Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? (1299 Views)

Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Please i am a little confused here, i used to be of the opinion that satan was the evil one, but i can't seem to find any bible passages to back up my claim, on the other hand yahweh has been the one doing the killing, stealing and destroying.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill
every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls
who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
"
(Moses - Numbers 31:17)

"And the LORD said unto me, 'Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all
his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as
thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon'.......
And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon,
utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city."
(Deuteronomy 3:2-6)

"This is what the LORD says: Now go and smite Amalek, and
utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both
man and woman,
infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass ....'
And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."
(1 Samuel 15:3,7-cool

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with
her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I
will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that
I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every
one of you according to your works." (Jesus - Revelation 2:22-23)
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
Update yourself Bro. The old testament is all about the Jewish God Yahweh and is a lesson for us Christians in this new dispensation on how willing The New Testament God 'Jesus Papa' is willing to fight and protect those He loves.

The Old Testament shouldn't be taken literally, at least the parts that don't make sense. Nobody really died. wink
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
aManFromMars: Update yourself Bro. The old testament is all about the Jewish God Yahweh and is a lesson for us Christians in this new dispensation on how willing The New Testament God 'Jesus Papa' is willing to fight and protect those He loves.

The Old Testament shouldn't be taken literally, at least the parts that don't make sense. Nobody really died. wink

The last passage is in the new testament
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

The last passage is in the new testament
Erm, read the verse in context.

Revelations 2:
18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. 20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. 24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you, 25 except to hold on to what you have until I come.’26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Recompense Bro meted out by J-Baba the Christ.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
aManFromMars:
Recompense Bro meted out by J-Baba the Christ.

Doesn't still explain why the innocent children should die because of the sins of their parents, i thought that ended with the death of jesus undecided
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
another word for christianity is confusion.

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
And No one has addressed the main issue, How did the devil steal, kill and destroy?, when yahweh did most of the killing, stealing, destroying and even worse.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Doesn't still explain why the innocent children should die because of the sins of their parents, i thought that ended with the death of jesus undecided
Well, you'll have to define innocence then. A young girl gets pregnant and drops the kid in the dustbin. Is the kid innocent? No one's innocent in the sense that we're all affected by someone else's decision one way or the other, just as we share similar genes with our forebears.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
aManFromMars:
Well, you'll have to define innocence then. A young girl gets pregnant and drops the kid in the dustbin. Is the kid innocent? No one's innocent in the sense that we're all affected by someone else's decision one way or the other, just as we share similar genes with our forebears.

So you mean if my parents committed adultery to give birth to me, Na one way to hell cry
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

So you mean if my parents committed adultery to give birth to me, Na one way to hell cry
Yup. unless you believe a crucifixion ages back already paid the price for you to heaven. cool

Are you ready to believe?
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 12:00am On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:
Yup. unless you believe a crucifixion ages back already paid the price for you to heaven. cool

Are you ready to believe?

I am more interested in verses where the devil stole, killed and destroyed tongue
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 06, 2013
O.T.I.S:
another word for christianity is confusion.
look jesus never called us christains, pagans did, we are known as children of the most high, sons of God.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 06, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

I am more interested in verses where the devil stole, killed and destroyed tongue
Read the book of job tongue cool

Checkmate
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 06, 2013
Maybe these satan worshippers should as their oldest failure why he choose to kill,steal and destroy, but jesus overcame him by his blood, jesus came that we will have life more abundantly.. Satan dey learn work.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 12:33am On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:
Read the book of job tongue cool

Checkmate

That was under yahweh's supervision

check mate tongue
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 06, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

That was under yahweh's supervision

check mate tongue

Police need a search warrant from the judge to search your place, doesn't mean the judge searches it himself. The police have got to do their work.

Checkmate---d.
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

Police need a search warrant from the judge to search your place, doesn't mean the judge searches it himself. The police have got to do their work.

Checkmate---d.

lmao grin
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by wiegraf: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2013
And that siri line....

But on a serious note, it is true...
Re: Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? by MonsieurCoder: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2013
I like how the christians have ignored this thread. grin

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Dey O, Video Of Hon. Olusola Israel Adekunle Performing Rituals In Lagos / Someone Please Explain Deuteronomy 14:23-26 / God’s General: Kathryn Kuhlman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.