Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (19216 Views)

Marriage To A Non-muslim / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Deen4me(m): 5:42pm On May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAQnzfAo0g

This is a typical example of how the media is targeting Islam and Muslims

No Media outlet bothered to cover this incident.

Now Imagine if the Man was muslim...

Food For Thought

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by olajide21: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Deen4me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAQnzfAo0g

This is a typical example of how the media is targeting Islam and Muslims

No Media outlet bothered to cover this incident.

Now Imagine if the Man was muslim...

Food For Thought

Imagine if the guy was a Muslim!!!!!!The TV screens would have run continuously discussing the incidence. When a Crime is committed by a Muslim, the whole world sees everything bad in it, they attack the criminal, attack his family and the Umah.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by BetaThings: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Look at this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1124871/indian-village-bans-use-cellphones
A measure was taken by a community who happened to be muslims
But they did not say it was done because of Islam
Christians piled in, abusing Islam
Even if it was done in the name of Islam, why is it so offensive and this is not?

Now these lovers of rights of others are avoiding this thread
Why?
Because they are not interested in justice or condemnation of crime
They are only after the skin of Muslims

This happened in India, but it is not newsworthy on Nairaland. Why?
Because the offenders are NOT muslims

http://news.yahoo.com/american-tourist-gang-raped-northern-india-police-134622204.html?pt=tAD2SCT8P7
American tourist gang-raped in India!

SHIMLA, India (Reuters) - An American tourist was gang-raped by a group of men in a hill resort in northern India, police said on Tuesday, in the latest of a series of attacks that have thrown the spotlight on women's safety in the world's largest democracy.

In March, a Swiss tourist was gang-raped while on a camping trip in a forest in the central state of Madhya Pradesh. In the same month, a British woman jumped out of her hotel balcony in Uttar Pradesh state to escape a feared sexual assault.

Sex crimes are common in India. The National Crime Records Bureau says more than 24,200 rapes were reported across the country in 2011 -- about one every 20 minutes.

"Women should observe stringent security precautions, including avoiding use of public transport after dark without the company of known and trustworthy companions," according to a U.S. State Department travel advisory for India.

Police are investigating the alleged rape of a 21-year-old Irish woman working as a volunteer with a non-governmental organization in West Bengal at the weekend.

The gang rape of a 23-year-old Indian woman on a bus on December 16 in New Delhi brought thousands of people onto the streets in protest, demanding better policing to prevent sex crimes. The trainee physiotherapist later died from her injuries.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by vedaxcool(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2013
Really this simply shows the hypocrites in every shade of grey, they seek to extinguish the light of Allah, nay Allah perfects it. Like this story comes to mind;

www.nairaland.com/1155209/british-national-partys-campaign-against
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2013
christians = hypocrites?

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by vedaxcool(m): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2013
Jon.Bee:
christians = hypocrites?

Nope! The hypocrites are those who finds a fault on one issue and looks the other way when the same issue comes but differing roles!

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by ayinba1(f): 2:06am On Jun 08, 2013
This happened in 2011. I do not know how much coverage it got then, however a search fot this news items today brings up articles from 2011.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 3:50am On Jun 08, 2013
A week before the Boston bombing, a ukranian rutgers student was caught with IEDs in New york. No one heard anything about it. It only came out after the boston incident.

If he was a muslim, it will be all over the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315007/Ukrainian-Rutgers-student-arrested-taking-IEDs-New-York-just-week-Boston-Marathon-bombing.html

Based on the kind of media coverage, who would think that 88% of all terrorist attacks since 1995 were actually carried out by non muslims. http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/04/19/467384/chart-right-wing-extremism-terror-threat-oklahoma-city/?mobile=nc

Even at that, most of the 'terror plots' are actually entrapment. They send their agents to the mosques. Most mosques in the US are bugged. They get a naive kid, wind him up about Jihad and all, help him set up a terror plot and then catch him.

This kid would never have thought of this kind of plot on his own and he probably didn't have good Islamic knowledge to begin with..

If a 'brother' comes to you and start talking about fighting and Jihad etc in the US, he is probably working for the FBI. Now if you try to explain the correct understanding to him and he decides to excuse himself from that discussion, you have your mole .

There has been cases where the FBI mole was actually reported to the FBI by the muslim community. grin

http://www.newser.com/story/106906/mosque-reports-scary-fbi-mole-to-fbi.html
http://ca.cair.com/losangeles/news/calif._mosque_mole_erodes_trust_between_muslims_fbi

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
119 views only 8 post, where r the haters of violence? More eyes have looked at this thread and silently creep away, the hypocrites that encourage muslims to condemn violence have probably read this thread and avoided responding. I will have to start a thread, what if they were muslims? Since atheist and christian apparently prefer looking the other way whenever crimes done by their co - travellers are reported!

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Another one, today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22823290

If he was a muslim, they will replace gunman with terrorist.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
The warning was clear even before i type anything that i better not say anything "offensive" so as not to get a ban.
I thought we had freedom of speech! I thought seun struck down rule 17? And what do you precisely mean by the term "offensive"? Smh
Anyway, mr poster, i think the reason is that, that of the "religion" is far more deadly than the others. My opinion though!

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by oshea44: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
its not about the media culture, everyone knows must terror act committed are muslims, so why wouldnt they showcase on TV every second...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by bootlegaz: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
Muslims are not terrorist but Muslim swear to Islam before committing terror. So far I applaud muslims from south west and Auchi area of edo state for their tolerance of other religion. After the retaliation by muslims for a mere Cartoon depicting Muhammed, I despised that religion.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by 50calibre(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
Because the real Muslims regard those non-terrorist Muslims as hypocrites. They take them as people who aren't following the mandate of Islam to go out and kill others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by ebucha: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
Off point
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by theripper2: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
These lily-livered muslims should stop whining, we know those who would get the virgins and make heaven filled with non-alcoholic wine. Definately not the moderate ones.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
oshea44: its not about the media culture, everyone knows must terror act committed her muslims, so why would they showcase on TV every second...

You are deliberately missing the point. Why are the "few" non-Muslim terrorists not given extended and detailed coverage by the media is the question.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
Which media are you talking about? You should send the video or story to Aljazeera or Sahara reporters. Are they not your people? 99% of terrorism committed all over the world is committed by muslems. Check history.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by SURYSuri(f): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
Allah is indeed sufficient for us and will save the Muslims from the hypocrites!

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by bory09(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Who are boko haram, al queda, al shabab and Tuareg including hezbollah, these answer the question

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Oh please! Not another poor us Muslims thread.

I guess you were not born when the IRA was getting all the news or when troubles between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland were in the news week after week.

Please this your sob stories are getting old jor.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by toshmann(m): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
BetaThings:

This happened in India, but it is not newsworthy on Nairaland. Why?
Because the offenders are NOT muslims

http://news.yahoo.com/american-tourist-gang-raped-northern-india-police-134622204.html?pt=tAD2SCT8P7
American tourist gang-raped in India!

Is it possible that the highlighted part is why it wasn't emphasized in nairaland ?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by maclatunji: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lord_Reed: Oh please! Not another poor us Muslims thread.

I guess you were not born when the IRA was getting all the news or when troubles between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland were in the news week after week.

It is a simple question, if you don't have the answer, you can keep quiet.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Paschal007: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
I don't understand. If these terror acts were not covered by media how are you guys able to report it?

The gun violence in America are usually well detailed and covered by the media. You terrorist sympathizers can do better now. undecided

Besides no one is stopping you from running ya own media.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by toshmann(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lord_Reed: Oh please! Not another poor us Muslims thread.

Please educate them. What about the guerrillas of South America that got so much coverage in the 80s and 90s

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Samsantos9: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Policewoman(f): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
Because they kill in the name of a Religion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by toshmann(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234: Another one, today

A gunman is someone who for some reason has gone crazy and is shooting and killing people.

A terrorist has an agenda. Usually not acting alone. Intends to affect policy decision via violence.

The Muslim who went crazy in Texas fort hood massacre is yet to be convicted (I guess). The justice department is yet to classify him as terrorist bc his actions are yet to be fully defined as terrorism. And he's a Muslim o.

So the terminology ( terrorist vs gunman ) depends on the motive of the violence. But let me ask, is tht your main problem? Whether gunman or terrorist, the name is of little importance to me. They are both despicable. So there's no advantage therein for either nomenclature.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by colombiana: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
tbaba1234: Another one, today

so up till now u neva get sense did the gunman shout Jesus before acting. Its cuz too many innocent lifes has being brutally taken in the name of ur god so whose to blame,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by ypeace: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Which media are you talking about? You should send the video or story to Aljazeera or Sahara reporters. Are they not your people? 99% of terrorism committed all over the world is committed by muslems. Check history.
r3ally? i tonk u shud check history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" / Take Advantage Of "5" Before "5" / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.