Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? (6621 Views)

United Securities / Hedge Securities and Investments Company Ltd / Abuja Securities And Commodities Exchange (asce) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by hugo77(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2008
pls i nid to know which is beta CASHCRAFT OR MERISTEM SECURITIES. anyone with information pls oblige. thankz

in terms of service delivery and otherwise
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by hugo77(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2008
pls som1 shuld reply
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by wyt(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2008
i use cash craft, but can;t recomend them cos they buy high
and sell low. and their transaction circle is low like it take
them long to finish a deal, quite slow,
i don't know about meristram.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by enunwoke: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2008
well can you tell me what cashcraft is all about well i would also like to know more about internet money makings.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by dejia(m): 11:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
I also have an account with Cashcraft, i will never recommend them.
they have too many clients than they can handle, only if you pally up very well it ur account manager
i mean very very well with your account manager ., otherwise your transactions will just be left for weeks.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2008
I really agree with you ,my experience with cashcraft has been horrible.

It has not been too pleasant ,customer service is extremely poor.

Watch out for them ,don't be caught doing business with them.

Transactions are left for days before they are carried out.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by otokx(m): 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
Cashcraft online facility is not too effective as my sell orders take at least 2 days but I will still recommend them anyway.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Dejipumpin(m): 5:59pm On Feb 29, 2008
Any day, anytime, anywhere, i will surely recommend CASHCRAFT because, the company is the best stockbroking firm as far as Investment/Portfolio Management is concerned. I was wise enough to deal thru them even before i secured a job and i have not for once had any reason to doubt their competency, effectiveness and efficiency. I believe in them because of the following reasons.

- I'm talking of a stockbroking firm that has been around for close to two decades.

- afford clients access to their investment accounts online

- maintains an active and interactive website www.cashcraft.com which was voted the best & most interactive non-bank financial institution website in 2001, 2002 & 2007. As far as i'm concerned, it's still the best till date.

- info for research which covers quarterly results, financial ratios of qouted coys, etc

- News about the quoted companies on the Stock Exchange,

- Stock prices on a daily basis

- Online Forms & prospectuses for public offers, right issues and new listings,

- stable board & management

- several business offices to serve clients better. i personally checked this out on their website which confirmed that they are the biggest in terms of branch network.

I believe as an investor ( and also for intending ones) , i don't need anything more than the above cutting-edge qualities in choosing an Investment Manager/Stockbroker.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2008
Hey Decamping ,

How much did cashcraft pay you for this PR.

I am convinced that you work for cashcraft or you are taking kick back from them . Na today grin

The website is crap as far as am concerned ,it is overloaded with same articles which have been there since last year.

Visit websites like www.proshareng.com ,www.financialnigeria.com those are quality website to read about investment

and am sure you will withdraw your statement.

What do you say about investor's not been paid there money after 4 weeks that cashcraft have received it

from the register!!!!!!

The excuse is that they are paying out in batches .Bros i could have doubled that money in 4 weeks and the money is

still with Cashcraft.

I beg e don't mislead innocent investors with your sweet talks! This is a serious matter not toasting a girl bros grin grin

No hard feelings ,just saying the truth.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2008
Dejipumping

i forgot to add customer service is zero.If you go to the lagos office .

The reception looks like tejuosho Market tongue
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Dejipumpin(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
folarina:

Hey Decamping ,

How much did cashcraft pay you for this PR.

I am convinced that you work for cashcraft or you are taking kick back from them . Na today grin

The website is crap as far as am concerned ,it is overloaded with same articles which have been there since last year.

Visit websites like www.proshareng.com ,www.financialnigeria.com those are quality website to read about investment

and am sure you will withdraw your statement.

What do you say about investor's not been paid there money after 4 weeks that cashcraft have received it

from the register!!!!!!

The excuse is that they are paying out in batches .Bros i could have doubled that money in 4 weeks and the money is

still with Cashcraft.

I beg e don't mislead innocent investors with your sweet talks! This is a serious matter not toasting a girl bros grin grin

No hard feelings ,just saying the truth.

@folarina,

Point of correction, Cashcraft did not pay me any dime for PR or anything whatsoever & I don't work for Cashcraft if you care to know. Wait a minute, how could be convinced as you've pointed out that i work for Cashcraft when you don't even know me? But i think it's very sensible for one to say the truth without blinking. I believe in Cashcraft not only because they give investors the avenues to build their portfolios but also because their innovativeness.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2008
Hey my guy ,Dejipumpin

This is a forum for us to express our mind not to attach each other.

I do apologise if my last article appears as an attack . grin grin We are cool again habi!!!!!

Back to the issue ,based on my own personal experience with CASHCRAFT investors need to be extremely careful when dealing with them !!!!

Some thing i didn't mention was that your account officer matters a lot ,if he or she is a pushy person then you are sorted.

Happy investing wink wink
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by wyt(m): 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2008
if ur susex with cash craft depend on your manager, why
not try the ones that do not depend on anybody. they
are crap! period. i am with them, only for long term stocks,
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Dejipumpin(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hey pally, folarina

I really appreciate the fact that you apologized. I believe CASHCRAFT has well-trained account officers that are grounded in clients/customers relationship management.

Sure we are cool, cool coolman aight!

For real, Happy Investing!
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by tsmack: 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2008
I use cashcraft and i can bodly say that [/b]it is not the kind of place you can put your money and go to sleep, Why?, 'cos they'll probably let your money sleep with you.[b]

I'll leave the rest for you guys to decide.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by tsmack: 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
@Dejipumpin

I dont mean to sound personal, but from your comments, you are either on CashCraft payroll or you haven't used a better stockbroking house.

Just my 2 cents
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Dejipumpin(m): 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ tsmack

I'm very sure it's either you didn't read the reply i posted, directed at my pally folarina or u did but just decided to ignore it. I said, i don't work with Cashcraft. I just have an investment account with them and i get the best services i always desire from them. shikena! ! !
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by d1tha1: 1:29am On Mar 06, 2008
Neither is beta. BGL Securities is the best!
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2008
Tell us more about this BGL ,what is the minimum to open an account ?

Do they have`a website ? cool

Fire on grin
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by d1tha1: 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2008
Of course they have a website!!! www.bglltd.com. Whats more u can download account opening forms and view ur accounts online. basically, service is IT driven

BGL ranks among the best in securities trading, asset management, issuing house, capital raising, dey even won awards for it in 2005/2006. the company's been operating for like 11 years I think, check out their website

It might also interest you to know that BGL is d highest paying Nigerian investment bank and securities firm right now. I understand their Associates earn more than some bank ED's!!!! The company is making a lot of money from trading on d the NSE and methinks dats what investors are most concerned about

folarina:

Tell us more about this BGL ,what is the minimum to open an account ?

Do they have`a website ? cool

Fire on grin
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by folarina(m): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2008
Hey
BGL's website looks impressive and professional. (tumbs up )

Do they have a minimum amount to open an account?

If you rate BGL this high how about Greenwich trust then

Any clue about them ?
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by SavvyLanre: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2008
And, if you are thinking of Cashcraft - to say the list, be careful. A word is enough for the wise.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by dumeeked(f): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2008
Both of them are reputable and good, though in terms of research Meristem have an edge.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by otokx(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2008
Called all the cashcraft customer care phone lines on their website and some rang out, majority being out of order. My buy order that I placed online for 6 days now is unattended to and this is very annoying.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by 9jahboi: 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2008
I've actually been to both and i think meristem outshines cashcraft by a wide margin. The only 'but' in Meristem is that its for the big boys like my humble self. grin So if you aint got cool cash you might not be able to invest with them but still i must commend their performance. As for Cashcraft i requested a CSCS account to be opened for me over 6mths ago and i,m yet to hear a word from the account manager also rumour has it that they actually trade illegally on your a/c.That might be the reason for the delays in buy and sell orders. Their work environment is in a paltry state reminiscent of most stockbroking firms in the country, anyway what do you expect its for the masses but even still we all deserve efficient services whether we are priviledged or not. Cashcraft should step up its game or they will begin to loose clients.

My submission is if you can afford the minimum of meristem, They are your best bet. But if you cannot, Cashcraft is the price you have to pay.

All the best in your selection.

Where your money is your heart lies, , No go get heart attack O!!! [9jb] tongue
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Kashif(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2008
@9jah, what is meristem's minimum deposit  please?

@Dejipumping,

The world cannot be wrong. Everybody but you, says Cashcraft is crap. I wonder what is piping this your solo tune undecided
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Kashif(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
I have seen the minimum on their site. thanx.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by 9jahboi: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2008
Kashif , No hassles happy investing. Feel free to ask for advise on investment tips. who is that decamping or dejipumping Guy and why does he appreciate mediocrity. na wah o. {9jb}
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by d1tha1: 3:25am On Mar 11, 2008
folarina:

Hey

Any clue about them ?

I think BGL's minimum account opening is 2.5m now, in cash or shares.
folarina link=topic=115551.msg2031838#msg2031838 date=1204879917:

Hey

Any clue about them ?

I think BGL's minimum account opening is 2.5m now, in cash or shares or both, though thats a recent development. Like I said earlier, their service is good and the company makes a lot of money for clients cos they have large positions in some very hot stocks and so are able to influence prices.

Dont know much abt Greenwich tho I think they are a good company too. But dont think dey r as "big" as BGL tho and not sure how IT efficient dey are.

So if u got the dough, go to BGL
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by Dejipumpin(m): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2008
9jahboi:

As for Cashcraft i requested a CSCS account to be opened for me over 6mths ago and i,m yet to hear a word from the account manager also rumour has it that they actually trade illegally on your a/c.That might be the reason for the delays in buy and sell orders. Their work environment is in a paltry state reminiscent of most stockbroking firms in the country, anyway what do you expect its for the masses but even still we all deserve efficient services whether we are priviledged or not. Cashcraft should step up its game or they will begin to loose clients.

My submission is if you can afford the minimum of meristem, They are your best bet. But if you cannot, Cashcraft is the price you have to pay.

All the best in your selection.

Where your money is your heart lies, , No go get heart attack O!!! [9jb] tongue

@9jahboi

The problem with a lot of investors like us concerning opening a CSCS account is that, most of us are ignorant of the fact that it is not the stockbroking firms that actually open CSCS account for investors but rather CSCS Ltd (a subsidiary of NSE). So 9jahboi, you accusing Cashcraft for not opening a CSCS account for you is baseless and does not hold water. Perhaps you don't know Cashcraft as i do because i've been dealing with them for the past years and i've never heard anything about them trading illegally on any client's account and besides the likes of NSE & SEC won't allow that to happen. I think this investment company is quite huge than what you have in mind, so be informed that Cashcraft is still one of the best stockbroking, portfolio mgt & asset mgt, investment banking & finance company in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. no beeffing.

9jahboi(i'm sure u ain't the real one grin, big ups to sauce kid- the don ), but whatever it is, we'll surely meet at the top, man.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by hbrednic: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2008
cashcrap is the worst thing that can happen to any investor,
very very poor service and invetors unfriendly.
i have used them,but had to run.the experience was very bad.
their V.I office is worst than oshodi market.they are very unproffesional,confused should be the right word.
their motto should be; TRY US TODAY & LIVE TO REGRET FOREVER. grin grin grin
they need to clean up their act kia kia.
Re: Which Is Beta Cashcraft Or Meristem Securities? by d1tha1: 2:52am On Mar 13, 2008
Dejipumpin:

@9jahboi

The problem with a lot of investors like us concerning opening a CSCS account is that, most of us are ignorant of the fact that it is not the stockbroking firms that actually open CSCS account for investors but rather CSCS Ltd (a subsidiary of NSE). So 9jahboi, you accusing Cashcraft for not opening a CSCS account for you is baseless and does not hold water. Perhaps you don't know Cashcraft as i do because i've been dealing with them for the past years and i've never heard anything about them trading illegally on any client's account and besides the likes of NSE & SEC won't allow that to happen. I think this investment company is quite huge than what you have in mind, so be informed that Cashcraft is still one of the best stockbroking, portfolio mgt & asset mgt, investment banking & finance company in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. no beeffing.

9jahboi(i'm sure u ain't the real one grin, big ups to sauce kid- the don ), but whatever it is, we'll surely meet at the top, man.

Dejipumpin,

Point of correction: While u correctly noted that CSCS accounts are created by CSCS Limited, u are sooo wrong about the role and responsibility of the stockbroker in facilitating this process. No investor goes directly to CSCS to open accounts but can only do so thru the brokerage firm which has responsiblity for providing information and ensuring that any problems in the process are dealt with, in addition to managing trades on the account after it is opened. Therefore, this makes opening a CSCS account a service facilitated by stockbroking houses and the efficiency with which they do it is therefore critical to customer satisfaction. If the stockbroking firm is internally inefficient then it will likely take longer in facilitating this process than an efficient firm. I'm in the business so I know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi Canvasses Islamic Banking / Banks Lost N12.3bn To Fraudsters In Four Years – NIBSS / How To Shop Online From Nigeria With Gtbank (guaranty Trust Bank) Naira Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.