Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Do You Deal With Procastination?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do You Deal With Procastination?? (7354 Views)

Three Ways To Deal With Arrogant People / How To Deal With Critics And Rejection / Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone And Deal With The Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yeah i know most people would say am way too lazy. Yes i do accept that. I have an unfinished book that I have been writing for eternity now. I got Lofty ideas, good storyline and all things summed up in my head but procastination has been hindering me from touching the final line.
Am always giving the excuses- my laptop ain't with me, i can't write on just paper alone ....it ain't easy to edit....but all these are just flimsy excuses i know.

If i may ask, How do you deal with procastination?

I know understanding the situation is important but I don't mind if we could share practical "local" ideas..[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
*speechless*

Thank U Father!
I can't believe i came first!

*takes akeregbe, and fills it with palmwine, then sits down to watch the rest of the thread*

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Horlawoomey(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
I deal with procastination when i think about the consequence of failure. . . . . . . . I fear failure. . . . . . .WOW 2ND TO COMMENT

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by iamswizz(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
i am not trying to say i'm the 3rd to comment(before dem ban me)... but im not the last either...

Dealing with procrastination requires a lot of determination and focus....

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Kidae: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am da first 2 comment

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
By making a sub-conscious timetable,which I adhere to religiously.
Procastination kills time,and mustnt be encourage at all.set a target,and go for it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*

Thank U Father!

*takes akeregbe, and fills it with palmwine, then sits down to watch the rest of the thread*

Meanwhile,there's only one way to deal with Procrastination...

DO WHAT U GOTTA DO!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by eduson33(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
Horlawoomey: I deal with procastination when i think about the consequence of failure. . . . . . . . I fear failure. . . . . . .WOW 2ND TO COMMENT
***Justifiable.***
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
iamswizz: .

*speechless*

u came 3rd, we don see una.
Now pls get rid of dat dot, and say sumfin.
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Ganys: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
i set my goals each time i wake up every morning and makes sure i achieve at least 90% of such goals. it takes self disciplne to battle procrastination cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by eduson33(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by vanstanzy(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
I instantly get to work on what i have been procrastinating on, so that procrastination doesn't get the better of me. Most times when i procrastinate, i end up regretting it, and am like "had i known, i would have done it earlier."
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Horlawoomey: I deal with procastination when i think about the consequence of failure. . . . . . . . I fear failure. . . . . . .WOW 2ND TO COMMENT

*speechless*

welcome to the table.
Let's break Kolanut. TemmyG,where r u too?
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Kidae: Am da first 2 comment

*speechless*

pls go back to sleep, then wake up again!
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Davijunson: 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
@poster, thanks for raising this topic, cos d same applies to me...i really need serious advice on how to stop d stupid act.
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
eduson33: .

*speechless*

u too dey book space?
Okay we don see u, open ur mouth and talk beta thing!
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by vanstanzy(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*

Thank U Father!

Tell me, is there any prize for this?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
*speechless*

Procrastination is a thief of time!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by vanstanzy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Davijunson: @poster, thanks for raising this topic, cos d same applies to me...i really need serious advice on how to stop d stupid act.

Act like NIKE! JUST DO IT!
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by greatgod2012(f): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
Determine and decide to be more disciplined and goal oriented.

In other words..........it takes DECISION AND DETERMINATION

May God help you.
May God help you!
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by anelka101(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
@poster, thanks for raising this topic, cos d
same applies to me...i really need serious
advice on how to stop d silly act.

shotup no be you alone, cant you see its a little problem that affects everybody, if you only want to watch without contributing, who will? and how will we find the lasting solution to the problem

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by LeBlack: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
mdsocks: Yeah i know most people would say am way too lazy. Yes i do accept that. I have an unfinished book that I have been writing for eternity now. I got Lofty ideas, good storyline and all things summed up in my head but procastination has been hindering me from touching the final line.
Am always giving the excuses- my laptop ain't with me, i can't write on just paper alone ....it ain't easy to edit....but all these are just flimsy excuses i know.

If i may ask, How do you deal with procastination?

I know understanding the situation is important but I don't mind if we could share practical "local" ideas..

Davijunson: @poster, thanks for raising this topic, cos d same applies to me...i really need serious advice on how to stop d stupid act.

I found some tips that helped me from this article: How Can I Stop Procrastinating? Hope it helps
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
vanstanzy:

Tell me, is there any prize for this?

*speechless*

Pls wait while ur Transaction is processing!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by infobiz9ja(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:

*speechless*

Pls wait while ur Transaction is processing!

Lol cheesy ATM things. grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Lobolintin(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
ADVERT PLACEMENT
ASK GOOGLE
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
anelka101: @poster, thanks for raising this topic, cos d
same applies to me...i really need serious
advice on how to stop d silly act.

shotup no be you alone, cant you see its a little problem that affects everybody, if you only want to watch without contributing, who will? and how will we find the lasting solution to the problem

*speechless*
What is this one saying?
U thanked the OP at some point, then told him to shut up abi na SHOT up?
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by 80million1: 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
grin grin grin[quote author=infobiz9ja]

Lol cheesy ATM thingsgrin

grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by Zico0(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
When we procrastinate there is a setback. To solve procrastination;
STEP 1: if yu procrastinate yu shuld be able to identify the setback (consequence) that follows i.e beware of failures and the procrastinations that led to them.

Step 2: thay way, with practice you can envision setbacks,calculate the risks and determine if you can afford the consequence if yu slack.
By this, you can control procrastination. For me i tell myself, "i go rush do this one, free the next one tie 2moro" and it motivates me. Its just my theory by the way.
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by imeller: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
if you take GanJa, stop it completely- Thats about 50% reduction instantly in Procrastination. If you take any HIGHS stop it completely also

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by ujoatu(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*

Thank U Father!

father lord,pl biko abeg banish joblessness from naija ijn,amen
Re: How Do You Deal With Procastination?? by k9ine(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*

Thank U Father!

What class are you , JS or SS?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Website For Downloading Novels For Free / Nnedi Okorafor Called A Witch By A Nigerian Man Via E-mail / Devil And The Deep Blue Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.