Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven (43683 Views)

Making A Heart Shaped Cake Without A Heart Cake Tin / Bake A Cake Without Using An Oven; Cook 3courses With No Oil,fats,or Salt(fitfam / How To Bake Nigerian Bread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by MissyDee: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2013
I learnt everything about Baking without an oven from the only school that counts – “The school of Hard Knocks”. Thanks to the epileptic power supply and also being a typical Nigerian, learning to be innovative with ideas wasn’t a difficult task.
Now this method of baking without an oven is a method I’ve used over a gazillion times especially in the village where electricity and gas are scarce. The good thing about this method is, you wouldn’t have to be bothered about power failure or having to open the electric oven door while the baking is going on in event of Nepa/Phcn magic as it could spell doom for the cake. Plus, it’s a very good way to save gas wink. The difference between this new pot baking method and the conventional Pot baking method with sand is there isn’t any sand involved. I don’t know if it’s just me but sand makes whatever is being baked have a funny dusty taste.

Utensils
*1 aluminum pot (An old one preferably)
*1 Flat aluminum plate or Baking pan
* Queen cake cups
*A Stove / Gas / Electric cooker
Procedure

-Place the pot on the burner ( Stove, Gas or electric cooker) and reduce to medium heat
-Turn the aluminum plate upside down and place in the pot if you are making large “whole” cakes. If you want to make cupcakes like in the pictures, you would have to substitute the Aluminum plate for a clean baking pan to get a larger surface area.
-Line your Queen cup cake pans with Baking Sheets. If you don't have baking sheets, you can simply grease the cup cake pans with little margarine and dust with flour. This would make the cakes come out easily once done.
-Place the cupcakes on top of the overturned baking pan and cover
-While baking, DON’T open the pot as this would make the cakes collapse. Only open when the baking time elapses (One sure way to know if the cake is ready is when the aroma starts filtering out).
-Here's the recipe for these chocolate raisin cupcakes i madehttp://dobbyssignature..com/2013/01/chocolate-raisin-cupcakes.html. Also, subscribe to my RSS feeds, Like this page on facebook or bookmark this blog so you don't miss juicy posts wink
Source: http://dobbyssignature..com/2012/12/how-to-bake-without-oven.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2013
[size=13pt]Sometimes when my sweet tooth is nagging, I make an individual cake in the microwave with my coffee mug lol. Too delish.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 08, 2013
^^^
Yummy. tongue tongue
*rushes off to buy some cupcake*

2 Likes

Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 09, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Sometimes when my sweet tooth is nagging, I make an individual cake in the microwave with my coffee mug lol. Too delish.[/size]

What is this kind of cake? And the recipe pls! kiss
Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2013
[size=13pt]It's a coffee cake. Recipe follows cheesy

Cake
1 cup or coffee mug
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sugar
egg (optional)
2 tablespoons sour cream
few drops of vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder

Crumb topping
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. add the tablespoon of butter to the mug
2. soften (not melt) the butter in the mug in the microwave (10-15 seconds)
3. stir in the sugar with a fork until it's fluffy
4. add in 1/2 egg (I only use half because a whole egg is too eggy for my liking and no egg makes it crumbly undecided)
5. stir in the sour cream and vanilla
6. stir in the flour and baking powder
7. if you want the crumb topping, then mix all the topping ingredients in a separate bowl with a fork or your hands, then sprinkle into the mug
8. microwave until done! (1 min, 25 seconds for me)

It was yummy this way but I'm a sweet tooth and love frostings and icings lol. I added (eyeballed) some sugar, sour cream, and cream cheese and mixed it in a bowl. Tasted good so I put some on top and mixed the cake around a bit lol. It may seem like it takes long, but it's actually pretty fast. I also love not having leftover cake. I don't need the extra pounds. It's good for when you're craving something sweet smiley[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Awesome thanks!

1 Like

Re: How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2013
U can also use stones(preferably gravel) instead of sand.Heat d pot and place small stones in it,den Ūя̲̅ cake pan can stand on d stones.Dis method iz veri fast for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥,sand takes foreva.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal / Catfish Pepper Soup (point & Kill) / Incredibly Cheap Groceries From Raobiis Stores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.