Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby (1335 Views)

Nigeria Sixth Worst Country To Grow Old, Says UN Report / New Islamic Sect In Nigeria Named Kala Kato / Nigeria Is The Worst Country To Be Born Now (washington Post) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by bibiazim1: 1:32am On Jan 04, 2013
A report on CNN has recently rated Nigeria as the worst place to give birth to a child! The report's premise was drawn on a few factors including the economy and Health infrastructure, do you think Nigeria deserves this?

[url][/url]http://twitter.com/ionlyretwitcrap
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by cockyjay: 1:41am On Jan 04, 2013
No we don't. I wonder how these vultures arrive at their conclusions. How about all those war torn countries? Would anyone rather have a baby in somalia? Or sudan? Or Niger?
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by zerocool(m): 1:54am On Jan 04, 2013
Nigeria was actually named the "Worst Country To Be Born in Year 2013". A commendable feat. Trust me, a Nigerian baby will never grasp the finger of a doctor, instance of the news that just made Nairaland front-page.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by MegaMan2020: 2:06am On Jan 04, 2013
are you from Nigeria or do you live in the diaspora? Nigeria is worst than Somaolia (even though it's the 2nd biggest economy in Africa?). I'd have a baby in Nigeria before i have a baby in most other African countries. CNN Who watches that in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by braine(m): 2:08am On Jan 04, 2013
So what happens to babies born in Nigeria? People who aren't even in Nigeria cannot just make that conclusion. I don't think Nigeria is that bad.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by tobechi74: 2:10am On Jan 04, 2013
At least nigeria don carry first
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by zerocool(m): 2:22am On Jan 04, 2013
braine: People who aren't even in Nigeria cannot just make that conclusion. I don't think Nigeria is that bad.

Mind you, people who aren't in Nigeria and make these conclusions, once lived in Nigeria and visit Nigeria regularly. "You think" Nigeria is not that bad? With all the vast resources and wealth? why not travel to other countries and see for yourself before you make such self proclamation that it is not bad.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by MegaMan2020: 2:44am On Jan 04, 2013
I don't actually see how that's possible. Nigeria...Yorubaland is relatively peaceful compared to most African countries. Is it safer to have a baby in Zimbabwe or Somalia or Ethiopia or even Congo? CNN is an American thing. That's why I always get the feeling someone from the diaspora made this article because very few people in Nigeria watch CNN. Lets be real. nigerai is far the worst place to raise a child.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by bibiazim1: 2:53am On Jan 04, 2013
Megaman, i live in nigeria and i cant say its not true
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by braine(m): 3:06am On Jan 04, 2013
zerocool:

Mind you, people who aren't in Nigeria and make these conclusions, once lived in Nigeria and visit Nigeria regularly. "You think" Nigeria is not that bad? With all the vast resources and wealth? why not travel to other countries and see for yourself before you make such self proclamation that it is not bad.

I didn't say Nigeria is a good breeding ground, but declaring her has the worst is not okay. 9ja is better than some countries at the moment, you know.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by zerocool(m): 3:24am On Jan 04, 2013
braine:

I didn't say Nigeria is a good breeding ground, but declaring her has the worst is not okay. 9ja is better than some countries at the moment, you know.

They made the comparison with some select group of countries, and not all the countries in the world. Atleast we continue to prove to the rest of the world that we are the Giant of Africa, therefore calling the attention of researchers around the world, and thereby our inclusion in their various rankings and surveys.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by MegaMan2020: 3:34am On Jan 04, 2013
braine:

nigeria is better than most countries in Africa. That's why i laugh at all of these so called polls . Would a person that actually lives in Africa choose to have a baby in Congo or Somalia over Nigeria? The Internet is sull of fakers and loudmouths. Don't be fooled.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by malele(m): 4:39am On Jan 04, 2013
But who does not know that baby mortality rate in nigeria is high compare to other countries
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by SisiKill1: 4:43am On Jan 04, 2013
cockyjay: No we don't. I wonder how these vultures arrive at their conclusions. How about all those war torn countries? Would anyone rather have a baby in somalia? Or sudan? Or Niger?

Rotflmao! What you just wrote is even worser than the report. cheesy cheesy

At least those countries have the excuse of being worn torn.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by 2Legit2Qui: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2013
So we should begin to kill our babies? Stupid nin com poops.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by 2Legit2Qui: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2013
bibiazim1: Megaman, i live in nigeria and i cant say its not true

how is it true. Tell us.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by don33310(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Not only for babies,nigeria is the worst place to stay,no place is safe.
Re: Nigeria Named Worst Country To Have A Baby by bibiazim1: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Imagine what this baby we'll be born into: monumental corruption, insecurity, crippling poverty(statistically most likely) to name but a few. But what makes it special i think is the total hopelesness of the Nigerian case.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawmakers Are Highest Paid In The World! / Nigeria’s Super Rich: How They Make, Spend Their Money / BREAKING News.....boko Haram Leader Shekau Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.