Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing (553 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing by sammmiey1: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls nairalanders I need an advice on tithing as I dnt knw wot to do!is it mandatory to pay tithe as an individual stil dwelling under parents roof and yet to get a job?A circumstance where d parents are still the bread winners source of income,can an individual stil pay tithe out of d chicken feeds he gets 4rm dem?wot are the implications on denial,what are the pros&cons?
Re: Tithing by Onyegecha(f): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
samm_miey: Pls nairalanders I need an advice on tithing as I dnt knw wot to do!is it mandatory to pay tithe as an individual stil dwelling under parents roof and yet to get a job?A circumstance where d parents are still the bread winners source of income,can an individual stil pay tithe out of d chicken feeds he gets 4rm dem?wot are the implications on denial,what are the pros&cons?

My dear friend, you are not indebted to
Re: Tithing by Onyegecha(f): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=Onyegecha]

My dear friend, you are not indebted to God; can never be. He does not require any tithe from you. All you need to do is to free your mind from this shackle of the mind which religious folks have effectively used to enslave millions over the years. Serve God with your substance, but it must be from your heart, not in obedience to any compelling law. Do good, serve humanity and give as much as you can to fellow men, and God is pleased with you. Even the Bible says so in so many places. cheers
Re: Tithing by sammmiey1: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Onyegecha:

My dear friend, you are not indebted to
I guessed as much,thank u.
Re: Tithing by Livingwaters: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
samm_miey: Pls nairalanders I need an advice on tithing as I dnt knw wot to do!is it mandatory to pay tithe as an individual stil dwelling under parents roof and yet to get a job?A circumstance where d parents are still the bread winners source of income,can an individual stil pay tithe out of d chicken feeds he gets 4rm dem?wot are the implications on denial,what are the pros&cons?
my brother tithe is not for christians but was part of the law given to the old covenant ppl (jews) so it is not a question of whether you are still living with ur parents or not, the truth is you should not pay tithe all, in our church Living Waters in Calabar we dont collect tithe becos we have not seen anyplace in the bible where Jesus or any of the disciple recieve, pay or even say anytiing about tithe. The death of Jesus Christ abolished tithe. Other churches like Church of Christ, The Jehovah Witness etc share in this truthe and do not put this yoke on thier members
Re: Tithing by sammmiey1: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
Livingwaters: my brother tithe is not for christians but was part of the law given to the old covenant ppl (jews) so it is not a question of whether you are still living with ur parents or not, the truth is you should not pay tithe all, in our church Living Waters in Calabar we dont collect tithe becos we have not seen anyplace in the bible where Jesus or any of the disciple recieve, pay or even say anytiing about tithe. The death of Jesus Christ abolished tithe.
. Conversely,in the book of Matthew 23:23 – Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for
not obeying the weightier matters of the law along
with tithing.
Re: Tithing by Livingwaters: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
samm_miey: . Conversely,in the book of Matthew 23:23 – Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for
not obeying the weightier matters of the law along
with tithing.
You said it urself 'weightier matter of the LAW, that is to say even in the dispensation of the LAW there were other things that were more IMPORTANT (weightier) than tithe. And Christ made this statement b4 His death., if you know what i mean.
Re: Tithing by go4value(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
just passing...
Re: Tithing by Goshen360(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tithing ended in the NT - Hebrews chapter 7 put an end and cancellation to tithing.

(1) (Reply)

2013 PROPHEY / When Prayer Is Necessary / Pastor Dragged To Court By Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.