Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Irish ,a Nation Of Proud Drinkers And Wonderful Traditonal Music - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Irish ,a Nation Of Proud Drinkers And Wonderful Traditonal Music (601 Views)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Irish ,a Nation Of Proud Drinkers And Wonderful Traditonal Music by newuc2come(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
gotta luv the irish people and admire their strong bond with their homeland.A nation of warriors proud of their heritage and their luv for traditional music.Their celtic spirit,believed to be inherent in the sons of the homeland can only draw admiration from outsiders.I happened to meet an irish man residing in nigeria and we became friends...more like drinking buddies.He rambled on,btw gulps of johnny,about his homeland and of tales of grandeur of men and women from his homeland,but i got really interested when he started belting an irish folksong from his hometown.It was the tale of a young man who left his young wife and child behind and left for war.
When my friend was done his eyes were misty.I too had to blink back my own mists.

(1) (Reply)

Lost But Found / Combining English With Native Language / Zik And Awo, Friends Or Foes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.