Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. (19048 Views)

"Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man / Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 5:28am On Mar 17, 2016
(please dont really castigate me with the way i composed my english.because i believed we have some eagle eye peeps here,that will scrutinize out my errors.lol)
conspicuously,i'm not generalizing here.but majority of our lecturers, in higher institution are so lackadaisical,sarcastic and so corrupt.despite the way most student try to study hard,so as to excel immensely.
i'm so sure many people here,that is still in school or perhaps graduated,can really affirm this.without further ado.the things i so dislike about some of them are;

1.boasting to their student,that they cant score a certain high mark,in their course.(chai!.like make i break bottle for engr babalola head,when him dey yarn us like this..why i come dey attend class then?.mtchew!).

2.if you dont buy my handout or textbook,you have automatically failed my course..(chai!.mogbe.me wey be say na 001 level i dey take chop.okay now).

3. if you dont pay me a certain amount of money(bribe), i wont score you well. (your fada!.after i don read sotay,i promise myself say even advert or signboard,i no go read am when we don finish exam.)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 5:28am On Mar 17, 2016
4. meet me at a rendezvy,hotel or guest house,if you dont want me to fail you,woefully. (kai!.i do pity innocent female and male student,that falls into this kind of randy lecturers hand..(thunder wey go fire am eh,dey do press up).

5. the ones that gives you AOC (AREA OF CONFUSION)..nasoo engr ade arrange tutorial for us,come dey give us AOC..chai..na GOD say make i sha read all the handout,before exam..olooofo!..osooofo nibikibi,ti o ba wa ni ooo!..

6.the ones that lectures you 1+1=2 during class,gives you 2x+4=6 (find x),as assignment, and finally. 4x+3y-6xy+2z=14 (find xyz) as exam question..(ah!..ah!!..ah!!!..na sapoona and ayelalaa,na him go strike you down..werey.oloshi!.)lol

well the list is innumerable.you can add yours..even lalasticlala can relate to this. smiley .na GOD go dey continue to help we student oooo..tanku yu..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!..

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Oche211(m): 6:56am On Mar 17, 2016
That boasting side no be here oo.
U'll hear some lecturers openly boast in classes that no student has ever gotten an A in their courses before. Ha!!! Na entrance exam to heaven ni? Even people dey pass dat one.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Oche211(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2016
sholikay:
4. meet me at a rendezvy,hotel or guest house,if you dont want me to fail you,woefully. (kai!.i do pity innocent female and male student,that falls into this kind of randy lecturers hand..(thunder wey go fire am eh,dey do press up).

5. the ones that gives you AOC (AREA OF CONFUSION)..nasoo engr ade arrange tutorial for us,come dey give us AOC..chai..na GOD say make i sha read all the handout,before exam..olooofo!..osooofo nibikibi,ti o ba wa ni ooo!..

6.the ones that lectures you 1+1=2 during class,gives you 2x+4=6 (find x),as assignment, and finally. 4x+3y-6xy+2z=14 (find xyz) as exam question..(ah!..ah!!..ah!!!..na sapoona and ayelalaa,na him go strike you down..werey.oloshi!.)lol

well the list is innumerable.you can add yours..even lalasticlala can relate to this. smiley .na GOD go dey continue to help we student oooo..tanku yu..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!..
happy birthday. May Baba God surprise u today.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2016
Oche211:
That boasting side no be here oo.
U'll hear some lecturers openly boast in classes that no student has ever gotten an A in their courses before. Ha!!! Na entrance exam to heaven ni? Even people dey pass dat one.
i dey tell u bro..that is too sardonic..it really shows they are incompetent in their lecturing duty.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 9:13am On Mar 17, 2016
Oche211:

happy birthday. May Baba God surprise u today.
amen my broda..bros lalasticlala. shuo!,u nor fit use front page grace my post and baiday?..
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by seanwilliam(m): 10:02am On Mar 17, 2016
sholikay:
amen my broda..bros lalasticlala. shuo!,u nor fit use front page grace my post and baiday?..
2day ur baiday? then baibai
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Affable0709(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2016
I'm an aspirant though, I want to ask,
is this in every school?
can one take the risk of not sorting lecturers and still pass?
can nothing be done to stop this corrupt practice?
have student still survived it?
A friend was telling me about the sorting stuff and I felt very uncomfortable, what if you don't have the money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?
A friend was telling me about the sorting stuff and I felt very uncomfortable, what if you don't have the money?
well you can still boycott this frustration,if only you pray and get closer to GOD,to help u scale thru..but you will still experience little sha.(i'm so typing from experience). may GOD help u.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sholikay(m): 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
seanwilliam:
2day ur baiday? then baibai
yes ke..na my baiday ooo..na ajebuta dey call am "birthday." lol
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by AyamConfidence(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Rexphobia(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
I will comment as soon as this meeting is over
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by henrydadon(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
this guy was trying so hard to come up with big grammar but he failed woefully grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by olaniyanblog: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nigerian lecturer be like you will not graduate with first class because I didn't too. Them go cut your grafe on purpose

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by sandraokosun: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
(cool some would molest you if you are a guy (that knws dope) to join their cult group orelse constant intimidation.

(9)some would molest you if you are close to a female student they admire. (i have heard some lecturers say certain students have guts to eat what they eat).

(10)some would molest you if you are too spiritual and your way of life rebukes their evil activities unciounciously.

the above molestations are agents of frustation lecturers also use to frustrate these class of students.

either by running them down at gatherings or given them special frustrating treatment when marking

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by allanphash7(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
Your number 6 really got me LOL

HBD son

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Ramanto(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Bros, no need for an eagle-eye to sight your gbaguns o.even fowl eyes go see them...lol
but u sha try

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by LaRochelle(f): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Throughout my four years in a department in the premier university, none of these ever occurred. It's usually unbelievable shocked when people say stuff like the OP.

PS: Who else has noticed that Nairalanders now hide under the pretext of "I didn't proofread" or "I don't know English well" or something similar to dish out posts that can be said to be written by a junior primary school child, who hasn't been taught punctuation marks and whose vocabulary is severely limited undecided? The OP is a supposed university student, and cannot even construct a pleasing-to-the-eye article? SMH.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Mutuwa(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
The music, Mr lecturer
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Harrisonwo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by cirmuell(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oloriburuku lawon people yen mehn. angry
But ur engrish no be here o sad...HBD btw.smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Mikehell(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
9ja lecturers, been making life a living hell for students since 1963.......But not all lecturers sha

E get one yeye man bcuz d bae no gree for am, the bae carry her course twice d yeye man no stop there; anoda lecturer wey dem be frnd sef fail d bae

If i become a lecturer eehhnn grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Opistorincos(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
lecturer wey go c say na one mark remain make u enta 'D' to avoid extra year buh e no go help u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Ramanto(m): 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?
you must not sort before u can pass. just read hard and you will make it. only the dull ones resort to sorting. there is a reward for hardwork

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by kazyhm(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
Affable0709:
is this in every school?

sure
just don't mix emotions with reading
STAY away from GIRLS, "if you're not mature enough to handle them" they will destroy you academically!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Critiqual(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
And then U started with big grammar
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by rawtouch: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Noted
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by nbright: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
angry angry
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by babyfaceafrica: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nice one 0p ,just be gud and no drag bae with lecturer o
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by Omotayor123(f): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
Point 2 is very common!
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by anochuko01(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
dem no see me harass o! because I no follow chase GP...so no desperation!
even when I answered just 1 outa 7 questions in some exams, I just go my house jeje...
Re: 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. by DaBullIT(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIZIK NNAMDI AZIKIWE 2016 - 2017 DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARKS / 2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Shortlist Is Now Available / LAUTECH: The Best University Indeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.