Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging (2468 Views)

How Do I Configure My New Bold 3 To MTN Internet Without Using BB Services / How Do I Configure My China Phone (fake Iphone) For Internet Use? / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by sect(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2008
Some of u guys must av seen the my friends option(for sonyericsson users) in ur messaging or IM option for nokia phones and dont know what it means or how to use it. Well these are the basic steps on how to configure ur phone's instant messaging.
First visit www.yamigo.com & register there including ur YIM AOL etc & remember to check fetch contacts while registering.
After doing dat go 2 ur phone's IM & type d following parameters LOGIN-yamigo username Password-yamigo password server- yamigo.com/wv/control
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by sect(m): 8:56am On Feb 24, 2008
Server - http://yamigo.com/wv/control
Domain Name- yamigo.com or you can leave it empty
The IM also works with celtel mms. It worked for me the last time i was in lag so it should work for you guys.
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2008
Configuring Nokia Series 60 Phones

In the Nokia Series 60 (Symbian) phones, IM settings can be configured under the Chat or Presence applications. Go to Options -> Settings to access the Server Settings configuration for the IM Client.

The configuration settings you need to enter are:
Server Name - This is a descriptive name for the server which is used only within the IM Client for display purposes.
Access Point in Use - This specifies the internet access point (settings profile) that should be used for IM client connections. Use an appropriate profile that will facilitate connectivity to the HTTP URL of the Yamigo IMPS Server.
Web Address - http://yamigo.com/wv/control
User ID - This setting should contain the name of the user account obtained from the Yamigo Server.
Password - This setting should contain the password of the user account defined on the Yamigo Server.

@ sect

Have known the Wireless Village (yamigo) for a long time now. Talking about connecting to instant Messaging, it quake, and Yes it works with MMS settings. i just reactivated mine, cnn just dey disturb person
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by sect(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2008
Yeah you're right. Cnn,bbc and F1 disturb a lot with their news update but you can disable it if you want to.
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2008
Stop grin
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by igbsam(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2008
@info
i think he means block.

@all
am not able to download my yahoo list on my nokia 6630. Am only receiving bots msgs from bbc & co. Anybody with how i can do dat ?
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ igbsam

To stop a feed, write stop that what i ment

@ All

If your a yamigo user, kindly drop your id here

mine is bhappy111

igbsam i added you as a Friend
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by secured(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2008
Cool.No offence
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2008
secured:

Mine is honsule.

Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by igbsam(m): 12:01am On Feb 25, 2008
@info
i did'nt get wat u r trying 2 say in ur prev. post to me.

@all
my yamigo id is <b>igbsam0</b>. Have added u info
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 25, 2008
@ igbsam

To Unsubscribe from any feed e.g. BBC, CNN, F1 etc send Stop that what I simply meant and you should know that if you’re a old member
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by sect(m): 4:55am On Feb 25, 2008
Igbsam if you want 2 download ur contacts all you av 2 do is to login 2 ur yamigo account,you'll see a box beside ur YIM 'fetch my contacts' Check dat box & save it. Ur contacts will be downloaded to ur fone automatically.
@all my yamigo ID is Colly09 while my password is ehmm. . . . . I cant remember it now,i'll give u guys later
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by sect(m): 4:57am On Feb 25, 2008
Igbsam if you want 2 download ur contacts all you av 2 do is to login 2 ur yamigo account,you'll see a box beside ur YIM 'fetch my contacts' Check dat box & save it. Ur contacts will be downloaded to ur fone automatically.
@all my yamigo ID is Colly09 while my password is ehmm. . . . . I cant remember it now,i'll give u guys later
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 25, 2008
Searching for users currently online on YAMIGO Server? go to

http://www.yamigo.com/wv/admin/

look up country for nigeria it NG
Re: How To Configure My Friends/instant Messaging by Latnok23: 11:23am On Jun 26, 2013
How can i register on yamigo through mobhile

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Download 2go In My Bb Q10 Help / Leaked Specs Of Tecno's Upcoming Device , Boom J7 / 9mobile's Sack Saga Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.