Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? (6044 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) / What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
Go for special education and start a non government organization for the blind education.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by dino2006(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Musician if he has d talent.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by tellwisdom: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Can he dance etighi?? sad
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by topsy1971: 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
If he's multilingual, interpreting is lucrative and will be good for him. If not let him try to acquire knowledge of one or more international languages. you will be amazed at what he will be earning through interpreting.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by sundaybam(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pastor is good for him. No way for fornication and adultry.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Enenu1(f): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
Armpit sniffing
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Donmichaelz(m): 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
Presidency
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Philolos: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
@OP, if the blind person in question is qualified and creative, he can find inspiration in this recent article/documentary:

Blind Architect Finds Inspiration in Loss - Chris Downey, an Architect with 20 years experience became blind at age 45. Now being able to understand the blinds' needs in new building designs, leverages his blindness and skills to help in designing new buildings to cater to all but mostly the blind:

http://www.californiareport.org/archive/R201212281630/a
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by donem: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
aribisala0: Dangote is employing Truck drivers??

Visually impaired truck driver? Nah wah 2 u 0....
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by donem: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
tellwisdom: Can he dance etighi?? sad
O.M.G! I now see stupidity have got no limits. Smh
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
yomieluv2: Begging alms at bus park.
dis is soo mean
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Jaggiey: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Wallie: Is the person formally educated and/or has a marketable skill? How blind is the person? Some people are considered legally blind but could still see things in front of them, albeit, faintly.

The job possibilities are endless but it depends on the skills the person has to offer. For example, he could be a lawyer, teacher, analyst, business owner, customer service etc. The former Governor of New York, David Paterson, is blind.

The quote above is by far the most sensible comment I have read on this platform relating to this thread. I may want to add that he may also act as a radio presenter(I know of a blind yoruba radio presenter) or advertising practitioner if he has the voice and the flair; he may also be a book writer( a vast array or class of books from prose to poem, depending on his interest), he may also become a motivational speaker or a playwright. For the job requiring writing, he may need to learn braille, typing and the use of audio/recording aid to store his works of literature. There may be endless options and I hope other informed and value-adding minds may give their contribution(s).

I must quickly re-state that we all must not write or express our views on this platform. For those who lack the decorum, the sense of empathy and milk of human kindness, it may be suggested that rather than writing to deride the disadvantaged or the defects of others, they should learn the wisdom in being quiet. It is a virtue that can be learnt. Please do so in God's name!

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by salmonkay: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
yomieluv2: Begging alms at bus park.
God will make you go BLIND and i you will go to bus stop to beg for alms or better
Still go kano street YoU this idiot.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by salmonkay: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
aribisala0: Dangote is employing Truck drivers??
Small tim now you will go blind and dangote will employ you as driver idiot
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by wonlasewonimi: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
He could be a telephone sales advisor.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by mkoabiola: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
kbdrim: He can go into therapeutic massage. I 've seen a couple of Blind massage therapist in places like Malaysia and they are the best massage therapist I ve ever had cos of their good sense of touch. Dont know how that can work in Nigeria but in the western world they make a lot of money from people with Back Pain and sportsmen who need women who need deep tissue massages for muscle regeneration. I know a sports therapist as takes as much as 300 pounds for massage per hour. The touch sense in a blind person is highly developed.
Do u av any biz idea bat massaging in nja.
Can u shed mor light if 1 is to establish it nja.
Am not blind oooo.I can see clearly .
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by harlos: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
salmonkay:
Small tim now you will go blind and dangote will employ you as driver idiot
guy u dey vex o
Wetin dem carry, wetin u dey throw
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by creativemusic: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by sparko1(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Omo Alata: Food taster. Don't know how lucrative it is in Africa but the food tasters over here have to be blindfolded so as not to be biased by the look of the food. He'll excel in that field.

seriously? i guess i should apply asap, my sence of taste is A+.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Dranatomy: 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
The best job for him is the one he likes best
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Medical doctor
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by okuya: 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
kbdrim: He can go into therapeutic massage. I 've seen a couple of Blind massage therapist in places like Malaysia and they are the best massage therapist I ve ever had cos of their good sense of touch. Dont know how that can work in Nigeria but in the western world they make a lot of money from people with Back Pain and sportsmen who need women who need deep tissue massages for muscle regeneration. I know a sports therapist as takes as much as 300 pounds for massage per hour. The touch sense in a blind person is highly developed.

Ur rite, in China they'r encouraging the blind to take up body massage,in several countries they r sought after
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by alstacs(m): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pdizzle: His other sense organs are goin to be very sharp, he can learn musical instruments. He's goin to do well in that field.
...and if a blind man is tone deaf?
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by fghanni(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls let him visit Federal National Society for the blind. In Nigieria. Pls google it.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 04, 2013
Whatever job he uses. Dont let the disability affect his dreams. Im sure he knows what he is good at. Use it to his advantage.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by mAdBulleT(m): 9:43am On Jan 04, 2013
It is good to be hardworking,...
Assistant well digger, I guess.
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Asemo11(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
Slyr0x: Beat Producer
I go tell cobams
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Petraman(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
He must not do any job dat involves d use of any mechanical equipment, or d job dat deals with people coming to u to employ ur service, e.g making calls, selling provision, selling of food, repairing works, etc. I think d best job for him is singing
Re: What Is A Good Job For A Blind Person? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tedyk: Begging alms at bus park.Oloshi ni e

stupid u

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Banks Pay Their Employees ! / Chevron Aptitude Test Invite / April Fools Prank Gone Wrong, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.