fairly used Samsung R220 blue light for the journalist...

Btw I made 1st page!!!
*Dancing alingo on Muki's head* grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2013
OBJ always used jokes to turn down serious matters when confronted.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by olempe(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2013
This is funny but I feel for the journalist. For God's sake the dude is a journalist and baba is a public figure. Why would she smash his phone... God dey o.
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2013
This baba Iyabo sef
grin
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by Azumy(f): 9:15am On Jan 02, 2013
JideTheBlogger: OBJ na Akpors uncle..lol
lolzzz reminds m of ma lecturer who alwayz uses apkor's jokes as examplez! Obj hmmm 4 u sha!
Re: Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter by mrkels(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2013
And many of you can't see that this is a forged story?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor / FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia / INEC Denying Atiku Access To Electoral Materials - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.