Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP (2796 Views)

Nigerian Smart Card Plant Supports Expansion Of Financial Services To Poor / Help Needed On Biometric/smart Card Reader Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by talk2hb1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hello everyone on this great forum, Wishing each and everyone of us a blessed 2013.
Please I am trying to update a smart card via PHP and I want to know how possible or their is an alternative.
This is the full story, Thier is this Hospital application EMR for managing hospital and clinical details and I was told to write an application that enables the application to update smartcard with the patient record so that the patient can carry about his/her medical record about in form of an electronic card. please help.
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by Javanian: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
If PHP is the only lanuage you know then you have a long way to go..
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by AZeD1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
I don't think its possible. PHP is mainly a web development language.
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
i'd advise to go with Java or C# unless you are brave to write your own C++ extension for PHP. nothing is impossible PHP is C++ and C++ can communicate with Hardware

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
but just stick with Java or C#, they have SDK for that already
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by talk2hb1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Javanian: If PHP is the only lanuage you know then you have a long way to go..
I program in JAVA, VB, and Python too. But the client specifically wants PHP.
pc guru: but just stick with Java or C#, they have SDK for that already
so where is the JAVA SDK please?
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by Javanian: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by mj(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by talk2hb1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by olyjosh(m): 12:58am On Jan 10, 2013
What your client want doesn't matter here. I 'm very sure Java is the best answer to this.
You will need to study Java Micro-Edition (JavaME) more specifically JAVA CARD Technology.
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by cleaveyk: 9:33am On Apr 05, 2013
Hello, I must let you know if u will use Smart card for Web base EMR, it might not really work, because PHP is a web server scripting language, and you need a client base solution to work it out, even if you have a client base solution, like java or C# via silverlight, you need nothing less than 6 - 8 month of full study to understand smart card technology, data communication is not in normal text its purely binary, so you really have a long way to go. If you be willing I can help you out because I program Smart cards (Contact & contactless)
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by cleaveyk: 9:35am On Apr 05, 2013
talk2hb1:
I program in JAVA, VB, and Python too. But the client specifically wants PHP. so where is the JAVA SDK please?
VB can also work, but You will need Card Technology or already maid SDK to work it out.
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by kodewrita(m): 12:48am On Apr 08, 2013
PHP is simply a twisted dialect of C and as such, you can definitely write to a smartcard using the PHP CLI. Of course that would require you to understand the low level interface to the smartcard.

I am certain there are APIs floating around on the web that do exactly that. You can also use the PHP-Java bridge libraries to call the required Java classes if you decide to go ahead with using Java.

Make sure you always supplement your Nairaland research with good old google searches.

Best regards.
Re: Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP by IronFist(m): 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Try SCardSCR, it might just help.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help On How To Watch Udemy Offline Videos With Any Video Player / Site To Learn Java From Beginners To Advanced Level / Problem with tracking word frequency[Java]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.