Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? (12197 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Btw asshat, I'm fully aware of so-called accusation against Azazi and co. The quoted phrase was in response tothe dumb comment made in your first post. Now buzz off.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ganye1: 6:41am On Jan 03, 2013
flow1759: But Azazi is dead na, if only d dead can speak. But those names mentioned should b interogated if guilty they should send dem behind bars (how possible is dat 4 dis naija) FULLSTOP
Interrogate who? You mean the president? You must be very high to insinuate such a thing.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ganye1: 6:45am On Jan 03, 2013
rajiade: Either dead or alive, this report should be investigated, Azazi could still be prosecuted along with others involved if found guilty.

Our sentiment can never make us grow in Nigeria. Our attitude of leave the Message and attack the Messenger would continue to drag us down as a nation. If investigations as regard atrocities carried out by Abacha and his accomplice could still be carried out after his death till date, then why not this.

If the report holds true, all those still leaving should be heavily punished. And if it is false, those behind the report should be prosecuted for misleading the Nation. This is the only way we can progress, along side fight corruption.

I still doubt Nigeria would ever get better till d last day, instead our problems would only take new dimension with time, because the cause of our problem is an aggregation of our individual inborn bad traits which seem to be heredity. Every Nigerian has a trait of Corruption, Falsehood, Bigotry, Sentiment, Gullibility, Fanaticism, Extremism, Wickedness and Greed.
And by nature, we have grown to learn to manage and endure our problems/condition, that's why we are never ready for a change, especially if it would affect Us, Our relative, Kins Men, Tribes Men, Brother in Religion or Party Member.

And No matter how much we pray, God would only laugh at us as fools, because we are hypocrites of the highest order!
My brother, the report is true but surely nobody is going to be punished because the program started with Alams and continued with Jonathan wheh he took over from Alams.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 6:58am On Jan 03, 2013
ijaw citizen:

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT NIGeR DELTA MILITANTS AMBUSHED SOLDIERS TO DISPOSSESSED THEM OF THEIR WEAPONS.

WITH NIGER DELTA HAVING THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF MILITARY ROAD BLOCKS THEN (NOT POLICE ROAD BLOCK), I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY WITH THAT TYPE OF WEAPON. SO PLS SHOW US UR SOURCE.

SHAME ON SAHARA REPORTERS, INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS TO BE EXPOSING THOSE TOP NORTHERN/YORUBA MILITARY MEN THAT ARE SELLING NIGERIAN ARMS TO TROUBLED WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES SINCE THE 90'S TIL THIS VERY MOMENT, THEY ARE BUSY SPREADING UNFOUNDED RUMOURS.

Bros, we're not quarreling,and I'm on your side. But let's be honest here. The GPMG is the Nigerian military's standard issue squad support weapon, and the militants were able to able to lay their hands on a couple of them, along with the MG-48, army FN-fals, and even police K-2 rifles (eg the very same brandished by Asari Dokubo) and Type 56-2 assault rifles.

Please keep in mind that although there were military engagement on land, most military ops were actually in the Niger-delta creeks with gunboats and helicopters, and there were lots of militant attacks against the military and police during the first few months/years before the military fully adapted to combat in the creeks.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by TGlobe: 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
j
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by T9ksy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

Now I know you're a TOTAL dimwit. Do you know that the late Gen. had already served out his years in the service and was due to retire? Do you also know that the post of COAS and CDS, along with CNS, CAS, IGPOL, DG SSS, DG NIA, are all political posts (I.e. Only the president makes such appointment, not MoD/DHq or Police Service Commission)? If the late president Yaradua chose to change his service chiefs, it was absolutely no big deal at all. So quite spewing rubbbish on this thread. slowpoke.

Ol' boy, call me whatever takes your fancy, it doesn't faze me one bit but sadly this shows you to be a latent bully.

Whether Azazi was nearing the end of his service years or not is not the point here but that yara dua relieved him of his post or should i say brought the date of his retirement forward because he was implicated in the sale of arms from the ordinance depots in Kaduna and Jaji to militants. At the time of the thefts, Azazi was General Officer Commanding the 1st Division in Kaduna and he deliberately handled the whole investigation, shoddily. So instead of calling others slowpoke for voicing their opinion about your "mentor", why don't you address the 35-page report which recommended that Azazi and his accomplice Adekhegba be sanctioned.

1 Like

Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by Truckpusher(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
Eyes on the prIce buddy grin grin grin grin, It's not abt braggIng and cursIng on NL...you guys are In for a bIg surprIse when the tIme comes for the oppressed people to be lIberated...trust me you'll never see It comIng.
miiraaj:
Many actions and statements of GEJ and his SS people point to this fact.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
T9ksy:

Ol' boy, call me whatever takes your fancy, it doesn't faze me one bit but sadly this shows you to be a latent bully.

Whether Azazi was nearing the end of his service years or not is not the point here but that yara dua relieved him of his post or should i say brought the date of his retirement forward because he was implicated in the sale of arms from the ordinance depots in Kaduna and Jaji to militants. At the time of the thefts, Azazi was General Officer Commanding the 1st Division in Kaduna and he deliberately handled the whole investigation, shoddily. So instead of calling others slowpoke for voicing their opinion about your "mentor", why don't you address the 35-page report which recommended that Azazi and his accomplice Adekhegba be sanctioned.

Heehee you just got a lil dose of your medicine, and all of a sudden i'm a bully? Maybe next time you'll learn not to insult other.

Btw, what proof do u have to support your claim about Gen. Azazi's investigation? Were u even present during the investigation and the subsequent court-martial that followed? Even your claim about Yaradua firing Azazi makes absolutely no sense at all. If the late general commited the crime as 1st Div's GOC, then why fire him years after he had already served as COAS, CDS, and due for retirement?

Anyway, I'm in full support if the FG decides to look into the accusations against both officers, 'cos I'm pretty sure the results will vindicate them and put SR and accusers like u to shame.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by talktimi(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its funny all these people who don't know anything about the niger delta all of a sudden turning to experts on the issues concerning the region. Dem full this nairaland but I just dey laugh dem. Do they know the origins of icelanders and greenlanders ? You people should continue yarning dust here. No be small weapons from jaji
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by T9ksy(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
ocelot2006:

Heehee you just got a lil dose of your medicine, and all of a sudden i'm a bully? Maybe next time you'll learn not to insult other.

Btw, what proof do u have to support your claim about Gen. Azazi's investigation? Were u even present during the investigation and the subsequent court-martial that followed? Even your claim about Yaradua firing Azazi makes absolutely no sense at all. If the late general commited the crime as 1st Div's GOC, then why fire him years after he had already served as COAS, CDS, and due for retirement?

Anyway, I'm in full support if the FG decides to look into the accusations against both officers, 'cos I'm pretty sure the results will vindicate them and put SR and accusers like u to shame.

And how did I insult your good(?) person? All I wrote was that your initial statement was dumb and I still stand by it if you are unapologetic about this:

“Why the hell will the late Gen. Azazi, former COAS and CDS, and the very able Col. Are (fmr DG DSS/SSS) be involved in such treasonous activities that not only led to the deaths of a number of law enforcement personnel and innocent civilians, but almost grounded oil production?”

For financial remuneration I would say and I would have thought that will be obvious to you or why else will our leaders treat us with so much disdain and thoughtlessness if not to enrich their pockets.

And what makes you think the man is not guilty apart from him being a former COAS and CDS as if if that’s supposed to mean anything in the Nigerian context where everyone who ever finds him or herself in the corridor of power takes it as their own opportunity to partake in the looting of the national cake.

Jonadumb is as corrupt as his predecessors and just like the ones before him including ObjOke, has surrounded himself with like-minds.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ijawcitizen(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

Bros, we're not quarreling,and I'm on your side. But let's be honest here. The GPMG is the Nigerian military's standard issue squad support weapon, and the militants were able to able to lay their hands on a couple of them, along with the MG-48, army FN-fals, and even police K-2 rifles (eg the very same brandished by Asari Dokubo) and Type 56-2 assault rifles.

Please keep in mind that although there were military engagement on land, most military ops were actually in the Niger-delta creeks with gunboats and helicopters, and there were lots of militant attacks against the military and police during the first few months/years before the military fully adapted to combat in the creeks.

SMALL PIKIN TALK!
SO MILITANTS GO NEED GUNS FROM ARMY ARMOURY FOR THEIR OPERATIONS? THIS MUST BE THE FUNNIEST FIRST JOKE OF 2013!
WHAT ABOUT THE GUN RUNNING CHARGE ON HENRY OKAH, LEADER OF M.E.N.D?
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ocelot2006(m): 9:35am On Jan 05, 2013
ijaw citizen:

SMALL PIKIN TALK!
SO MILITANTS GO NEED GUNS FROM ARMY ARMOURY FOR THEIR OPERATIONS? THIS MUST BE THE FUNNIEST FIRST JOKE OF 2013!
WHAT ABOUT THE GUN RUNNING CHARGE ON HENRY OKAH, LEADER OF M.E.N.D?

Bros, READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS. Didn't I say that those militants were seriously involved in smuggling in old Soviet surplus firearms, including weapons like the PKM and PKP pecheneg? Of course they did. But that said, those militants were also able to lay their hands on a number of govt issue weapons. That's the sad truth.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by talktimi(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

Bros, READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS. Didn't I say that those militants were seriously involved in smuggling in old Soviet surplus firearms, including weapons like the PKM and PKP pecheneg? Of course they did. But that said, those militants were also able to lay their hands on a number of govt issue weapons. That's the sad truth.
you're right on all points but the aspect whr they said militants got their weapons from jaji is very laughable, I don't know what people take the Nigerian army for in this country, no matter your high ranking in the army it is easier to import arms through the sea ports than from any military formation. Any army weapon you saw with these militants were most likely gotten from attacks on gunboats and other military patrols. Pls let's not downgrade our soldier abeg.
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
ijaw citizen: ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL PUNISH THOSE PEOPLE SPREADING LIES ABOUT OUR GREAT HERO.

NORTHERNERS, IGBOS AND ESPECIALLY THE YORUBAS, BE WARNED!

GOD BLESS IJAWLAND

^^^Haba! What have Igbos done now ?

We're busy minding our own business, and your paranoid self thinks Igbos are out to get you?; please leave us out of your issues and find the source of your wahala some place else.

Cheers
Re: Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? by ijawcitizen(m): 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

Of what need will the few arms they could get fron the army be when they could effortlessly import thousands.

This is simple logic, at least we all have brains.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Antithetical To National-Building – Dogara / VANGUARD: Danjuma’s Comments Confirm Genocide Against Igbo – Achuzia / The Biafran Intention Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.