Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

How To Bake Nigerian Bread? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Bake Nigerian Bread? (12765 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / How To Cook & Bake♥♥Recipes / How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bake Nigerian Bread? by dreeldee: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
Please can somebody in here be nice enough to teach me how to bake some good Nigerian bread Amaka, anyone? smiley I'm craving one right now embarassed
Re: How To Bake Nigerian Bread? by AmakaOne(f): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ingredients
15 ml sugar
190 ml warm water
1 x 10 g packet active yeast
750 ml flour
65 ml sugar
65 ml oil
10 ml coarse salt
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
Dissolve sugar in warm water, add dry yeast and let stand for 10 minutes.
In a food processor, place flour, sugar and salt.
Add oil and eggs.
To processor add oil, eggs and yeast mixture and turn it on for 1 minute (if sticky, add more flour).
Place mixture in a large bowl, cover and let it rise (2 hours) in a warm place.
Punch down and roll into logs and place into loaf pans

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes( you may have to cover the breads with foil to stop them from browning to much after 15 or 20 minutes.)
Re: How To Bake Nigerian Bread? by dominique(f): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2009
is this the recipe for agege bread?
Re: How To Bake Nigerian Bread? by tehigal: 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
lol
Re: How To Bake Nigerian Bread? by tehigal: 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
AmakaOne dnt mind dominique, u try no be small.

(1) (Reply)

Preserving Plantain / Tubers (yam) And Grains Market / Three Crowns Mum Of The Year Contest Is Back With A Bang!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.