Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,400 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant (3326 Views)

Undergraduate Hacked To Death Two Months To Wedding / Primary Three Pupil Gets Pregnant After Being Raped By A 27 Year Old Man / 13-year-old Girl Gets Pregnant After Being Molested In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Bebstic(f): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
This did not happen to anyone i know but i read something like this in a novel and i couldn't help wondering what a Nigerian man would do under such circumstances. so guys - what would you do?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Yes from the guys please. Especially the "religious" ones.  I would like to know their views too. wink  Especially being a Sunday, since most have just come back from their prayer mats.

Where are these Pharisees and Sadducees on Nairaland?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2008
marry her, give up the child for adoption.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by LadyT(f): 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hell no @ 4HIm if you have the child you keep it. If you dont want to keep it dont have it. Imagine discovering your a product of rape and as soon as you were born you were rejected and given away. Child is innocent in all this
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2008
4Him:

marry her, give up the child for adoption.
ehrrrrrrm, did you go to church today? embarassed ohhh, i get it. you mean to go to the 7'o clock mass?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2008
Subscribing to thread! No comment necessary since they asked for the guys' opinion

Observin'. . . . . . . .
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
LadyT:

Hell no @ 4HIm if you have the child you keep it. If you don't want to keep it don't have it. Imagine discovering your a product of rape and as soon as you were born you were rejected and given away. Child is innocent in all this

LadyT i'm being practical here instead of the romanticised half-truths threads like this are likely to induce.
If i iwere the product of rape of course i'd be angry that my "parent" did not keep me but thankfully i'm not.

Be realistic, ur wife being raped is a huge psychological blow that if not that i was already commited to marrying her could have led to a break up.
Keeping that child wont help us as a couple. . . ur wife will carry that emotional hurt for as long as she sees that kid, for me it will be a reminder of something stolen from me, the priviledge of being the father of my wife's first child.

Seriously if the pregnancy is not advanced i'd have it terminated.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by LadyT(f): 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2008
your being selfish what if she wants to keep the baby!!! Im being realistic you cant even be sure you will want to touch her again after shes been violated. or what if she doesnt want sex for a very long time. remember you will see her grow with the pregnancy can you live with that?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2008
LadyT:

your being selfish what if she wants to keep the baby!!! I'm being realistic you can't even be sure you will want to touch her again after shes been violated. or what if she doesnt want sex for a very long time. remember you will see her grow with the pregnancy can you live with that?

no madame, when i love a woman enough to give her a ring and call her my wife i certainly wont chuck her away for what was not her fault. My conscience wont let me be.

whether the baby shld be kept or not is a decision that is not hers alone to make. I will have to be the unofficial father to the kid, she has to consider whether i want to support such a child.
Its not about being selfish, its about being sincere enough to know that rape can do irreparable damage to a marriage.

She doesnt want sex for a long time? that can be dealt with. I'm not a sex freak and can do without it as long as it takes for her to heal.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2008
Lady T dear, why the HELL would the woman want to keep such a baby? What kind of demented disrespect to a marriage is that?

She'd rather keep a reminder of rape as her first born child over one with her fiance? I'd leave such a woman too, Ew.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by LadyT(f): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2008
my point is ( to terminate) God forgive. your on a highway to hell if you expect her carry the child to full term then give it up!
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

She'd rather keep a reminder of rape as her first born child over one with her fiance? I'd leave such a woman too, Ew.

my point in a nutshell.

LadyT:

my point is ( to terminate) God forgive. your on a highway to hell if you expect her carry the child to full term then give it up!

She's on a faster tracked highway to spinsterhood if she expects me to father that child and treat it as my own.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Raymond88(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
Stop reading these cheesy romance novels.  tongue
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2008
Dafidi, I think Lady T's problem is with you suggesting adoption the first time, I think she supports terminating it instead which I agree with.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by LadyT(f): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2008
I think such a woman will be scarred and bleeped up for life if she carrys the child full term  then give it away she will know its alive and out there.  I just believe if you cant care for it dont have it.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
fine. I only suggest adoption if the pregnancy is too far gone like say 5 months.
If its just a few weeks then commot the thing straight away.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
subscribing cheesy
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by noetic(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ Topic

To be honest, this is tough.

But abortion is not an option, based on my religious beliefs.

putting the child up for adoption is not an option, cos I cant withstand the thought of other children not expiriencing the joy of childhood with their parents, in the name of motherless babies homes and house maids. not to talk of personally sentencing another child to such horrific expirience.

the child is definitly going to have psycological effects on me n my wifey,
but my love 4 d child might be my little way of paying back God`s unconditional love for me.

the child will grow up and be an integral part of my family. he will be what d yoruba`s call "arole". the heir apparent.
u would never know he is not mine, cos I guess he will look like his mom.

so I believe.

1 Like

Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 7:31pm On Feb 24, 2008
noetic:

u would never know he is not mine, because I guess he will look like his mom.

its good to fantasize, what if the child is a spitting image of the rapist who happens to be ur relation?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by LadyT(f): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2008
LOL@fantasize,

4him people do it they care for the child if you ask me they are seriously strong. I couldnt do it,
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2008
Gosh what a hard decision to make, if you ask me i'd probably give the child away cry
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by adeboo(f): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
If i was a guy, it would be really hard for me to take on board.
I dont know if i would support an abortion but if we did decide to keep the baby, then its gonna be real hard cause that child would remind u of the wrong constantly.

But then what happens when the child is old enough and finds out he was a product of rape, then thats just another saga.

Oga o - i just dont know.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
You'd seriously gain weight and go thru all the madness that comes with carrying a child just to give it away?

Why would people even put theselves thru all that for an unwanted child?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by tRoOE(f): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2008
This is a situation that doesn't need any thinking

If that happens to me , I will abort that baby because why bring a bastard child into this world, a child I will can or will ever love. (am sure God will understand)

In the future the child might became a rapiest since himself, abi i lie, the child is a curse jare

I don't think my husband will want to be a father to a rape child!!!!!!!God Forbid

Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by ifyalways(f): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2008
God forbid but its abortion straight ahead.
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by noetic(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2008
4Him:

its good to fantasize, what if the child is a spitting image of the rapist who happens to be your relation?

then thats a different scenario.

if u expect me to abort d child, thats not an option like I said, or to leave my grl cos of dat.
It is good to hope for d best always, but at least consider d worst. in other words I will stick with my grl.

note finally that, that relation of mine will never get 1,000,000 miles near that child.

the child is a gift 4m God, who is to serve his own purpose in life.
is that a reality u cant live with?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, . . . . . . . .

ifyalways:

God forbid but its abortion straight ahead.

tRoOE:

This is a situation that doesn't need any thinking

If that happens to me , I will abort that baby because why bring a bastard child into this world, a child I will can or will ever love. (am sure God will understand)

In the future the child might became a rapiest since himself, abi i lie, the child is a curse jare

I don't think my husband will want to be a father to a rape child!!!!!!!God Forbid

D-reloaded:

You'd seriously gain weight and go through all the madness that comes with carrying a child just to give it away?

Why would people even put theselves through all that for an unwanted child?

Just to play devil's advocate to the ladies in the house.

What if a seer told you that this child resulting from rape would be your only child to come out of you in your life time or you would lose your life if you got rid of the child.  What would you ladies do?  The men have the right to do what they want to do.

What would you do ladies? If you had this revelation in advance. undecided

Thinking. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2008
Seconded cheesy
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2008
a seer ko, a winch ni. tongue

If the God I believe in would allow such horrible consequences, I wont serve Him anymore and happily DIE.

I will take it as that. The child will still be removed

Anyway thankfully in civilized countries, when a rape case is reported, the first thing they do is a rape kit which involves STD tests AND the morning after pill therefore the baby will be gone within hrs after the horrible situatiom
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by 4Him(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2008
noetic:

note finally that, that relation of mine will never get 1,000,000 miles near that child.

Keep dreaming . . . if your relation has spent his time in jail for the crime and now returns at 50 to claim his son what happens?
What if the son wants to know his father, rape or not?
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by almondjoy(f): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
I hope you guys realize that when some people eventually get married---there are some rapists that would be better than most of the fellows that may be unfortunate to be the spouses of some ladies. I am just thinkin' many women have died in the hands of their spouses and I am sure most wished that being raped was a piece of cake compared to the kinds of rape suffered at the hands of their spouses.

Just thinking. . . . . . . . . . .Who know the future?

My prayer is that that should never be the case,  . . . .but. . . . . .things deey happen! grin

The advantages and disadvantages of being "pro-choice".  You can never make a decision for another.

Shakin' ma head. . . . . . 
Re: Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant by Dreloaded(f): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2008
you're pro choice as well AJ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shock As ‘female Prisoner’ Is Discovered To Actually Be A Male (photo) / After Killing Him They Put Sand In His Mouth - Blackaxe And Eiye PHOTOS / 19 Years Old Boy Raped A Girl Of 3 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.