Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service (688 Views)

Marriage To A Non-muslim / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by tbaba1234: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
This is not a common activity in Nigeria but in the US, Non muslims often attend jumaah service. It is an excellent form of Dawaah, i think.

They are given a chair at the back to observe and they can approach the imam or someone knowledgeable afterwards to ask questions... I am sure many non-muslims are curious but do not know if they would be welcome.

I used to take my friend to the iftar at the mosque during ramadan and he used to observe the magrib prayers.

Have you ever taken a non-muslim friend to observe the jumaah service?
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by WMD(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
hehehehe abeg no try that one 4 naija else your friend's head will be used to feed vultures
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by tbaba1234: 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Not true,

1 Like

Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by tchaik(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
tbaba1234: This is not a common activity in Nigeria but in the US, Non muslims often attend jumaah service. It is an excellent form of Dawaah, i think.

They are given a chair at the back to observe and they can approach the imam or someone knowledgeable afterwards to ask questions... I am sure many non-muslims are curious but do not know if they would be welcome.

I used to take my friend to the iftar at the mosque during ramadan and he used to observe the magrib prayers.

Have you ever taken a non-muslim friend to observe the jumaah service?

S'aid (a Muslim friend) used to invite me those days! He even bought English Koran for me!
I went only once, but I always observe muslims pray!

If every Nigerian (xtians/muslims) should behave like S'aid, this country will be heaven on earth. Sooo upright *just thinking out loud*
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by Maisuya1: 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
When I was boy, I remember my dad and his Christian friend used to attend ramadaan tafsir/Quran lectures together....
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by BetaThings: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
WMD: hehehehe abeg no try that one 4 naija else your friend's head will be used to feed vultures
Is this statement based on personal experience?
You are making it look like that there are no mixed marriages in Nigeria
I cannot imagine anyone attacking a Christian in any mosque that I have attended
You will also recall that a Christian girl attended a Jumaah service, although dressed as a Muslim
She was discovered when instead of going into prostration with others during the prayer, she started abusing Islam, declaring the muslims as being misguided and praising Christianity
If muslims were so violent, I am not sure that she would have ventured near a mosque without being invited
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by maclatunji: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
^You are probably talking about the University of Ibadan incidence. The girl wasn't invited but was an overzealous evangelical.
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by BetaThings: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2013
^^^^^
Yes, that is what I am talking about. And I am saying she was not invited
Otherwise there would have been no issue of being discovered.
She might not even have needed to dress as a muslim

But my point is IF muslims were violent, she would only go to a mosque (and still risk her life) only based on an invitation
Re: Non-muslim Attending Jumaah Service by mu2sa2: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2013
This happened at a mosque here in nigeria: After afternoon prayers a woman stood at the doorway of d mosque and announced, "I am a xtian". She then xplained how she lost all her goods and money the previous day while returning from a biz trip. Muslims gave her money without even asking a question from the woman about her faith or genuineness of her story. This is d true spirit of islam.

(1) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: Abdul Haji Recounts Rescuing Westgate Hostages / Japanese Buddhist Doctor Embraces Islam / Hijab: Between Fact And Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.