Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up (11502 Views)

Pictures Of Bugatti Veyron Made Of Gold Owned By Flo Rida / List the Cars you Have Owned and Post a Photo of your Current Car / Names of Cars You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Archmed(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
as kids...my friends and I saw J-5 as the fastest automobile on the planet.I always imagine myself driving it in d nyt b4 going to bed and in d mornin afta wakin up....*kids*
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Henrick007: 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
limousine
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Destinedprince(m): 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
I hvn't c bike talkmore of car but hope to be a car owner one day with the latest honda product.thinkin of car to ride hmmm...till the time comes
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
im still growing up.........a range rover would be nice cheesy cheesy
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ITbomb(m): 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
Archmed: as kids...my friends and I saw J-5 as the fastest automobile on the planet.I always imagine myself driving it in d nyt b4 going to bed and in d mornin afta wakin up....*kids*
J5 was the perfect public transporter with enough head room , not these ones they cram people in.
I just wondered why it swerved on high speed
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Psaalmuel(m): 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
A car wit 10 wheels
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by musajohn80: 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
LAND CRUISER. THIS WAS IN THE LATE 80'S. I PLAN TO BUY THE LATEST EDITION WHEN EVER IT IS CONVENIENT.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by lekzwyc(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
Daewoo racer
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by dramendra: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2013
I wish I had the nissan top light.. White and tinny.. That if james bond ins the 80's
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 23, 2013
The Rolls Royce Silver Spur still does it for me. I remember vividly that Otunba Subomi Balogun and FRA Williams had this wonderful piece of machinery in their garrages and for me, it represented everything that was old money and class. The Rolls Royce brand is something I still consider aspirational even though some "money miss road" guys are jumping on the band wagon. Another car was the Porsche 911(1988 I think). A true, classic roadster. My brother In law, an aircraft pilot used to have one back then in the 90s.Ferrari Testarosa and the Lamboghini Diablo piqued my attention at a point. Especially when I saw some Hausa boys at the Toll gate in Ibadan circa 1997 revving this babies. My friend tried to chase these babies with his 505 with me egging him on but "for where?". Those beauties move really fast.
yungboss: hi everyone,
i just want to know...what car(s) did you wish to own or drive in your growing up years?

The cars that caught my eyes and wished i had were these:
Mercedes W123 aka regular, 126 aka concord and Morris (lol). I used to always see one and i liked the uncommon look and the 'morris' tag on the hood of the car!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2013
I have told myself, i will possess whatever i desire rightly in life.

So i dont have time for wishes. So it will be. I love range rover, bently, rolls royce and buggatti.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Cuddlemii: 12:41am On Feb 23, 2013
Peugeot 504
Daewoo racer
Tico
Mercedes benz 280e
Acura legend
Passat
Beetle(Ijapa)
Pajero
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by rocka: 2:47am On Feb 23, 2013
Mine is the Toyota Supra. That car was sexy as hell.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 23, 2013
Wallie: MB SL500...the car that started it all! Around 1990, I attended a car show in Lagos that had the car on display. I'm going to go test drive one this weekend but I'm afraid of owning a 20 year old luxury car that will cost a fortune to fix.
Am a fan of that 'Silver Arrow' edition used in the 'Rollout' music video by ludacris.

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 23, 2013
Who remembers the car that 7up was giving away with the fido dido promo back in the day?

Daewoo racer!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by OLEBRUKU(m): 5:05am On Feb 23, 2013
Toyota Camry 2.2, eeeh, na chineke m eeeeh! I so much luv dis car till today.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by azpekuliar: 5:51am On Feb 23, 2013
As a kid I was easily blown away by the Volkswagen Santana. And then later by the Volkswagen Jetta Executive.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by azpekuliar: 5:57am On Feb 23, 2013
Find Out!:
Several cars o.lol. No be today wey me & my bro begin dey love cars. I can remember seeing some cars pass by & just wishing they belonged to my parents.

Those that stand out tho:

- Honda Accord 1990 -1993 model (Honda Halla) : Loved this car soooo much but the folks never bought it sad I guess it shouldnt be surprising that I transferred that love to its much advanced look-alike grandson; the 98-2002 Accord (Babyboy). Up until last year, I'll probably still choose a Babyboy over a Honda EOD anyday. Just give me an EX trim with manual transmission, I'm good to go smiley But now, I think I'll prefer the EOD EX with manual tranny

- Toyota Previa : Seriously, the designer of that minivan came from the future. That ride is one beautiful piece of Japanese engineering that came way before its time. Still got 'respect love' for that ride till now, however, 'ownership love' has been transferred to the first generation Sienna. I love that minivan dieee. Again, just hand me the keys to a 2002 XLE Sienna & I'm alright. Acceleration, the V6 'music', external & internal aesthetics, ON POINT!!!

- W124 MBenz V-Boot : How can I not mention this ride? Especially when at some point, a good number of my dad's friends had one (Old man still no buy o.lol). won't mind owning that car ( a clean 6 cylinder) one day even if for a while just to.....well, own & drive it grin

Hmmm...the 1993 Toyota Previa! That vehicle was an instant hit and a bona fide commercial success. Very sad that it's future designers just messed the model up over the years letting it lose it's appeal to the Sienna and Honda's Odyssey.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ba7man(m): 5:59am On Feb 23, 2013
YoungGame: Brother Joseph the dreamer, keep dreaming grin grin grin
No be human beings dey drive am?? Abi na Angels?? You want me to dream of Toyota and Honda??.....To have cheap dreams?? As a matter of fact, whenever i'm in the UK, i must set aside money and go to a Track-Day meet. Pay money to get driven fast round a track in a fast car......Or have you heard of supercar Clubs??..You pay Money (Though it might be much but a lot of Nigerians can afford it without being aware) and you get a 30day usage of selected choice of supercars eg Lamborgini, Ferrari, Porshe, Bentley. You see, my dreaming has worked out a way to have acess to these cars. Dream.... If you can't dream it...you can't achive it.

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by azpekuliar: 6:08am On Feb 23, 2013
mbhs139:

But for me, my best car still remains TOYOTA CROWN.

I think you should know my age with that

grin.... Let me also chip in that the Toyota Crown is the ancestor of the Toyota Camry.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Karevwite: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2013
4matic n toyota venza
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Chuksgeo: 6:59am On Feb 23, 2013
I loved the peugot 504 saloon, as against my father's Mitsubishi this was because anytime my uncle who was a top govt official visits us that was the car he usually comes with which always in a most polished.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Chuksgeo: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2013
I loved the peugot 504 saloon, as against my father's Mitsubishi this was because anytime my uncle who was a top govt official visits us that was the car he usually comes with which always in a most polished state.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by richfaxy: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2013
in the mid 90s, mine was 505 Evolution.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by decoslim(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2013
Rolls Royce and Bentley
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ZACHIE: 7:31am On Feb 23, 2013
i am surprised none of you guys had the pleasure to dream and salivate over owning a CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON
CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON
The only car with a mind of its own. When she sits, she sinks into herself, deep. and when she rises, she does so with great elegance and finesse...oh my Citreon!

2 Likes

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Deiok(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2013
Limo-zine was my fantasized car while growing up.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by kennyfao(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2013
I have always love TOYOTA HILUX. I love Big Cars

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2013
i'm reminded of the CITROEN. The car that 'sits' itself when parked- i'm sure it was very expensive then...there was also the renault 12TL, datsun cherry, at a time i liked the Datsun Laurel, someone also mentioned Toyota Supra, there was the Nissan 240z, it was more like a mini supra in my eyes, daewoo espero, my uncles had two subaru cars...then the toyota Tercel...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 23, 2013
azpekuliar:

grin.... Let me also chip in that the Toyota Crown is the ancestor of the Toyota Camry.

Technically, that's incorrect. The crown is the flagship of the toyota brand (it even had a V12 option @ a certain time in its production history), and the camry was launched as a rival to the honda accord. These are newer generations, unfortunately, they are only available in Right Hand Drive (RHD).
The first pic is of the 2012-present day model while the 2nd is of its immediate predecessor (08 to mid-2012). The crown is still popular in Asia.

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2013
platinumricky:
Technically, that's incorrect. The crown is the flagship of the toyota brand (it even had a V12 option @ a certain time in its production history), and the camry was launched as a rival to the honda accord. These are newer generations, unfortunately, they are only available in Right Hand Drive (RHD).
The first pic is of the 2012-present day model while the 2nd is of its immediate predecessor (08 to mid-2012). The crown is still popular in Asia.
is the toyota crown a RWD? I guess it is...i saw one last night on my way home. It was a newer model, but not the same as the one in your pic. It was like the 90s lexus LS400, same built...but a bit newer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures of Buses Commissioned For Delta State / Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? / Rover! Rover! Rover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.