Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Java Programs - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Programs (1612 Views)

Java online compiler for swing programs / C/C++ Doctor: Get Help In Writing C/C++ Programs / Step-by-step Method Of Writing Contiki Programs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Programs by Melinde: 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
please my good people, who is good in java program? i need good java programmers to help me with these questions. Am just learning java newly. than
1. More student marks
• Design, write and test a program to input student marks in a test. Output 'Pass' if the mark is 40 or above, otherwise output 'Fail'. Input a mark of -1 to finish the program.
• Modify the design and the code of the above program to output the number of students who took the test, the number of passes, the number of fails, and the overall average mark.
• What happens in the above program if there are no students? Make sure your program can cope with zero or more students

2. Module marks
• Design, write and test a program to process student module marks. The input data for each student consists of their name, followed by a group of 6 marks for each student (e.g. 56, 45, 75, 32, 68, 39). For each student, calculate the average mark and print a result depending on this average - 'Pass' if at least 40, otherwise 'Fail'. The program finishes when the user types “End” when prompted for the student’s name. Your program should process any number of students

3. More pay
• Design, build and test a program to input the number of workers followed by their name, hours worked, hourly rate of pay, overtime rate of pay, status (married or single) for each. The main program must use separate methods and appropriate parameters. Suggested methods include:
o Calculate the gross pay (overtime rate is paid for any number of hours above 40);
o Calculate the amount of tax paid (25% if Married and 30% if Single);
o Display all the details as a payslip on the computer screen. Hint: you can pass String parameters too!

4. Ice skaters
• Design and build a program to enable a user to input an array of six integers, which represent the scores allocated by judges in an ice skating competition. Once all scores have been entered into the array, use it to calculate and output the average score.
• Modify your program to omit the lowest and highest score allocated, taking the middle four marks as the basis on which to calculate the average
Re: Java Programs by Javanian: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
You won't learn if someone does this for you, just attempt it, if you have any problem paste it here an we will help...
Re: Java Programs by Melinde: 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
I am learning but still need help
Re: Java Programs by Javanian: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Just try, even if it doesn't work, we will correct you...
Re: Java Programs by madelinekim(m): 6:02am On Jan 04, 2013
I am new in java and i just start to learn Java programming so i have not any good idea about your questions. I think you have to meet a person who have a good knowledge and experience of Java programming. He will help you to solve your questions.
Re: Java Programs by danvery2k6(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2013
Just try to do something and then show us what you tried. Am a newbie but I think I can gelp out if you try something. You can do this
Re: Java Programs by Nov1ce(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
We'll probably be more comfortable if you show us a piece of code you have written which does not work, then we can help out!
Have you tried doing the basic stuff like 'Hello World' and Scanner class
Re: Java Programs by Melinde: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
yea i have done those ones. i have tried solving them, will upload when am done.

(1) (Reply)

Converting .php To .exe / How Can I Create A Listed Link Using Foreachloop In Php? / Python Final Year Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.