|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,710,510 members, 6,401,328 topics. Date: Friday, 23 July 2021 at 08:56 PM
|What To Eat In Order To Be Healthy by ibietela2(m): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2013|
Every human being needs good food in order to grow well, stay healthy and work hard. Many common sickness we are suffering today come from man’s inability to eat enough food the body needs.
A person is said to be malnourished or suffer from malnutrition when he or she do not feed well :-( , eat the right foods ;-) . Poor nutrition can cause the following health issues.
1. Loss of appetite
2. Liver disease
3. Stomach ulcer
4. Sore tongue
5. Numbness of the feet
7. Stomach discomfort
8. Weakness and tiredness
9. Sore in the corners of the mouth.
Poor Nutrition can cause the following health problems in children.
1. Failure of a child to grow well or gain weight normally.
2. They will suffer from Kwashiorkor
3. Night blindness.
4. Lack of energy which makes the child sad and he or she can not play.
5. Straightening, thinning, loss of ones color and shine and hair loss.
6. Slowness in thinking, walking or talking.
Poor nutrition during pregnancy can also cause weakness and anemia to the pregnant woman and increase the risk of her death during child birth. It is also the cause of some babies being dead, miscarriages, a defective child or a very small child.
Poor nutrition also weakens the ability of the body to resist diseases and infections but eating right helps the body fight sickness and also help in quick recovery :-) .
Sick children needs nutritious food and if a sick child does not eat, please try and encourage him to do so as a mother ;-) because;
1. Tuberculosis is more common and gets worse rapidly in those that dont feed well :-( .
2. Measles is also dangerous especially in children that does not feed very well.
3. Poorly nourished children are much more likely to get severe diarrhea and die from it than children who are well nourished.
The bes guarantees of a good health are eating well and keeping it clean ;-) . Malnutrition is dangerous especially for ;-
1. Elderly persons: because they lose their teeth often and loss their taste for food but they need to eat well so as to stay healthy.
2. Women who are at the age of be bearing kids and especially if they are breast feeding or pregnant because they need extra food to have healthy babies, stay health and do daily work.
3. Children_ because they need a lot of food to stay healthy and grow well.
Note: A malnourished child cannot grow well. He used to be shotter and thinner than other children. He also cries a lot and often get sick.
How to Prevent Malnutrition: In order to stay healthy, our body needs a lot of good foods. We need energy food to keep our body strong and active as well as helper foods and protective foods. So we need to eat a combination of foods each day. Examples of enery giving foods are: wheat, rice, cassava, maize, bread, fruit, millet, potato etc.
Examples of helper foods are: Groundnuts, peanuts, beans, vegetable oil, milk, eggs, chicken.
Examples of protective foods are: green leafy vegetables, orange, yellow fruits etc… Protective foods supply the body important vitamins and minerals.
To stay Healthy, eat right foods: The main food you eat usually provides most of the body’s energy and other nutritional needs and by adding helper foods to the main food, you can make low cost nutritious meals. You dont have to eat all food that are listed here in order to be healthy rather eat any main food you are accustomed to and add any helper foods that is in your area. Try to include helper foods often.
|Re: What To Eat In Order To Be Healthy by Dailyschoolnews: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2013|
Wonderful tutorial, thanks alot Admin of healthable, i do appreciate it.
thanks alot, this is great.
|Re: What To Eat In Order To Be Healthy by ibietela2(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2013|
Dailyschoolnews: Wonderful tutorial, thanks alot Admin of healthable, i do appreciate it.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55