Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Is Church Attendance Compulsory? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Attendance Compulsory? (9365 Views)

How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by mu2sa2: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2013
Lots of copycat imitation going on. The muslims daily 5 times-a-day mosque attendance is nowadays imitated in daily fellowships by some xtians, the same way some muslims now celebrate birthday of their religious figures in imitation of xmas. Tourists going to Jerusalem call it pilgrimage and on return adopt JP in imitation of hajj pilgrimage and the title of "Alhaji". You see cutting of wedding cakes in Muslim marriage ceremonies in imitation of xtians. Etc, Etc.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author =Truckpusher]I dey house dey drink my alomo and fresh Brea/st milk...if I take kwale weed join am, which praise and worship wey pass that one?[/quote]

little wonder you've remained a 'truckpusher'. Bounce!!! You aren't useful on this thread. You don't even know the spelling of 'Bible' except Alomo.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2013
mu2sa2: There's a lot of copycat imitation going on. The muslims daily 5 times-a-day mosque attendance is nowadays imitated in daily fellowships by some xtians, the same way some muslims now celebrate birthday of their religious figures in imitation of xmas.

Prophet Muhammed.

How does method of worship and imitation concern this thread?
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by luckgood(m): 11:20am On Jan 06, 2013
Lot of people attend church today for their own selfish interest.Some attend for bizness purposes while some attend to catch with old and new boddies.The real crux of offering a true worship to God is not paramount in today's 9ja churches. It's expedient to be in the assemblies of believers but it doesn't have to be in a church or cathedral.

JustMyopiNi smileyon!
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2013
"There is a great host of preachers who have literally cast aside the message of the cross of Jesus Christ!
Be warned: It doesn't matter what anyone tells you about a great "revival" or moving of the Spirit taking place;
it doesn't matter how many multitudes are involved, or how loud their praises are;
it doesn't matter how "successful" a particular ministry may appear to be.
If the cross of Jesus Christ is not the door through which people come, you can rest assured - it is not a work of God!"

==> David Wilkerson, Author of The "Cross and the Switchblade" in 1996 <==

3 Likes

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 06, 2013
if you are a catholic yes,it is compulsory to gather with others catholics at the church
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by jayjam(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2013
I really appreciate pple's views here.churchgoing is necessary but i don't think its compulsory,4 those of u who want to put ur mouth here act like men.READ MATTEW 6:5-"And when u pray,u must nt b like d hyprocrites;4 they love 2 stand nd pray in d synagogues nd at d street corners,that they may be seen by men.Truly,I say 2 u,they av received their reward.But wen u pray,go into ur room nd shut d door and pray to ur Father who is in secret;and ur Father who sees in secret wil reward u"

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by mu2sa2: 11:35am On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

Prophet Muhammed.

How does method of worship and imitation concern this thread?
We were used to xtians going to church on sundays. It's this muslim-like daily church attendance that is causing the uproar/revolt - that's the connection.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by jayjam(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2013
Dear brethren,i don't mean to derail this thread bt i must say alot of things has bin imported into our current religious practices.The system has bin bastardized to an extent that abnormalities has become our normalities.if we follow to the leta d norms and etiquettes of religiousity,then i cn reveal to u dat our praying system has bin afectd,mattew 6:7-13 wil explain beta.Api sunday
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2013
mu2sa2: We were used to xtians going to church on sundays. It's this muslim-like daily church attendance that is causing the uproar/revolt - that's the connection.
How has that become a recent event? Or you just noticed?

Besides, how other people worship their God now disturbs your religion? Smh.

To educate you.. The bible instructed all brethren to 'pray without ceasing'. Besides you don't go to God only sundays, there's no law to that effect.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2013
mu2sa2: We were used to xtians going to church on sundays. It's this muslim-like daily church attendance that is causing the uproar/revolt - that's the connection.

So Christians fervency in church attendance is why Boko-haram decided to wipe out Nigeria?

So many mis-conceptions, owing to religion. Smh
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by danny301: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2013
joseph1832:
Righteous? Who's righteous in todays church? A place that has turned into the gathering of rogues, homosexuals, murderers, prostitute etc! Please the church today is far from righteous!

"Saint Joseph" So what's ur point?.... That churches should be closed down or people should stop going to church?..... Why don't you concentrate on improving your life and leave church alone?
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2013
catholic church law.
pinkrex: How has that become a recent event? Or you just noticed?

Besides, how other people worship their God now disturbs your religion? Smh.[quote]

catholic church law.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Truckpusher(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

little wonder you've remained a 'truckpusher'. Bounce!!! You aren't useful on this thread. You don't even know the spelling of 'Bible' except Alomo.
See me see madman oh!...abeg make una bring rope
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by geswith: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2013
do not ignore the gathering of the brethren Hebrews 10:25
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE][/quote]

Can you reference that from the Bible?
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2013
Truckpusher: See me see madman oh!...abeg make una bring rope

Truck mentality.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Commandment number 4 says it all.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

Can you reference that from the Bible?
everything mandatory or compulsory in the catholic church is not written in the bible, for example a catholic must confess at least one time during the year esp the during important period like nativity, assumption etc.confession as a whole is not even mentioned in the bible. another example is the list of vices and virtues both aren't mentioned in the bible but are followed.
is the pope mentioned in the bible?
in few words not everything is mentioned in the bible that's why we have a church law/code.
to answer your question i can't show any reference to that cause here isn't none that i know anyway..
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by AtheistD(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2013
tobechi74: u main problem with church is finance

Not really. However it is an issue that keeps cropping up.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Truckpusher(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

Truck mentality.
only a madman will attack without being provoked....you've stopped taking your anti-depressant again...Oya go take your med. grin grin grin
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Truckpusher(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
geswith: do not ignore the gathering of the brethren Hebrews 10:25
Do not underestimate the gatherings of eediots in large numbers brethren Truckman 12:2

1 Like

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: everything mandatory or compulsory in the catholic church is not written in the bible, for example a catholic must confess at least one time during the year esp the during important period like nativity, assumption etc.confession as a whole is not even mentioned in the bible. another example is the list of vices and virtues both aren't mentioned in the bible but are followed.
is the pope mentioned in the bible?
in few words not everything is mentioned in the bible that's why we have a church law/code.
to answer your question i can't show any reference to that cause here isn't none that i know anyway..
firstly, I'm not a Catholic. And history has it that some earliest Roman traditions were embedded in the Roman Catholic church (constantinopian) et al.. That same issue borne our Protestant churches under Martin Lurther. I'm a bible believing Christian and traditions can't take me to heaven.

However, its rather irrational to use a 'sect' in Christianity as a conventional standard.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
Truckpusher: Do not underestimate the gatherings of eediots in large numbers brethren Truckman 12:2

Dementia-praecox. You are far from being funny. Go luxur with allomo and stop littering this thread with your dry and mis-placed jokes.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
stay focus .my first answer to this thread was if you are a catholic then it is mandatory. undecided
pinkrex: firstly, I'm not a Catholic. And history has it that some earliest Roman traditions were embedded in the Roman Catholic church (constantinopian) et al.. That same issue borne our Protestant churches under Martin Lurther. I'm a bible believing Christian and traditions can't take me to heaven.

However, its rather irrational to use a 'sect' in Christianity as a conventional standard. [quote]
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE]if you are a catholic yes,it is compulsory to gather with others catholics at the church
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: if you are a catholic yes,it is compulsory to gather with others catholics at the church
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: stay focus .my first answer to this thread was if you are a catholic then it is mandatory. undecided

Bros, is the topic 'Catholic'? We are discussing general Church attendance. Aren't we?
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

Bros, is the topic 'Catholic'? We are discussing general Church attendance. Aren't we?
since Christians are divided there is no things such as general church attendance, different philosophy different mindset. undecided
so for a catholic it is mandatory to go the church. for a protestant and others christians well i don't know.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Truckpusher(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
pinkrex:

Dementia-praecox. You are far from being funny. Go luxur with allomo and stop littering this thread with your dry and mis-placed jokes.
*Grabs pinkrex and bind him with marine rope , toss him into my dirtiest truck ever and truckpush the disrespectful thing to a psychiatric clinic*....looking at him eyeball to eyeball now while he smiles sheepishly saying some mumble jumble -Oya climb your bed while the doctor comes with rubber hammer to tap his head.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by confusion247(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

Interesting story. Every serious christian ought to know the necessity of church attendance.its not an option. Any contrary opinion is of the flesh

Hebrews 10:25
Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.

It's biblical to attend church services . The early church met regularly on Sundays and daily in private homes

1 Corinthians 11:18
For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that . . .

Any voice contrary to this is a voice of rebellion against the word of God. Find a church and submit yourself to the spiritual authority there.
kindly give us the name of the church you want us to be attending from today because when last i checked, we have over 50 different type of churches. I have being wondering whats the different between them all? If all the churches has one sole agenda to convert men back to GOD, why do we have many of them? Is church a political party?. During the time of the apostles as you said, how many churches do they have then and what are their names? i mean the name(s) of the churches.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
Truckpusher: *Grabs pinkrex and bind him with marine rope , toss him into my dirtiest truck ever and truckpush the disrespectful thing to a psychiatric clinic*....looking at him eyeball to eyeball now while he smiles sheepishly saying some mumble jumble -Oya climb your bed while the doctor comes with rubber hammer to tap his head.
. Lol.. You cracked me hard.

So all these happened in your hallucinary imagination! Demention is very wicked. Bros e do k.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by pinkrex(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: since Christians are divided there is no things such as general church attendance, different philosophy different mindset. undecided
so for a catholic it is mandatory to go the church. for a protestant and others christians well i don't know.
lol. Ok. Although God Is one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church / Can Salvation Be Lost? Let's See : Hebrews 6:4-6 - Paul Ellis / Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.