Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,040 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (19130 Views)

Poll: Is it ok to stop tithing temporarily to pay off your debtors?

Yes: 34% (37 votes)
No: 65% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / My Thoughts On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by abasifo(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2008
If you have a lot of debt, can you temporarily stop tithing while paying off the debt?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 12:27am On Jun 12, 2008
No. that would be actually counter-productive. . . steal from God so you can pay man?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2008
In the frist instance tithing is not required of you by God as a christian. This topic as been exhaustively discussed in a similar thread i suggest you read it. It is titled "the truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes" Check it out via the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by hdkenny2: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2008
[b]You stand to enjoy the blessings attached to the payments of your tithe. It is one thing to pay it and it is another thing to pay it consistenetly.
So, it is for your own good when you pay your tithe consistently. Many times, because we don't see God we don't atttach so much importance to His commandments. If you were asked to pay for,  let's say for a dieing patient that is already in the hospital who is your blood- God forbid!, and you are still owing, would you not pay for the hospital service to ensure that the person survives?
There are testimonies that have been recorded from payments of tithes. One of such is the write-off of the debts owed by a friend's father in my church. Another is that when you pay it, God will give you a wisdom on how to pay your debts. Besides, because you are doing the will of God, God will make the person you are owing to be at peace with you. You'll be surprised that he won't even disturb you.
On the contrary, you may not enjoy these if God knows that you have the capacity to pay the debts. So put God to test according to His word in that malachi 3 and you will see the outcome.

So pay your tithe consistently.[/b]
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by abasifo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2008
It is permissible to stop tithing while paying off debt. Paying debts is a duty; tithing is "optional." Please do not misunderstand, giving to the Lord's work is very important. Sacrificial financial giving is part of God's calling on every Christian. If it is truly impossible to pay off the debt and continue tithing at the same time, it would not be wrong to decrease giving, or stop giving entirely, temporarily, in order to pay off the debts that are owed.

Our one unalterable duty toward other people is that we love them, dealing with them as we want them to deal with us (Matthew 7:12). All of us want people to pay the debts they owe us. Therefore, as Christians, we should “Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET,’ and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law” (Romans 13:8-10).

The tithing law of the old covenant was God’s provision for meeting the material needs of the priests from the tribe of Levi. They needed support in order to minister in the temple and meet the needs of the poor (Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 26:12-15).

Therefore, when the Israelites failed to give the tithe, God warned, "Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, 'How have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:cool.

The writer of Hebrews revealed that the tithe was a tenth of a man’s income: “And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest's office have commandment in the Law to collect a tenth from the people. . . .” (Hebrews 7:5). The Levitical priesthood continued to serve in the temple throughout the earthly lifetime of Jesus.

But after the death, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus, the structure of leadership changed: "The priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law" (Hebrews 7:12). Christ is now our High Priest. Christians are now God's temple and His royal priesthood (Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Peter 2:9-10).

Our High Priest ministers the new covenant to us (God's law written on our hearts) by giving us the Holy Spirit (Hebrews 12:24; 10:16). This law operates powerfully, causing us to love others with Spirit-produced love (Galatians 5:22-23). That is why John writes, "Whoever has this world's good and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his heart from him, how dwells the love of God in him?" (1 John 3:17-18).

Because God’s love compels a true Christian to give, none of the New Testament epistles command or recommend that Christians pay a tithe. Rather than being a requirement, giving results from a Christian’s love.

Christians may, if they choose, give a tenth of their income to the church, meeting spiritual and material needs in their needy world. Some will choose to give less than a tenth; some will choose to give much more than a tenth. Paul recommends giving to the church on Sunday: “On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper” (1 Corinthians 16:2a).

Christians shouldn’t hoard but give as much as God directs. It is God’s money. His rewards outweigh the cost. “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed” (2 Corinthians 9:6-cool.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kolaoloye(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2008
Don't rob Peter to pay Paul. Give unto Ceaser that which is Ceasar's and give to God that which belongs to God.
In your faithfulness, God can surprise you and make you debt free.His ways and thoughts are higher than our own.
Do not rely on your own effort, pay your tithe as at when due and challenge God.He will never fail you. smiley
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
@abasifo
You have answered the question you posted at the beginning of this thread beautifully, don't let those hypocrites deceive you. Tithing is not required of a christian under the new convenant apart from the fact that it's meaning has been corrupted by it's promoters. What is required of us as christians is free will offerings not giving under compulsion as tithing is preached.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by SENATORJD(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jagoon:

Tithing is not required of a christian under the new convenant apart from the fact that it's meaning has been corrupted by it's promoters. What is required of us as christians is free will offerings not giving under compulsion as tithing is preached.
scripture to back this up?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Backslider(m): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2008
Tithing is good.

but your giving to God is not a law on its own.

We should give because we love with all our hearts.

IF YOU ARE GIVING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2008
SENATOR JD:

scripture to back this up?
@SENATOR JD
This issue of tithes as been thouroughly discussed on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html please check it out it explains very well the deception about tithes. But more specifically Hebrews 7: 10-15 it says in clear terms that the law of tithes must change becos the priesthood of our Lord Jesus christ does not require it and that Jesus christ is not from the tribe of levites that collect tithes. please check it out.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by detruth: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Poster
Paying your tithe is never optional as long as you believe that your blessings is from God. Nevertheless, you need to understand that your tithes are from your increases. i.e your gains and not your losses. (Deut. 14:22). You are never expected to borrow to pay your tithe or pay from your losses. But if your debt is not incurred from your business or your source of income, but came through other areas, then you must still pay the tithe from the gains of your income, the magnitude of your debt not withstanding. This is the only way God can open miraculous doors of blessings for you in order to offset the pending debt.
More importantly, note that even if you are a good tither and you fail in the wisdom of good management of resources, you may still find yourself entangled in various debts again and again. There are always a corresponding character attached to every spiritual ordinance in order to make it effective. Good management, contentment, avoid being wasteful, avoid impulse spending etc. Such are the abilities I pray for you today that will give you the wisdom of Joseph whom abounds even in the time of famine. Tithings will open the doors of blessings (Mal. 3:10) but wisdom will make you enter into the blessing. It is one thing for the door to be opened, it is another thing for it to be entered.

KunleOshob:

This issue of tithes as been thouroughly discussed on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html please check it out it explains very well the deception about tithes. But more specifically Hebrews 7: 10-15 it says in clear terms that the law of tithes must change because the priesthood of our Lord Jesus christ does not require it and that Jesus christ is not from the tribe of levites that collect tithes. please check it out.

What is it that was thoroughly discussed? You better say those are the illusionary understanding of the scriptures by you and some cohorts. Never you think we all here can fall for that your gospel of deception and blasphemy. You can never make a fool of God's Word. And mind you, stop thinking you are such an achiever! cool
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by ow11(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2008
JeSoul:

No. that would be actually counter-productive. . . steal from God so you can pay man?

I thought we were told tithing keep problems like this far from us. why should a 'tihter' be in debt? If he is in debt then it is obvious the tithing isnt working and should go ahead and pay off his debt by whatever means he deems fit.

If debt collectors come knocking, they won't accept the counter foil of his tithe booklet!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
lol!!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
Please people,
Giving to God is by choice, not compulsion. Don;t let your pastor deceive you.
Remember, God loves a cheerful giver.
Also, your motive is important.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by tayo4sure(f): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2008
I am of the same opinion with kola oloye. It is important to pay your tithe @ all times.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by tayo4sure(f): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2008
quote author=kola oloye link=topic=141519.msg2379649#msg2379649 date=1213624600]
Don't rob Peter to pay Paul. Give unto Ceaser that which is Ceasar's and give to God that which belongs to God.
In your faithfulness, God can surprise you and make you debt free.His ways and thoughts are higher than our own.
Do not rely on your own effort, pay your tithe as at when due and challenge God.He will never fail you. smiley

[quote][/quote]
@ poster,

I am of the same opinion with kola oloye. It is important to pay your tithe @ all times.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by realdemi(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
Tithing is [b]NoT [/b]optional. And it is the first tenth of your increase. meaning remove God's portion before others. You actually acknowledge that God 'i had no strength or wisdom of my own except that which u have given me in order to make this money. This is your part of the deal'. [b]The tenth is the Lord's and u bring a curse on yourself when u withhold it . I agree that it's hard when u are in debt to pay your tithe but i assure u it's for the best. DOn't think tithe can be swapped for offering!! NO, sir.

KunleOshob:

In the frist instance tithing is not required of you by God as a christian. This topic as been exhaustively discussed in a similar thread i suggest you read it. It is titled "the truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes" Check it out via the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html

How does Heb. 7:10-15 negate tithing in N.T? Men just choose to believe as long as it suits their self-style. Pity! their belly being their gods.

@abasifo (OP)
Since you knew the answer to the question, why bother asking us? You just want to generate controversies.

ow11:

I thought we were told tithing keep problems like this far from us. why should a 'tihter' be in debt? If he is in debt then it is obvious the tithing isnt working and should go ahead and pay off his debt by whatever means he deems fit.

If debt collectors come knocking, they won't accept the counter foil of his tithe booklet!

My dear, God will not come down to audit your books for you or watch your budget. If u tithe and God keeps blessing you but you are a spend-thrift and a compulsive impulse buyer, is God to blame when your debts have accumulated at the end of the day?
The nonsense that we drag God in to at times is so nauseating!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by eudio(f): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2008
say wetin happening?

no way, i wont
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kolaoloye(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2008
ow11:

God's way are not our ways.Bible says:'while men slept the enemy came and sow tares, '.satan can strike any how but the lord who is faithful would not allow the righteous to suffer.Read the scriptures below and see one of the ways that God moved on behalf of a woman.
2 Kings 4
1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead;
   and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.

2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath
    not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.

3 Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.

4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels,
   and thou shalt set aside that which is full.

5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.

6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her,
   There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.

7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
                  GOD IS FAITHFUL,PAY YOUR TITHE AS AT WHEN DUE,YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2008
ow11:

and whoever told you that was lying to you my dear.

Christians don't tithe and give to God so that they themselves will be debt-free, the bible does NOT teach that. We give because we have been given, without the expectation of being rewarded for it. God is not stupid, He knows the motives of a mans heart and He will not bless someone who "gives" with the expectation that he will be given back to.
 Christians give to God becos He first gave to us, and everything we have and can do is not of ourselves, it is a gift from God. Hence we're only giving something back of what was not really ours in the first place.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2008
@detruth
You have come to start spreading your LIES  and manipulative interpretation of the scriptures here again, even though you were not able to disprove a single point i made in my last thread on this topic. I know a lot of people are ignorant about the real truth about tithing becos the church as deceived them and not told them the whole truth about tithes as captured in several passages in the bible, all they quote is malachi 3 : 10 which in it self is not self explanatory. they now tell you their own corrupted interpretation of it, but once people read the truth as defined by God in the bible (and not by mordern day pastors who are benefitting from the deception) which is very clear and unabmbigous they would make up their minds about what the real truth is about tithes. As i have always said the church owes the congregation the truth and that is what i stand on. For people who are new to this topic i recomend for reading Deut 14 : 22-29, leviticus 27: 30-34, numbers 18: 25-32, deut 26: 12-15 and Hebrews 7 : 5-15
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
@remi_demi

Passage Hebrews 7:5-15:
5Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people—that is, their brothers—even though their brothers are descended from Abraham. 6This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, 10because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. 11If[b] perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), [/b] why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

From the above passage especially the highlighted parts, it is very clear that it is the law of tithe that is being refered to that must change in verse 12. the reason for this change was also stated in verse 13, being that Jesus was from a different tribe ( not the tribe allowed to collect tithes by law) and also that it is not required by the priesthood of our Lord Jesus christ.
This point really points out the hyprocrises of the criminals promoting tithing today. Even the holy scriptures has made it clear that our Lord Jesus christ is not qualified to collect tithes becos he is not a descendant of Levi, how much less the imposters that are claiming to be collecting it on his behalf today.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by abasifo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2008
God helps those who help themselves
Not paying the tithe isn’t one of the 10 commandments, so you should at least still be able to get into heaven.

I’ve never been an evangelical, so I don’t know how psychotic they are about the tithe. I have noticed that a lot of evangelical churches are making serious bank off the congragations, though.

I’d say take care of what you need to take care of, and offer your church ONLY what you can afford.

But then… When I was a churchgoer, I went to churches who advised us to take care of what we need to take care of and offer only what we could afford…

Still, if you’re paying off your debts, ignoring the tithe, and saving up for an Xbox 360, I don’t think that’d fly. wink
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2008
KunleOshob:

@detruth
You have come to start spreading your LIES  and manipulative interpretation of the scriptures here again, even though you were not able to disprove a single point i made in my last thread on this topic. I know a lot of people are ignorant about the real truth about tithing because the church as deceived them and not told them the whole truth about tithes as captured in several passages in the bible, all they quote is malachi 3 : 10 which in it self is not self explanatory. they now tell you their own corrupted interpretation of it, but once people read the truth as defined by God in the bible (and not by mordern day pastors who are benefitting from the deception) which is very clear and unabmbigous they would make up their minds about what the real truth is about tithes. As i have always said the church owes the congregation the truth and that is what i stand on. For people who are new to this topic i recomend for reading Deut 14 : 22-29, leviticus 27: 30-34, numbers 18: 25-32, deut 26: 12-15 and Hebrews 7 : 5-15  
 Kunle, you are right in that tithing is specifically a requirement of the Law and we are no longer under Law but grace.
BUT
  we see in the new covenant (though not explicitly stated) that though tithing is not a requirement, it would become a practice that would flow naturally from our new freedom in Christ. I believe it is not explicitly stated in the NT because God now wants our giving to be from out of our hearts, as a willful act of worship - not for us to do it out of obligation or rule or law.

1Cor 9 teaches that those who work in the ministry should make a living from the ministry. Also we see Paul asking the believers to keep aside a portion of their earnings to give to the poor
It is no longer a requirement, but the spirit of the practice is still very much alive. As it was even before the Law was instituted- we see Abraham paid tithes even before the Law was, now how much more after the Law has been? how much more after the incredible sacrifice we've received should our thankfulness even overflow more?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2008
If u wanna pay tithes, pay.
If you'd rather contribute willingly to Gods cause(10%, 20% or even 90%) better.
There is no COMPULSION.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fun4me2(f): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2008
it is very wrong.may GOD help us to do his will, attimes it gets so tuff financially but its not an excuse for not paying my tithe
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Ibime(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2008
Should tithes be on gross profit or net profit?

Should tithes be pre-tax or post-tax?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kolaoloye(m): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2008
Ibime:

Should tithes be on gross profit or net profit?

Should tithes be pre-tax or post-tax?
cheesy answer to question 1: GROSS PROFIT
to question 2: POST-TAX but should not be delayed.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2008
This post is quite funny because it brought out the truth about religion being the opium of the masses.
Don't you know that debt is not income and tithe is paid out of income.
Your debt is not part of your income but liability, you can only pay tihthe out of what is remaining from the settlement of your liabilities.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by dankofa: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2008
I'm surprised at the types of responses pple are giving on this issue. Little wonder the bible says:
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.(1Corinthians 2:14)"

If truely u are a matured christain, there is no ambiguity in payment of tithe. It is a must!

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.(Malachi 3:10)"

In fact the Lord calls u a robber if u dont pay ur tithe. U know "Thou shall not steal " is a commandment??
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings "(Malachi 3:cool"
So, pls pay ur tithe so God rebukes devourers on your behalf. Its hard to pay but plsss dont steal from GOD!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by LadyM1: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2008
is easy said than done oooooo.

we all dat believe in tithing shld always say d truth n let d devil be put to same abeg haba sm ppl re quoting d bible meanwhile, they might be owing God oh in d sense nt be faithful in their tithing.

my dear ur qus is quite challenging, is nt easy bt d truth of d matter to me i stand  to be corrected, dat most time d challenge of debt will make u owe God b4 u knw it, d whole moni is gone.

the answ is discipline. we ought to discipline ourselves, put God first in every little n big issues of our lives. We re nt suppose to owe God because He alone provided d job, or rather d means of ur income, so u av to show luv as well wen giving or paying ur tithe.

and it is nt abt giving 4 u to recieve no dis is nt calocalo thing or gambling atall. if u truely luv God u will give nt minding infact you tend ot give more than necessary because of d luv n ur level of relationship wit God.

e.g a guy or probably most men dat knw d value of a woman will go out of his way to give to d wife or galfriend, jus tto make her happy n feel special  same to me wit ur luv 4 God during ur hr of tithing.  wat u luv most is d uppermost thing in ur mind come rain come sunshine. n dis is God we re talking abt dat never fails. He gave us d gift of life n strength plus d wisdom n ability to make such income,

so is all abt ur relationship wit God n hw much discipline we d xtains dat believe in it hold most.

personally am struggling wit it praying hard dat God shld pls help me to be more faithful in tithing. never to skip any month.

tnx
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by SENATORJD(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2008
KunleOshob:

@SENATOR JD
But more specifically Hebrews 7: 10-15 it says in clear terms that the law of tithes must change because the priesthood of our Lord Jesus christ does not require it and that Jesus christ is not from the tribe of levites that collect tithes. please check it out.
7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

maybe i aint scripturally strong but i cant see where it says Jesus forbade it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Joshua Iginla Over Mother’s Death (Photos) / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.