Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Executioner. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Executioner. (894 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Executioner. by Rhymez(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2013
CHAPTER 1

Thief! Thief! Catch him! Catch him! yelled the mob as they chased a purse-snatcher who stabbed a lady in the stomach and snatched her purse. This happened around 3:05pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon. The purse-snatcher ran into an uncompleted building and disappeared from the mob's sight. He was panting heavily and sweating profusely and later gave a sigh of relief. He brought out a mobile phone and some cash out of the bag and started smiling. For about 2 hours he was still in the uncompleted building waiting for the mob to give up the chase. He later came out and this time, the mob has gone back to their houses and the victim was rushed to the hospital. He was whistling as he walked down the road when suddenly a strange looking man wearing a black suit and a black hat spoke to him from a distance

" You are wicked and for this, you must die".

He was shocked and turned back to see who was talking to him and saw a man holding a dagger and coming closer to him.
"Who the hell are you?" yelled the robber as he took few steps backward. He brought out a knife(the same knife he used to stabbed the woman he stole the purse from) and ask the strange man to come and fight him
" You think I am scared of you?" he said. The strange man keeps coming close to him. The robber charged at him and tried to stab him on the chest but the strange man grabbed the knife from his hand like it was a pen. He was so fast that the robber opened his mouth in awe.
"Who are you?" the robber asked.

"I am The executioner and today is your judgement day" said the strange man. The robber ran into the bush and started screaming "Help! Help! He wants to kill me! Help! As he ran, he didnt see a branch of a fallen tree and he kicked it and fell on the ground.
"Oh! My leg!" he cried. He started pleading that the strange man should forgive him for his wrongs. But the strange man said
" You have all the chances in the world to change your bad ways but you misused it. Today, you will die" he brought out his dagger and stabbed him twice in the left eye and another on the forehead and the robber died on the spot. He wrote a note and placed it on his chest. It reads

" NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED". He smiled and walked away.

To be continued.........

1 Like

Re: The Executioner. by Rhymez(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
"You are so lazy! This is the third time you are coming late yet you cant stay in the office without sleeping" the voice of the CEO of Chris O. Motors to his personal secretary after he opened his office door and found his secretary sleeping. "Am sorry Sir, I think I have a slight fever" cried the secretary- Catherine, a beautiful lady in her late 20's who graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN). She studied Banking and Finance in the named institution and came out with a second class upper. Her dream is to be a banker in one of the booming banks in Nigeria but due to the level of unemployment in the country, she finds it difficult to get a job . After 2 years of job hunting, she finally got a job in an automobile firm.

"if you know you are sick why dont you stay at home until you get well? Maybe your coming back you will meet a new secretary on your seat" the angry CEO lamented. " Sir, I am so sorry, it wont happened again I promise" she said with tears rolling down her cheek. "sorry for yourself" the CEO concluded and walks back to his office.
Catherine is the first child of her family and also the bread winner of the family. She came from a poor home though she grew up without a mother....

1 Like

Re: The Executioner. by Rhymez(m): 4:58am On Jan 09, 2013
At about 7:00pm that evening, Catherine got set to close for the day and she reported to her boss that she is through for the day. He smiled at her and said " Do you mind I give you a ride to your home?" She forced a smile and replied " No sir, I am fine. Thanks a lot". He brought out some money from his wallet and gave to her. "Take this for your T-fare" he said. She collected the money and thanked him. "Goodnight Sir" she ended. After she left, the CEO smiled and bit his lips in a flirtatious manner and said to himself " I must get you Catherine"........

1 Like

Re: The Executioner. by Fishoy(f): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
Gd beginnin waitin fr d nxt episode......
Re: The Executioner. by Redmosquito(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Guy! This seems rushed! Too rushed! It's as if u wrote it while driving!
U just pushed it around quickly and forgot about us.
Me no likey! Unless u modify and repackage!
Re: The Executioner. by Rhymez(m): 4:02pm On May 04, 2013
Ring!! Ring!!, the phone in Catherine's office rang. '' Hello Sir, ok sir am coming'' that was Catherine' boss calling her to see him in his office. This was about 6:20pm when customers are no longer visting the office. Catherine was already packing her things and getting ready to leave the office when the office phone rang.

She opened the door to her boss office and shut it. '' Catherine, are you through with your work?'' asked her boss ''Yes sir, I am through. I am about leaving when you called'' she replied. Her boss asked her to sit and she did. He walked straight to where she was sitting and sat on the desk facing her. She was nervous and shaking. ''why are you scared?'' he asked smilling. '' I am.. am fine Sir'' she stammered. He held her hand and rub it gently still smilling. '' I can change your life Catherine. Just give me a chance to prove'' he said. '' Sir, I dont understand what you are saying'' she said and she stood up. He walked straight to the door and looked it...........

(1) (Reply)

THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION / Screenshot Of My Bitgold Account With Pending & Confirmed Payments / A Spike In My Hat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.