Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Browsing With An Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Browsing With An Iphone (2570 Views)

This Wedding Was Shot With An Iphone 6s Plus And The Results Are Spectacular / How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Solution To Operamini Browsing With S40 Nokia Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Browsing With An Iphone by akynojo(m): 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2008
How do i make my iphone browse in nigeria plssss
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2008
?
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by DualCore1: 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2008
info:

?

u are under no obligation to reply to all posts, u know. so whenever u're as clueless as u are now about a topic, just walk past it hoping someeone else will come up with something constructive. angry
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 25, 2008
Dual Core:

someeone else will come up with something constructive.  angry

I will await that someone constructive and put it in mind that your not that someone here
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by dragnet: 12:59am On Feb 25, 2008
texazzpete d Iphone man wuld reply ;P
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 25, 2008
@ dragnet

To spread the gospel
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by poske(m): 1:05am On Feb 25, 2008
The first question is does yur iPhone work in nigeri, if it does not work then you need to unlock it please dont ask me where. Secoundly if you need to browse just go to the wifi settings and you can browse the thing is that you need WIFI available where you are, it is not like browsing using gprs. So you get the gist,

Why do people buy the iphone: you may just buy the ITOUCH it will do exactly the same job without the phone utility. The iphone has a touch sensitive screen, so imagine you are talking and your ear touches the face of the phone binko you ring off the phone. Okay if you say you will avoid that by putting on an ear phone. Imagine your phone suddenly rings the way to conveNiently answer it, is by scrambling over your tangled ear phones (imagine what flasher will do to ur life). Atleast if it had bluetooth this would have been avoided.

So what i am trying to say is just buy itouch and you get all the features ipod/browsing except phonecall for that you use your normal brick phone at least you can afford to drop it several times  grin grin
 JUST MY 2 CENTS
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 7:17am On Feb 25, 2008
poske:

The first question is does yur iPhone work in nigeri, if it does not work then you need to unlock it please don't ask me where. Secoundly if you need to browse just go to the wifi settings and you can browse the thing is that you need WIFI available where you are, it is not like browsing using gprs. So you get the gist,

Why do people buy the iphone: you may just buy the ITOUCH it will do exactly the same job without the phone utility. The iphone has a touch sensitive screen, so imagine you are talking and your ear touches the face of the phone binko you ring off the phone. Okay if you say you will avoid that by putting on an ear phone. Imagine your phone suddenly rings the way to conveNiently answer it, is by scrambling over your tangled ear phones (imagine what flasher will do to your life). Atleast if it had bluetooth this would have been avoided.

So what i am trying to say is just buy itouch and you get all the features ipod/browsing except phonecall for that you use your normal brick phone at least you can afford to drop it several times grin grin
JUST MY 2 CENTS

Your '2 Cents' are worthless.

he's asking how he can browse with his iPhone in Nigeria. it stands to reason that his phone has already been unlocked. At the worst case, the WiFi radio doesn't need an unlock for it to work, so even if he hasn't has his phone unlocked, he can still browse with the WiFI.

You know little or nothing about the iPhone. It has a proximity sensor which atomatically switches off the touchscreen as soon as you bring it to your head. There's absolutely no way your head/cheek can end a call with an iPhone.
The iPhone's bluetooth may be limited (at the moment) when it comes to bluetooth file OBEX transfers, but it has ALWAYS supported bluetooth headsets from day one. Any two-bit bluetooth headset will work on the iPhone.

The Iphone is extremely durable for a modern day phone. Check out this article for more proof

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/iphone-review.ars/13

To round it up, i could think of many non-belligerent ways to round my reply up, but i think i've always displayed a total lack of tolerance to people who speak boldly out of ignorance, to people who will NOT check basic facts before spewing crap.

So in keeping with that tradition i must say this: You, my friend, are an idiot!
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2008
akynojo:

How do i make my iphone browse in nigeria plssss

Wifi
Go to Settings > Wifi .
Trun on Wifi and it'll seek out wireless networks nearby.
Tap on the Network name to set password (if it's secured)
Tap on the arrow beside the name to set stuff like proxy etc. If need be.

GPRS
Go to Settings > General > Network >Edge

Enter the APN, username and password
For Celtel i use Apn: internet.ng.celtel.com username: internet Password: internet

MTN's settings are as easy as that, i think.

Glo GPRS isn't that easy thanks to the fact that there's no visible way to enter stuff like IP and Port. There's a guide i wrote here in this phone section on how to configure the phone to use Glo GPRS.
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by dragnet: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2008
I knew it ! cheesy texazz go bambooze poske !
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 25, 2008
@ dragnet

No be only poske he bambooze, he call all him friends  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by DualCore1: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2008
info hide ur face, otherwise: angry
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2008
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the lord is my Shepard
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by poske(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
@texxapete do you work for apple, i am sure you dont even own one share there,

Let me add one thing for those guys who are using their iphone in nigeria dont try to upgrade or click any thing that says upgrade as your hole phone will be locked out, My 10 piee,

tex you can now fireeee, i dey wait. "Nothing dey happen"
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2008
poske:

@texxapete do you work for apple, i am sure you don't even own one share there,

Let me add one thing for those guys who are using their iphone in nigeria don't try to upgrade or click any thing that says upgrade as your hole phone will be locked out, My 10 piee,

No, i don't work for Apple but i own an iPhone.
FYI I also have the good sense not to speak confidently and loudly about things i no next to nothing about.
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by naijafan(m): 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2008
poske:

@texxapete do you work for apple, i am sure you don't even own one share there,

Let me add one thing for those guys who are using their iphone in nigeria don't try to upgrade or click any thing that says upgrade as your hole phone will be locked out, My 10 piee,

Dude, next time, you shld shut your trap and stop being silly. angry

Yes, you can upgrade your phone to the latest firmware version 1.14 without getting it bricked. Even bricked iPhones get unlocked once you connect them to your computer and upgrade them to that firmware. So what the Bleep are you talking about

By the way, when last did you update the firmware of whateva phone you're using?!

@texazzpete
men free this dude jare. e no get job. BTW, i loved your reply. but man, if you had said i was stupid during our last argument, i would've . . .  grin

EDIT
if your iPhone is locked, you can still unlock it by following instructions here
http://www.downloadziphone.org/
http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q108-iphone-114-firmware-update-now-available/

its the firmware version 1.13 that seems to unlock locked iPhones, according to this link. My bad. Just figured i read it on some blog somewhere.
http://gizmodo.com/346239/confirmed-bricked-iphones-rise-from-the-grave-with-firmware-113
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by brauneyes: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2008
I have been the ongoing discussion with interest and i wonder how uncivil we could be sometimes.
The asked a simple question, why bombard him with accusations?
He has the right to buy any phone he wants to.
By the way, how much are those iphones selling for in Naija?
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by brauneyes: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2008
naijafan:

Dude, next time, you shld shut your trap and stop being silly. angry

Yes, you can upgrade your phone to the latest firmware version 1.14 without getting it bricked. Even bricked iPhones get unlocked once you connect them to your computer and upgrade them to that firmware. So what the Bleep are you talking about

By the way, when last did you update the firmware of whateva phone you're using?!

@texazzpete
men free this dude jare. e no get job. BTW, i loved your reply. but man, if you had said i was stupid during our last argument, i would've . . . grin

EDIT
if your iPhone is locked, you can still unlock it by following instructions here
http://www.downloadziphone.org/
http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q108-iphone-114-firmware-update-now-available/

its the firmware version 1.13 that seems to unlock locked iPhones, according to this link. My bad. Just figured i read it on some blog somewhere.
http://gizmodo.com/346239/confirmed-bricked-iphones-rise-from-the-grave-with-firmware-113
FYI firmware 1.1.4 is not available yet. it is scheduled to be released om March 1st
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by ObiTen1(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2008
Apple's blowin up emotions again, na jazz, why's it that people that dont own an Apple product keep comin up with "common sense" reasons why they wouldn't own one, which means ignorant reasons, Anyway, thanks for the inf on the Iphone dawgs.
To Poske, for what its worth, I was kinda like u (only less verbal in my ignorance) until I got my first Ipod and then my Iphone, now, if Apple comes up with a IToilet, I'm buyin that muthafcuka, LOL.
Peace,
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by xmen: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2008
brauneyes:

FYI firmware 1.1.4 is not available yet. it is scheduled to be released om March 1st

Sorry ooo.
FYI iPhone 1.1.4 Update is Out. You can get it now from iTunes.
Check out http://gizmodo.com/360968/iphone-114-update-is-out
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
@brauneyes
have you really been reading this discussion with 'interest'? because if you'd been doing exactly that, you'd see that all the harsh responses haven't been to the guy who asked the original question.
*sigh* seems like poske's not alone. . .

@naijafan
Hmm. . .are you ready to come over to the side of light? The SDK's coming out next week, so expect the iPhone scene to EXPLODE!!!

FWIW, the N95's pretty cool too. been playing around with it recently, and it's good at what it does, i'll give it that!
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by dragnet: 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2008
~no victor~///~no vanquished~
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2008
♠♣♥♦♪♫no dragnet☺ ӘәӨ~no fisherman ỎỐốỒồỔổỖỗỘỚớỜờỞ
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by dragnet: 9:37am On Feb 29, 2008
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by Neoteny(m): 11:34am On Feb 29, 2008
@tezzazzpete
ease up, dude. ignorance isnt idiocy. perhaps he ought to check his facts well first but then we all have that lapse. soemtimes people read engadget (which posts misinfo many times) and take it as gospel truth. others simly copy-paste other forums with essentially the same weakness as ours. its ignorance and laziness, so get off your know-it-all perch and give subhumans a break  grin

meanwhile iphone DOES support OBEX as long as obex is the generic term for object exchange in 802.15 and subsequent subdivision. take a2dp; for the phone to utilize the bluetooth head set it must parse it first and this involves sending bits of binary code as parsing data, in effect object exchange. all bluetooth devices from class 1 to 3 support this, and iphone uses class 2. file transfer is dependent on stack implementation and must not necessarily be native to the protocol. OBEX is broad in the context used; file transfer is what the iphone does not support and file transfer is a subset of obex.

however someone with better grasp of this can correct me where im wrong.
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by naijafan(m): 4:47pm On Feb 29, 2008
texazzpete:

@naijafan
Hmm. . .are you ready to come over to the side of light? The SDK's coming out next week, so expect the iPhone scene to EXPLODE!!!

FWIW, the N95's pretty cool too. been playing around with it recently, and it's good at what it does, i'll give it that!

LOL. Where is the light? grin
Yea. . .I just dont appreciate pple misyarning - just like you dont. I'm really looking forward to the SDK as well, just to know how creative pple will be with their applications. Can tell lots of companies out there are waiting to release official iPhone versions of watever application or service they offer on the Web. Yes, the iPhone scene is gonna explode!
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by cabali(m): 9:27pm On May 30, 2008
Well it is cool what taxazzpete said I will just expatiate.

First off, i-phone dont do wap browsing like so many pdas. Thats why there isnt a place on settings to specify IP address and port. so if u want to browse, u need a network that offers full internet browsing.

Celtel does not offer full browsing anymore! The internet apn has been disabled I guess. so specifying that is a waste of time. Besides u still need the operator to specify the ID that should go with that so forget it.

The best bet is to use a network that does internet or settle for the wi-fi if u can get an unsecured hot spot
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2008
@cabali
You sure about that?

I use
APN: Internet.ng.celtel.com
user & pass: internet

And it works (at least when i'm in Lagos, worked on democracy day in one section of PH)

PS: It seems you have some contact with Celtel. Please, i beg of you, kindly tell the people there that they are a bunch of incompetent ninnies.

Bad enough we get no 3G 2 years after the trials, but GPRS in PH is fubar. Network quality is abysmal and if i receive any more SMS telling me to sign up for a game show or chat or some other crap, i'm gonna go postal.

Thanks grin
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by sect(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2008
So your internet.ng.celtel.com still works! ! I'll call dat luck. I wish mine still works even if its chargeable,atleast i could send and recieve nails directly on my phone.
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by sect(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2008
Lol i meant mails not nails
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by texazzpete(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2008
lol
It worked 2 days ago, dunno what cabali has done grin

And yes, it is chargeable. 10K per kb isn't too bad for me when i need to do GPRS stuff.
Re: Browsing With An Iphone by dragnet: 6:10pm On May 31, 2008
texazzpete, u shuldnt have made it public. They've been on a wild chase to deactivate internet activatd lines

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Btw Samsung Galaxy And Blackberry? / Reserve Your Glo 0905 New Number Series Ahead Of Launch / Download Nova Louncher Prime V5.0.1 Apk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.