Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,478 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria (30479 Views)

Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / Two Chadian Army Helicopters Bomb Boko Haram Locations In Nigeria / Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
Mape

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2013

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Usman lake

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:06am On Jan 07, 2013
I think we have to do a bit more in maintaining our open spaces, and making them look pristine and well manicured.....like you find in other cities like London and Washington.

2 Likes

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2013
our lady queen of Nigeria catholic church

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:15am On Jan 07, 2013
Jumu'at mosque

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2013
untitled

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by autchman144(m): 12:32am On Jan 07, 2013
ACM10: untitled
united nations office

1 Like

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:42am On Jan 07, 2013
autchman144:
united nations office
Thanks cool
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:43am On Jan 07, 2013
Untitled

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2013
University of Abuja

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:49am On Jan 07, 2013
There are several other beautiful sites and locations in Abuja that I could not identify. I will still come back to Abuja later. I'm moving on to my next destination. . .Guess? wink
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2013
[size=28pt]LAGOS![/size] The former capital of Nigeria. One of the most populous cities in the world. The center of excellence.

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:06am On Jan 07, 2013
Murtala Muhammed Int'l airport

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:10am On Jan 07, 2013
MMIA

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:14am On Jan 07, 2013
I have a feeling that this cloudy zone of MMIA was intentionally done for security purposes smiley

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by 14(m): 1:20am On Jan 07, 2013
Google Street only Available in South Africa and Botswana in the African continent. Its way much better than this.
Go to www.vpike.com to experience it, it out of this world. They have covered the whole of SA at the moment, any street in SA.
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:23am On Jan 07, 2013
1,2:
Google Street only Available in South Africa and Botswana in the African continent. Its way much better than this.
Go to www.vpike.com to experience it, it out of this world. They have covered the whole of SA at the moment, any street in SA.
Our focus here is on Nigeria not SA
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by naptu2: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2013
The area above MMIA and Dodan Barracks always seems to be cloudy. I've only ever seen a clear satellite pic of Dodan Barracks once.

One of my favourite pics of Lagos is the satellite pic of Wilmot Point (showing NNS Aradu and NNS Obuma).
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:26am On Jan 07, 2013
The visibility here in Lagos is poor. I can't gaze beneath these clouds. But I will do my best.

Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:30am On Jan 07, 2013
naptu2: The area above MMIA and Dodan Barracks always seems to be cloudy. I've only ever seen a clear satellite pic of Dodan Barracks once.

One of my favourite pics of Lagos is the satellite pic of Wilmot Point (showing NNS Aradu and NNS Obuma).
I wonder why it is so. I think that those areas were intentionally screened due to its sensitive nature
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by niggadee(m): 1:31am On Jan 07, 2013
bordw: This is a sign that the world will soon come to an end . So we must be born again and give our live to Jesus christ
are u mad ?
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by 14(m): 1:37am On Jan 07, 2013
ACM10:
Our focus here is on Nigeria not SA
I know, I was just letting you know about the Google street view. After hearing someone talked about it. Hopefully it will come soon in Nigeria, when it does come, you will forget about Google Map.
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by ACM10: 1:40am On Jan 07, 2013
1,2:

I know, I was just letting you know about the Google street view. After hearing someone talked about it. Hopefully it will come soon in Nigeria, when it does come, you will forget about Google Map.
I know about it. I use it to meander virtually through the streets of US. I love it. But, Google map is the best we can get now
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by victorious1986: 2:19am On Jan 07, 2013
ACM10: National Hospital Abuja
cool
ACM10: National Hospital Abuja
yea me too
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by cfours: 2:43am On Jan 07, 2013
I wonder when we'll have the street-view option grin
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by dabigwalls: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2013
Mavor: You should remove this.

Quite ignorant a post I must say. Tell that to Google not to the free user of open info they provided to
6 billion people!
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by Rexphobia(m): 8:02am On Jan 07, 2013
look at the time stamps on most of the images...it's far from current. Lasgidi: imagery date 2008 angry
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by omowolewa: 8:03am On Jan 07, 2013
Informative! How can I locate my house on google map. I can't find it.
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by naptu2: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2013
omowolewa: Informative! How can I locate my house on google map. I can't find it.

Find the nearest landmark to your house (stadium, hill, body of water, etc) and track the way to your house using roads, etc.

For example, if you live in Surulere, you can search for the National Stadium and then track the way to your house using Western Avenue as a guide.
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by Jibson999(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2013
Pls someone should post the popular wuse market abuja, thanks
Re: Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 8:47am On Jan 07, 2013
Keep it coming...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Policemen Beating Up A Man This Morning / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Buratai's Convoy Was Blocked In Abuja Yesterday - Harun Elbinawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.