Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? (3199 Views)

My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / Brand New H8 Cell Phone (white) Dual Sim Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am i the only one who has noticed this? All the phones produced by Nokia has white hands in the startup display, that seems a bit like racism to me.
I am not trying to stair any trouble, its just weird. I'll love to see some black hands.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by outrage: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
ayd91: Am i the only one who has noticed this? All the phones produced by Nokia has white hands in the startup display, that seems a bit like racism to me.
I am not trying to stair any trouble, its just weird. I'll love to see some black hands.
Make your own and put black hands till then, knack your head for wall.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by cockyjay: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
outrage:

Lmao... Op ask google
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
outrage:
lol, na observation o
*cracks the wall, with a 3310*
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by AnodaIT(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Which part of Nokia is design by a black hand
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Hardfact: 1:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Question's already answered. But just to remind you, those were the hands that made the phones, simply exchanging greatings after successful hardwork.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2013
guys! This phone aren't made by caucasian whites (europeans) alone, Nokia is also made by Chinese, Koreans, Indians and components made in south Africa. So not just one race should be represented.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ciphoenix: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2013
ayd91: guys! This phone aren't made by caucasian whites (europeans) alone, Nokia is also made by Chinese, Koreans, Indians and components made in south Africa. So not just one race should be represented.
should they then make multiple hands?
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by edoyad(m): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Lol. This is some funny stuff that should not be taken lightly. The OP deserves a response from Nokia PR grin
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2013
ciphoenix: should they then make multiple hands?
wasn't actually thinking along that line though it seems like a good idea.
The phones are for the world and not just one race, so it seems fair representing various races.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ciphoenix: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
Honestly, there's no need for that. Its not the world's company. They use an image they deem fit. Its just a company image.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by timbros(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
OP, why are only black 'pikins' used for OMO detergent ads?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
timbros: OP, why are only black 'pikins' used for OMO detergent ads?
thats because OMO is for a Black market.
Nokia is a world brand targeting a diverse customer base and their slogan is "connecting people" which is placed right below the hands, so that begs the question. Which people? Obviously a heterogeneous population.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by timbros(m): 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
ayd91:
thats because OMO is for a Black market.
Nokia is a world brand targeting a diverse customer base and their slogan is "connecting people" which is placed right below the hands, so that begs the question. Which people? Obviously a heterogeneous population.

So oyinbo no fit use OMO? Why dont they use white 'pikins' to attract oyinbo to use OMO? Abi OMO no want their product to be world brand?
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
timbros:

So oyinbo no fit use OMO? Why dont they use white 'pikins' to attract oyinbo to use OMO? Abi OMO no want their product to be world brand?
OMO as observed by me uses different models (children) for different countries. As noticed by you, Nigeria black kids , Ghana same, while for south Africa a combination of both white and black races. Check out this link for the OMO product for south Africa (note south Africa has a mixture of whites and blacks). http://www.unilever.co.za/Images/Omo_Multi_450x450_tcm84-293979.gif
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Damon03(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
U get problem ooo. pple like u read negative meaning to everything, the phone is made by a Finnish company, they are whites, are u now saying they should include blacks in everything?? Stop playing the victim abeg. do some positive thinking too. I've neva used or seen a Nokia phone made in SouthAfrica which model is that, enlighten me ooo. Like someone said if u wanna see black hands go make ur own phone, until then keep knacking ur head for wall
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ciphoenix: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Samchelsea(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
The OP has a point there let's take for example they connect a white and black hand to make 'connecting people' have more meaning but on the other side people would assume its a fake nokia phone no matter the sensitisation done to let people know its a genuine product

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2013
Damon03: U get problem ooo. pple like u read negative meaning to everything, the phone is made by a Finnish company, they are whites, are u now saying they should include blacks in everything?? Stop playing the victim abeg. do some positive thinking too. I've neva used or seen a Nokia phone made in SouthAfrica which model is that, enlighten me ooo. Like someone said if u wanna see black hands go make ur own phone, until then keep knacking ur head for wall
dude i said "components" not "phones". Its my observation and i don't expect everyone to subscribe to it. I feel a black and white hand shaking hands will sought of help to influence the consumers positively and possibly even reduce racism.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2013
Having studied sociology of race and ethnic relations, i to a large extent understand the impact of such symbols to both manufactures and consumers.
Think for a minute.
What if the new HIV drug had on its packet two black couples? I am sure no African would care as to where it was manufactured, we would all read meanings to it. But if a white and a black couple where displayed it sends a different message. I ain't i persimist, i am a social analyst. Pardon me if i say things as they are.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Damon03(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2013
^ u are not saying things as they are, u are saying it as viewed from the distorted glasses of your own paranoia. Quit the pity party, racism is not down to black and white, the Germans don't see the French as same race with them not to talk of Americans and Chinese, if all races are to be included then we'll have American, European, African, and Asian hands. U are a racist for thinking"connecting people" can not be represented with any race! Again I say stop feeling marginalised.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2013
ayd91: Am i the only one who has noticed this? All the phones produced by Nokia has white hands in the startup display, that seems a bit like racism to me.

Paranoid people like you will never have any fun when they travel overseas because you'll see racism in everything.

Now, go and ask your BLACK Nigerian pastors why Jesus is depicted as a WHITE male, ask why the Devil is depicted as BLACK. You will not go and ask the likes of Adeboye if they are succumbing to racism, it's us you'll come and bore to death with your inane search for racism where there is none.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Damon03(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2013
ayd91:
dude i said "components" not "phones". Its my observation and i don't expect everyone to subscribe to it. I feel a black and white hand shaking hands will sought of help to influence the consumers positively and possibly even reduce racism.
dude?? Really?? DUDE??
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ciphoenix: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
texazzpete:

Paranoid people like you will never have any fun when they travel overseas because you'll see racism in everything.

Now, go and ask your BLACK Nigerian pastors why Jesus is depicted as a WHITE male, ask why the Devil is depicted as BLACK. You will not go and ask the likes of Adeboye if they are succumbing to racism, it's us you'll come and bore to death with your inane search for racism where there is none.

maybe we should have 9 hands shaking each other grin
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Damon03: ^ u are not saying things as they are, u are saying it as viewed from the distorted glasses of your own paranoia. Quit the pity party, racism is not down to black and white, the Germans don't see the French as same race with them not to talk of Americans and Chinese, if all races are to be included then we'll have American, European, African, and Asian hands. U are a racist for thinking"connecting people" can not be represented with any race! Again I say stop feeling marginalised.
what's up with the name calling?
"Connecting people" should be represented by a symbol that depicts diversity and not homogeneity.
PITY PARTY? Dude this started as an observation and not as you say a "pity party". I am not feeling marginalized and neither am i fishing for sympathy.
If you read my earlier response you'll notice other i mentioned other races.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
ciphoenix: maybe we should have 9 hands shaking each other grin
lol!
9 hands? You go fear na.
PERSONALLY I RECOMMEND THAT NOKIA MAKES ALL THE RACES AVAILABLE FOR THE CONSUMER TO SET THE RACE OF HIS CHOICE IN HIS PHONE. KIND OF LIKE A SCREEN SAVER.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Damon03: dude?? Really?? DUDE??
i believe it helps in reducing racial tension. A hand shake between two races says alot. Just imaging a child growing up to viewing that, inter-racial interaction becomes normal to him/her.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by ayd91(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
texazzpete:

Paranoid? Come on! If you don't like my post i don't hold that against you but that shouldn't warrant name calling.
Jesus never discriminated against anyone, not even on the account of race, further more he was most certainly light skinned, i don't think any of the men of God subscribe to the believe the Devil looks like them. LBVS
You write as if racism doesn't exist. It does and if i see it then its because its there.
Re: Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White? by Damon03(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
Where is the name calling. U're accusing me of something that's not there just like u're accusing Nokia, good luck with that. And pls stop calling me dude. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally, BBM Coming To Android And Ios..... / 2go Took My Money But Did Not Give Me Go Credits / We Need Custom Roms For Innjoo Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.