Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student (1445 Views)

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student by Tunbolity(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
OAU Students Dissociate From Yinka Gbadebo Ayefele’s Self Acclaimed NANS Presidency
Published December 31, 2012 | By Kogite

My attention and that of the entire students’ community of Obafemi Awolowo University Ile- Ife have been drawn to the crisis in the national body of the National Association of Nigerian Students’ (NANS) aftermath the Uyo convention.

It will be recalled that the National convention of Nigerian Students’ took place in Uyo the capital city of Akwa –Ibom state between 13th -18th December, 2012.

At the convention, our great Institution Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife fielded a candidate in person of Comrade Adelu Monehin James Bobby for the office of the NANS president in consonance with the tradition of our Students’ Union having met the criteria of being a member of our great union. Not only that, he duly certified the criteria of the Convention Planning Committee (CPC) and the State Security Service (SSS), by making available his proof of studentship viz; students identity card, letter of confirmation of studentship from the office of the Dean of Students’ Affair, Letter of recommendation from his Head of Department and his Aspirant Intent Form duly signed by his HOD.

I must say, that it is a known fact that whoever is not a member of our union by virtue of been a matriculated student of any JAMB accredited program cannot lay claim to studentship of the Great Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife and in view of this, such an individual cannot be allowed to use the platform of the institution to contest any office especially at the apex body of the students’, The National Association of Nigerian Students’ (NANS).

Also, as part of the age long principle and tradition of our Students’ Union to always be a pace setter in the students’ movement in Nigeria by ensuring that transparency and integrity is made the hallmark of our modus-operandi, at this juncture, it is sacrosanct without been economical with truth and facts in the interest of protecting the hard earn prestigious reputation and integrity of the Students’ Union of Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife to categorically state as follow:

That I Ayo Shedrach Toe a. k. a Ay Toes the chairman OAU Students Union Transition Committee duly elected by the students, is aware of one Mr. Yinka Gbadebo a.k.a Ayefele who claimed to be a part one diploma student of OAU Ile-Ife

That the Diploma Students in OAU are not regarded as matriculated student of the institution as they are not recognized by JAMB

That Diploma students are not members of the students union of OAU as they are not allowed to vote or be voted for.

That under no condition or circumstance will any Diploma student of OAU be allowed to use the platform of our Students’ Union or the name of the institution to hold or contest any office that has to do with the interest of the OAU students as it contravenes the spirit and letters of the Union’s constitution.

That The State Security Service after their findings about the studentship status of Mr. Yinka Gbadebo a.k.a Ayefele prior to the convention ought to have disqualified him in tandem with the agreed procedure of the election that whoever is not a matriculated student of any JAMB recognized institution and NUC ( or other tertiary education regulatory body) accredited program should not be allowed to contest the election.

In view of the aforementioned and my duty to protect the image and integrity of the OAU students union, I hereby state that: Mr. Yinka Gbadebo is not a student of Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife and couldn’t have contested the NANS presidency in Uyo using OAU ticket let alone parading himself illegally as the NANS president.

Although,

The OAU community and the public are advised to be wary of transacting any business with Mr. Yinka Gbadebo a.k.a Ayefele in the name of NANS.

While I assure every member of the students’ union and stakeholder of great Ife of necessary protection of our sanctity, I shall hold necessary discussions with the Management of the institution for further actions.

Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta.

Ayo Shedrach Toe (Ay Toes)

Chairman, Students Union Transition Committee,

Obafemi Awolowo University,

Ile-Ife, Osun State.
Re: OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student by STTITUS(m): 12:30am On Jan 06, 2013
Weldone bro. Aluta is in your blood. Aluta continua victoria asserta!
Re: OAU Students Disown Self From New NANS President Who Claims To Be Their Student by Tunbolity(m): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2013
It was a case of impersonation which OAU students frown at.Ayefele is never an OAU student but rode on the vibrancy and goodwill of the students body to contest in NANS,Association of Non Students.

(1) (Reply)

National Universities Commission Approves NDA post graduate programmes. / ‘why, At 42, I Am In JSS1’ / How To Carry Out Titration Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.