Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Least Read Book Of The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Least Read Book Of The Bible? (1330 Views)

What Is The Book Of Enoch And Should It Be In The Bible? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / A Must Read Book "every Satan Has A Human Face" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by Joey82(m): 8:49am On Jan 06, 2013
I've been listening to preachers teach, i've been following lots of daily devotionals both online and in hard copy.
But i've never heard any man of God quote the book of Nahum.
Is it that there is hardly any reasonable stuff to teach from this book?
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by ATMC(f): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2013
Find out for yourself, read it and see if you could find any reasonable thing in there, then come and share with us cheesy
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by Joey82(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
@ATMC,
I just started reading it today and found its interesting afterall.
it talks so much about the virtues of God, lots of lessons there in.
that's y i wonder y i'v never heard/seen any preacher mention it.
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by ATMC(f): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
In dt case, i'll join you to read... cheesy
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by mollie12: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
No? But that's where the oft-quoted "Afflictions shall not rise a second time" comes from.

Nahum was basically a prophet that fore told of the destruction of the city of Nineveh.

1 Like

Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Song of solomon
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by Joey82(m): 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
@ATMC,

pls do, u,ll find it worth while.
@Mollie.
i'v not gotten to that verse u quoted
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Joey82: I've been listening to preachers teach, i've been following lots of daily devotionals both online and in hard copy.
But i've never heard any man of God quote the book of Nahum.
Is it that there is hardly any reasonable stuff to teach from this book?
ARE YOU SERIOUS ? THE BOOK OF NAHUM IS PACKED WITH GEMS. IF YOU ASK ME PERSONALLY MY LEAST READ BOOKS ARE ESTHER AND JONAH
Re: The Least Read Book Of The Bible? by Joey82(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2013
@Obadiah,

A lot is read/said about Esther out there maybe because their story is a bit personal and men of God use these as stories to inspire their congregations.
as for Nahum he dwelt so much at first on the virtues of God and later on the destruction of Nineveh.
Maybe if his book had a personal story, it will be quoted more often.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? / The Attack On Nairaland Was Spiritual / How Nigerian Pastors Are Encouraging Corruption & Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.