Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? (12198 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by lacasa: 9:55am On Jan 02, 2013
0lumide: The evil men do!

Azazi, Alamko, GEJ and Odili all funded militants for their own gains.

What's the difference between that and Boko Haram?

Some gullible idiots here already saying it's a Northern agenda. The reports have been there before Azazi's death and it was one the reasons for Azazi's retirement.

Live violently and die violently.

Remember the weapons stolen were from Kaduna so I will see it as no coincidence that Azazi and Kaduna's former governor died.

I'm glad our SSS are beginning to use their brains and taking out threats to national unity and not allowing it to reach military which could cause civil war.

Endorsed!.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 10:02am On Jan 02, 2013
This report is nothing but TOTAL hogwash, and I think it's time someone called those conspiracy theorists at SR to order. Why the hell will the late Gen. Azazi, former COAS and CDS, and the very able Col. Are (fmr DG DSS/SSS) be involved in such treasonous activities that not only led to the deaths of a number of law enforcement personnel and innocent civilians, but almost grounded oil production? Those fools forgot that the militants were able to smuggle in a huge chunk of their weaponry, no thanks to our porous southern borders. Apart from a few no of GPMGs , the militants fielded a lot of Russian firearms like the PKM and PKP Pecheneg. Those are not in the military's inventory.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by T9ksy(m): 10:12am On Jan 02, 2013
ocelot2006: This report is nothing but TOTAL hogwash, and I think it's time someone called those conspiracy theorists at SR to order. Why the hell will the late Gen. Azazi, former COAS and CDS, and the very able Col. Are (fmr DG DSS/SSS) be involved in such treasonous activities that not only led to the deaths of a number of law enforcement personnel and innocent civilians, but almost grounded oil production? Those fools forgot that the militants were able to smuggle in a huge chunk of their weaponry, no thanks to our porous southern borders. Apart from a few no of GPMGs , the militants fielded a lot of Russian firearms like the PKM and PKP Pecheneg. Those are not in the military's inventory.

@ bolded................... What a dumb statement!!! Am dumbfounded that a nigerian could pen such an inane question about another

nigerian, especially one, who prior to his death was in the corridor of power.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by DeCleff(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2013
13volts: No wonder they killed him, Yakowa was just a Collateral damage

Only a fool will buy this lies.

Can u give what u don't have?

I can tell u that those militants owns better arms than Nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by DeCleff(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Saw this article and thought I'd share it.. It has actually been posted here before....

Can't waste my precious time reading these nonsense.

The truth is, OBJ & Odili started the whole trouble in Niger Delta when they imported AK47 and armed the youths for their second term campaign.

But they forgot to disarm the youths after the elections.

That was how it all started.

Later the militants leaders had to exchange crude oil with the manufacturers of those guns in order to get more dangerous weapon which even the military lacked.

Island Boys can tell more better

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2013
ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL PUNISH THOSE PEOPLE SPREADING LIES ABOUT OUR GREAT HERO.

NORTHERNERS, IGBOS AND ESPECIALLY THE YORUBAS, BE WARNED!

GOD BLESS IJAWLAND

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by niyivasaz(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Baba God I thank you for bringing me to the front page.

Accept the glory, praise, honour and adoration. May your holy name be praised to time indefinite.

Thanks also to the MODs (Afam4eva-wine & OAM419)

Happy new year y'all

SMH!!
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by kenzspunpy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
"Intelligence" Report from Sahara Reporters? Bunkum!
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Mornah25: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
The evil that men do live after them...Hmmmm..I hv always known that there is more to the crash than it met d eyez..
The General mentioned in a conference of Niger-delta governors in Asaba that PDP knw the problem of Boko Haram and to a large extent the uprising in d niger-delta uprising b4 d amnesty program...Hell was let lose on him frm different quarters as this ultimately lead to his dismisal as CDS to d FG.
I believe frm this report by sahara reporters that since the man has choose nt to eat again frm their pot of corruption,they decided to silence him 4 life because they feel threatened..Just as som1 said earlier,Gov.Yakowa might as well just be a collateral damage!!Conspiracy theory INDEED!!!cry

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by GARRIx7(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
ijaw citizen: ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL PUNISH THOSE PEOPLE SPREADING LIES ABOUT OUR GREAT HERO.

GOD BLESS IJAWLAND

Keep worshipping people who have prevented your region from development because of greed for wealth and power...

I pity you and ur kind...... undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by homerac7: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
ijaw citizen: ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL PUNISH THOSE PEOPLE SPREADING LIES ABOUT OUR GREAT HERO.

GOD BLESS IJAWLAND

c'mmon shurrup and stop that little dog rants here! who r u speaking for? hero ko!...aero ni! angry angry angry angry
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
AZAZI WAS a gallant officer n a traitor a similar intel op by Indicted mr ebele a deputy dem ;in d military dead guyz face court mashall
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by oaroloye(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
The Boko Haram terrorism is going to be used as a "Laser-Marker,"
to point to targets "They" want destroyed. Just like they used Osama bin Laden,
who was killed nine times, and the last time was a definite fake,
because he actually died in 2002, according to STEVE PIECZENIK
on the ALEX JONES SHOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik

That means that dozens of people were murdered, without due process, against all
codes of morality, on the excuse that they were killing someone who was actually
already dead.

I have already said, that we should expect to hear "reliable information" linking the Boko Haram
to people they want to destroy, just like OPERATION AJAX, where the CIA overthrew Prime Minister
Mohammed Mossadegh of Iran in 1953. The same old trick is being repeated here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPAJAX

Why is no one following this up?

They are not even denying it any more, but flaunting it in our faces, laughing at us for being too stupid to figure it out!

http://www.unz.org/Pub/CSpanTV-2006-03505

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bokoharamillumination/join
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Wsdm: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
rajiade: Either dead or alive, this report should be investigated, Azazi could still be prosecuted along with others involved if found guilty.

Our sentiment can never make us grow in Nigeria. Our attitude of leave the Message and attack the Messenger would continue to drag us down as a nation. If investigations as regard atrocities carried out by Abacha and his accomplice could still be carried out after his death till date, then why not this.

If the report holds true, all those still leaving should be heavily punished. And if it is false, those behind the report should be prosecuted for misleading the Nation. This is the only way we can progress, along side fight corruption.

I still doubt Nigeria would ever get better till d last day, instead our problems would only take new dimension with time, because the cause of our problem is an aggregation of our individual inborn bad traits which seem to be heredity. Every Nigerian has a trait of Corruption, Falsehood, Bigotry, Sentiment, Gullibility, Fanaticism, Extremism, Wickedness and Greed.
And by nature, we have grown to learn to manage and endure our problems/condition, that's why we are never ready for a change, especially if it would affect Us, Our relative, Kins Men, Tribes Men, Brother in Religion or Party Member.

And No matter how much we pray, God would only laugh at us as fools, because we are hypocrites of the highest order!
May God increase your foresight. I couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by back2sender: 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank God for Sahara Reporters who has been able to publish informations that you cannot get from the DOCILE print/electronic media that we have in Nigeria.Nigeria Media are government bootlickers,imagine Maku insulting them during the press conference that they are to be blame for not putting the spotlight('naming names') on corruption cases by publishing stories on the judge/agencies handling the case that are stalling such cases. someone will now come in the open and abuse sahara reporter for doing what our media fails to do.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ijawcitizen(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
I MADE A SIMPLE COMMENT AND EASY-TO-CONVINCE LITTLE MINDS ARE CHALLENGING ME.

I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR GARRI X7 AND CO.: DOES THIS RIFLE USED BY MILITANTS LOOK LIKE ANY MILITARY STANDARD ISSUES?[img][/img]

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
T9ksy:

@ bolded................... What a dumb statement!!! Am dumbfounded that a nigerian could pen such an inane question about another

nigerian, especially one, who prior to his death was in the corridor of power.

Son, dont you dare insult me. What did the late Gen. Azazi and Col. Are rtd stand to gain from suppling a bunch of terrorists with firearms? Do you know those criminals were quite wealthy, no thanks to illegal bunkering, and they could afford to smuggle in lots of old Soviet firearms using Eastern Europeans and the Russian mafia via our porous southern border (maze of creeks)?

If you have substantial proof that both officers were involved in such treasonous activities, then please feel free to share with everyone here. But if their only "offence" was that they "were in the corridors of power" and you have absolutely nothing else to contribute, then I suggest you sever that faulty connection between that airhead of yours and your keyboard, and buzz off. Bloody f.o.o.l.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
ijaw citizen: I MADE A SIMPLE COMMENT AND EASY-TO-CONVINCE LITTLE MINDS ARE CHALLENGING ME.

I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR GARRI X7 AND CO.: DOES THIS RIFLE USED BY MILITANTS LOOK LIKE ANY MILITARY STANDARD ISSUES?[img][/img]

Unfortunately, yes. That is the Army's standard issue GPMG (licence-built by DICON). But keep in mind that militants actually laid their hands on a handful of these from ambushed military patrols, especially uring the early days of the insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by GARRIx7(m): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
ijaw citizen: I MADE A SIMPLE COMMENT AND EASY-TO-CONVINCE LITTLE MINDS ARE CHALLENGING ME.

If you think the only weapon in our armoury is the AK-47 you see with our soldiers at roadblocks, then I pity you...
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by PehaKaso: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hausa/Fulani sponsored thread. Soldier on, General Andrew O Azazi, d people's general & hero
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by jpphilips(m): 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
Feed me more: I don't believe this crap.

Why was the story not brought up when Azazi was alive? Why is it now that he is dead that the story is coming out? Can the dead defend itself? No! So, it's just a wast of time.

ironically, you believed Abacha looted the treasury in death, funny you
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by project8(m): 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
Bolan123: Rubbish old report dug out to stop Azazi by the northern born to rule propagandist. Who doesn't know
.c how person de tink abeg.nawao
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Elobaba: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
.................sigh.........

Dem no dey know finish.
Unless there is a public trial, we cant truly know. It could be true or it could be a case of 'not as it seems', or just plain falsehood. We dont have the late General to respond so lets move on, pray for our country and improve her in our various spheres.

Nigeria.......a nation to tear shirt for? Maybe
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Bolan123: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
U09ce:
Mr man, why r u bringing 4wd dis accusation.Since Azazi is already dead,what do u mean by 'the northerners r trying to stop him'
The report was brought out when Azazi was to be appointed as the NSA. They failed then. They now brought it out to see how they can link it to Gej. This time El-Rufai and Co are trying to keep it in the front burner.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Activityj(m): 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Danger dey!
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
ocelot2006:

Unfortunately, yes. That is the Army's standard issue GPMG (licence-built by DICON). But keep in mind that militants actually laid their hands on a handful of these from ambushed military patrols, especially uring the early days of the insurgency.

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT NIGeR DELTA MILITANTS AMBUSHED SOLDIERS TO DISPOSSESSED THEM OF THEIR WEAPONS.

WITH NIGER DELTA HAVING THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF MILITARY ROAD BLOCKS THEN (NOT POLICE ROAD BLOCK), I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY WITH THAT TYPE OF WEAPON. SO PLS SHOW US UR SOURCE.

SHAME ON SAHARA REPORTERS, INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS TO BE EXPOSING THOSE TOP NORTHERN/YORUBA MILITARY MEN THAT ARE SELLING NIGERIAN ARMS TO TROUBLED WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES SINCE THE 90'S TIL THIS VERY MOMENT, THEY ARE BUSY SPREADING UNFOUNDED RUMOURS.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by T9ksy(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
ocelot2006:

Son, dont you dare insult me. What did the late Gen. Azazi and Col. Are rtd stand to gain from suppling a bunch of terrorists with firearms? Do you know those criminals were quite wealthy, no thanks to illegal bunkering, and they could afford to smuggle in lots of old Soviet firearms using Eastern Europeans and the Russian mafia via our porous southern border (maze of creeks)?

If you have substantial proof that both officers were involved in such treasonous activities, then please feel free to share with everyone here. But if their only "offence" was that they "were in the corridors of power" and you have absolutely nothing else to contribute, then I suggest you sever that faulty connection between that airhead of yours and your keyboard, and buzz off. Bloody f.o.o.l.

Abegi, comot road jo! Na who u dey address as "son"?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, i have no idea how rich those niger delta hooligans were but the late Gen. Azazi wasn't sqeaky clean hence Yara dua retired him

only for JonaDumb to recall him as his national security adviser on account of him being his kinsman.

Did you read the report at all or you had problem comprehending it, if so which part are you grappling with. The offence was not because they were in

the "corridors of power" rather they were found complicit in the sale of nigeria Army weapons to hooligans from the creeks.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by talktimi(m): 4:54am On Jan 03, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]Crappy story full of what ifs and paloma drama. I laughed when I first read it but when I found out it was this same sahara reporters I just hissed and said oshi. These so called militants number one do not need weapons from the Nigerian army to survive especially in that cumbersome and risky manner of driving them all the way from jaji to ph for example when our water ways are more porous than a basket. Weapons are brought in by foreign oil theives as part payment for crude oil to be made along with foreign currency. Even the aspect of northern military sympathisers arming boko haram with weapons is ridiculous, as much as we like to castigate our military we should endeavour to accord them some respect. It is virtually impossible to steal weapons from our military bases with or without high ranking help, don't let sahara reporters turn you guys into educated olodos. BH weapons are mostly those used in the Libyan uprising that came into our country again from our porous border posts in the north/ soldiers killed/ police stations attacked etc not soldiers supplying them with arms. F*ackin Hell
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 6:12am On Jan 03, 2013
T9ksy:

Abegi, comot road jo! Na who u dey address as "son"?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, i have no idea how rich those niger delta hooligans were but the late Gen. Azazi wasn't sqeaky clean hence Yara dua retired him

only for JonaDumb to recall him as his national security adviser on account of him being his kinsman.

Did you read the report at all or you had problem comprehending it, if so which part are you grappling with. The offence was not because they were in

the "corridors of power" rather they were found complicit in the sale of nigeria Army weapons to hooligans from the creeks.

Now I know you're a TOTAL dimwit. Do you know that the late Gen. had already served out his years in the service and was due to retire? Do you also know that the post of COAS and CDS, along with CNS, CAS, IGPOL, DG SSS, DG NIA, are all political posts (I.e. Only the president makes such appointment, not MoD/DHq or Police Service Commission)? If the late president Yaradua chose to change his service chiefs, it was absolutely no big deal at all. So quite spewing rubbbish on this thread. slowpoke.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by dayokanu(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2013
Interesting
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ganye1: 6:37am On Jan 03, 2013
Feed me more: I don't believe this crap.

Why was the story not brought up when Azazi was alive? Why is it now that he is dead that the story is coming out? Can the dead defend itself? No! So, it's just a wast of time.

The story was puplished when Azazi was NSA. In the story he was refered to as current NSA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Chris Ngige & JOHESU Meet Over Ongoing Strike(photos) / VANGUARD: Danjuma’s Comments Confirm Genocide Against Igbo – Achuzia / The Biafran Intention Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.