Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up (11490 Views)

Pictures Of Bugatti Veyron Made Of Gold Owned By Flo Rida / List the Cars you Have Owned and Post a Photo of your Current Car / Names of Cars You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
hi everyone,
i just want to know...what car(s) did you wish to own or drive in your growing up years?

The cars that caught my eyes and wished i had were these:
Mercedes W123 aka regular, 126 aka concord and Morris (lol). I used to always see one and i liked the uncommon look and the 'morris' tag on the hood of the car!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Rolls Royce.

3 Likes

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by diportivo: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2013
Car freaks tend to like different cars as at different times.......my list is endless......but the one that stands out for me the most was the 1996 toyota landcruiser....my friend's dad owned one and usually came to visit him in the boarding house with it...as at then'it usually seemed to me like there wouldn't be any other ride as beautiful as that.....all black and tinted cool

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by symbianDON(m): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
while i was growing up, i was so obsessed with d 505 evolution that i nicknamed myself evolution!! grin

7 Likes

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by 9icetoo(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Like Symbiandon, i used to adore the 505 evolution. that car to me was one of the best cars ever built by peugeot then. I am still in love with it and would buy one when i have the money for it. Would totally fit it out with new stuffs. make i dey watch my account balance first. grin

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by biggiyke(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
growing up, i loved different cars at different times in my life, but the one that comes to mind was during my NYSC year 2007/08 at Katsina. back then, i loved the 1999 Toyota Camry, aka Pencil Light. i used to dream about owning the car and prayed to God fervently.
funny enough, when i wanted to buy my 1st car, the 99 Camry was the last on my mind. i finally settled for a 2007 Accord, but every time i drive past a 99 Camry, i take a long look at it & smile.....even my wife knows now (she actually points out 99 Camrys to me when we drivin together)

3 Likes

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by 9icetoo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
hey biggiyke, what batch were u? i served there too.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by biggiyke(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
batch B i guess. oct 07 - sep 08
9icetoo: hey biggiyke, what batch were u? i served there too.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Originalsly: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
Acura Legend...did get one that was all hooked up. Looks much better on larger wheels!That car is still a head turner when hooked up. Blew the head gasket...the usual death of that car!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Originalsly: 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
duplicate
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by 9icetoo(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
biggiyke: batch B i guess. oct 07 - sep 08
okay. I was batch A. I was one of the guys who operated the match viewing centers for u guys during your camping. Fun times.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
Keke Napep
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by zilon12(m): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mercedes benz cry
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by tellwsdom: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
9icetoo:
okay. I was batch A. I was one of the guys who operated the match viewing centers for u guys during your camping. Fun times.

GAYbriel make una find room na undecided
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by MMM2(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
G Class 550
But I thank GOD I have it now smiley
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
When I was young I wanted Santana cos that was the big boy car then

Later Honda Baby boy, I saw Cadillac Escalade EXT in a mag around 2000 and I started dreaming about it
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by pendulasis: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
undecidedNight rider
Aston martin db5
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by aieromon(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
I wanted to inherit my dad's 504 but he decided to sell it. I really loved that car.

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by victorazy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Growing up? mmmmmmm!! Mercedes 190
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Emperoh(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mine is in stages. . . . . .
It was Santana and the Jetta and then Honda/Acura Legend and then BMW 5 Series
and then lately, the Audi A4 Quattro

But currently, Either give me the M3 or C350 AMG
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ITbomb(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
Jaguar.
I fell in love with the solid beastly shape and the sloping asz
Then there was a time I always dream of the Lincon Navigator
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ba7man(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
I used to go through my dad's car mags and dream of owning the Ferrari F-40 or the Lamborgini Countach ( They both had big rear spoilers that got me weak in the knees ). I'll then start wondering why my dad bought a Volvo estate and a Honda quintet instead of those wonders on wheels.

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Oila: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
To me, in mid ninties, 505 evolution na nnnnnwa.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by nanalady(f): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
Knights rider's car...the talking car..use to dream About it..
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
I had a thing for the Lamborghini Diablo and the Lotus Esprit (the white coupe dat evolved into a submarine in the 'from Russia with Love' Bond flick)...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by coolgb(m): 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
About 20 years ago, it was the 2-doors(the ride for d big boiz) honda prelude and my grandpa mercedes benz,while I had the opportunity of driving the benz before its death I seriously doubt if I would love to drive prelude now
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Opoki(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Shagari benz type..... remodelled to frog eye.
but not anymore.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nightshift(m): 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
VW Santana - Lawrence Anini and Monday Osunbor gave it a near James Bond image car during their terror years of 1985/86 in Benin City. It was a speedster then and terrified Nigerian Police like hell....

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ajufinz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
504 SR
Then 505 Evolution...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by feekman(m): 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mercedes S500 Ballon Shagari Style,was my dream car then....
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by cecegorz(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
igbsam: I have and it was a bad experience. I was involved in an accident and i didn't even know until i rammed into a wall. Though i was a bit drunk cos i was returning back from a friend's party. I slept off while driving and from nowhere, a danfo came and smatched my side shattering the side windscreen. I woke, looked at the danfo without getting down from the car and then i zoomed off. It was in the morning after waking up, i decided to go wash the car that i noticed the damage
Sir,
It looks like you are usually drunk more times than when you are clear, because all these your epistles didn't address the topic at all.
Now, wash your face with pepper soup, then re-read the topic before commenting. Lol
For me back in school, I was fascinated with the dimunitive Corolla hatch back nicknamed 'FirstLady'. I loved the compact size.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz / Pictures of Buses Commissioned For Delta State / Which Is The Right Way Of Gauging Transmission Fluid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.