Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,197 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted (23543 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 / Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus: Full list of voting by countries captains and coaches is avaiable in that link, last paragraph. Tried to attach it, but couldnt, too large.

I can see Yobo voted for Messi, Ronaldo and Yaya Toure in that order. Keshi also voted for Yaya, Drogba and Van Persie in that order
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wasted vote . . . .
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by 2million1(m): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
surveyProf:

You're right, but if the members of the public are given the opportunity to vote, der will still be manipulatn, everybody will want to vote their own!
that's true, imagine the whole japan and china ane korea voting for J.S. Park or Kagawa...their vote alone will shadow d world combined
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Akainzo(m): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
FXKing2012: The voting process is extremely flawed, little wonder Messi won.

It is now flawed right! It was the same method in place when Ronaldo won it in 2008, was it flawed then?

You guys have to realise something, in any situation where there are votes, there will ALWAYS be sentiments (Voting for GEJ and not PDP remember?) Also, whenever there is a winner, there will stil be people who thinks someone else should win.

In a democracy, if you win by 60% of the votes, do not forget that 40% of the population still did not think you deserve to win. That is how democracies and voting works. Get used to it and learn its tenets.

6 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Akainzo(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Pharoh: We have always known that sentiments will follow this kind of voting so i would have preferred a committee that distributes these awards among the players to encourage everyone of them. To imagine that amy wambach has never won the female world player of the year until now and any of those german or Japanese ladies too could not win it for the past four years says a lot about the voting process.

Marta winning it for six years in a row and messi also winning it for six years in a row is rubbish to me in my opinion. Hope they listen to the advice of senior vincente debosky who admonished them concerning fair play and failing football ethics rubbishing the sports right now. Fair play means they should be fair to other players like sneider, ronaldo, iniesta, messi,xavi, casillas,buffon, falcao and others who deserve this award too. Racism has not been curbed in these sports and something should be done to raise the ethical standards of the game. So hope sepp blatter and michel platini are listening, my 2 kobo.

In your company, would you accept a committee to distribute bonuses and not give you your due as the best performer just so they can encourage lazy folks to feel among?

The BEST award is not shared, it is earned!

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Akainzo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
shagarri: In summary:

Messi's friends are more than Ronaldo's friends

Nope, in summary, MORE people (44% of the voting population) believe Messi was the best player in 2012.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Ayoobscom(m): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
They've all voted for either citizenship or clubmate or friendship..except a few...well messi deserves it and I'm glad that Drogba n Yaya were fairly represented in the catalogue
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by cisse7575(m): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
In Argentina Born the football god
In Spain lives the Football god
In Barcelona plays the football god

Match not, his styles of play,
Condemn not, his attitudes when he plays

Broken, are many records by him
His, will be hard except by him

Leo, you are truly the football god,
Sent by God, the creator of god.

Messi Messi Messi,
Football history,had long be re-written.
past shall be Millennial before we see your match.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by 2goodbobo(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
Even in our homes, their is sentiment/politics.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Travelexpat: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
In any vote, There re always sentiments invoved, but it can neva overide d best performer. Even if the public were askd to vote, d results wil stil b d same. I checkd eurosport poll on d trio wen they were shortlisted, messi had 59% of total votes, dat was b4 setin d 91 goals record. No doubt Ronaldo is gud, Messi isnt human. Unles sometin terible hapens to him, he wil retain d balon d'or for 2yrs again. Competin against this guy is an efort in vain. At his age, he has done d untinkable. There is no longer any basis 4 comparism btw cr7 nd messi. A world best player and 4 times winer, evrytin cr7 has done, messi has done at least twice.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Akainzo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Cornel88: If not for the selected journalists, it would have gone either way. Those directly involved in the game who are eligible to vote are voting with sentiment.

Nope, that is a fallcy!
In the analysis of the votes, Messi won the Captain's votes, he won the Coaches votes and he also won the Media votes. And my guy it was not close. (And at all the global sites, he won the popular votes - votes by faceless people on the internet)
Ronaldo even got a 0.1% vote by letting someone else vote on his behalf as Portugal Captain to ensure he gets the 5 Points as number one pick grin

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jinha(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Laalamed: I think voting system should be reviewed.sentiment,nepotism and favourism are not good. There are caucus among international foothballers.people know the voters. lobbying is not an impossibility.
And how do you intend changing that ? Would you prefer a panel of judges, who will sit and decide for the world who the world best player is?..
No matter how transparent the process is or will be, some people will still not accept it.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Dee60: 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Keshi - Is this how you want to win AFCON? Yaya ko, Sule ni!

As for Real Madrid - A house in shambles.....they should get up quickly and manage their differences.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jinha(m): 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Troll: The Way This Voting Is Being Done Nowadays; An African Will Never Win The Fifa Ballon D'Or. No Matter How Spectacular He Is On The Pitch. The Europeans Will Always Vote For Their Own. The Public Should Be Given Voting Power Or Else This Is Just Plainly Sentimental Bulshit. Imagine!? angry
It still boils down to the same thing...if the public is/are allowed to vote, the voting will still be filled with sentiment, favouritism and nepotism.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by BabaOlowo: 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
Chei, nobody voted for Mighty Mikel Obi, he was second to Messi some years ago at the Junior World Cup level, hmmmm, something fishy and meaty!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by dulaman: 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
sheedy407: i Ve notin to comment sha but to say dat the award is alredi with d winner while sum people are here usin their ba3 whc dey charged in barbing saloon to comment.
badt guy..lol...how u take know.u be winch? *in a barbing salon nw chrgn tho*
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by cupid4ig(m): 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:
Yeah, there are sentiments. For example, I see Algerian captain voting for Karim Benzema as no 1. That's clearly sentiment-driven. No sane football watcher would say Benzema was best player in the world in 2012. Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, all debatable, but Benzema, clearly nah. But I can see teh connection - Benzema has Algerian origin like the voter.

Also, I think contrary to his vote, Messi himself believes Ronaldo is one of the top 3 players in the world. Same for the guy that voted for Portugal. He can't tell me he sincerely believed Messi wasnt among top 3 players in the world, but he left him out to reduce his chance.

But overall, I think the voting is diverse enough to reflect true best player. The few sentiments-driven couldn't have made much difference, especially since teh difference between winner and 1st runner up is so wide.
read it again messi didnt select ronaldo in his top 3 abi u no get eye ? undecided
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Jarus(m): 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dee60: Keshi - Is this how you want to win AFCON? Yaya ko, Sule ni!

As for Real Madrid - A house in shambles.....they should get up quickly and manage their differences.

I tire o

So in Keshi's eyes, neither Messi nor CR7 is among top 3 players in the world? The man go vote Yaya, RVP and Drogba. Our coach must be watching koro soka, not football.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
I think this process is fair enough.

Messi deserves the honour
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Jarus(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
cupid4ig: read it again messi didnt select ronaldo in his top 3 abi u no get eye ? undecided

That is what I'm saying. Messi didn't select CR7 in his top 3, the Portugal guy too didn't select Messi in his top 3. 2 ge 4.

Italian coavh selected his boys (Pirlo and Buffon) as top 2. Spanish coach also voted his boys(Iniesta, Xavi and Cassilas),
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by tellwsdom: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
[size=21pt]I repeat, I shall not b ronaldo in messi's generation"[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by talktimi(m): 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
ALL HAIL KING RONALDO...

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by cupid4ig(m): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jarus:

That is what I'm saying. Messi didn't select CR7 in his top 3, the Portugal guy too didn't select Messi in his top 3. 2 ge 4.

Italian coavh selected his boys (Pirlo and Buffon) as top 2. Spanish coach also voted his boys(Iniesta, Xavi and Cassilas),
ok understand ur post now grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Wan47(m): 12:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Drogba won CL n FA cup Messi won Copa de rey (same as FA cup)
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by SBabaJ(m): 12:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Troll: The Way This Voting Is Being Done Nowadays; An African Will Never Win The Fifa Ballon D'Or. No Matter How Spectacular He Is On The Pitch. The Europeans Will Always Vote For Their Own. The Public Should Be Given Voting Power Or Else This Is Just Plainly Sentimental Bulshit. Imagine!? angry
Africans Vote, Don't They?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by SBabaJ(m): 12:10am On Jan 09, 2013
O
Sholexyz: Joachim low must b high on alomo mesut ozil as 1st. They r voting with sentiment.
It's In Low's Interest To Have Ozil Motivated.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by SBabaJ(m): 12:14am On Jan 09, 2013
shagarri: In summary:

Messi's friends are more than Ronaldo's friends
That's The Beauty Of Merit!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by SBabaJ(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2013
Wan47: Drogba won CL n FA cup Messi won Copa de rey (same as FA cup)
Messi Scored 91 Goals.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Eziachi: 1:30am On Jan 09, 2013
George Weah won it or is it European player of the year? and he is from bloody Liberia not from Russia. And doesn't African has more fifa member nations twice more to that of South America, where Messi comes from?

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Eziachi: 1:36am On Jan 09, 2013
omenziate: Casillas sef dey very unserious. Ramos over Ronaldo.?
Voting in a everything is based on personal likes/choice. Your best food may cause another person to puke. There was a year, I thought Thierry Henry is a sure banker to win it but he didn't but came second. But in the end, majority vote earner wins. Thats put to bed conspiracy theorist of Blatter and the award. But conspiracy theorist always tend to talk to themselves and believes whatever themselves tells them.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by dayokanu(m): 2:01am On Jan 09, 2013
Eziachi:
George Weah won it or is it European player of the year? and he is from bloody Liberia not from Russia. And doesn't African has more fifa member nation twice that od South America, where Messi comes from?

Conspiracy is for the lazy minds

Let anyone name any player more deserving than Messi

If people can complain and whine about a very open election then I wonder what would satisfy them

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by drlizzy(f): 3:03am On Jan 09, 2013
sheedy407: i Ve notin to comment sha but to say dat the award is alredi with d winner while sum people are here usin their ba3 whc dey charged in barbing saloon to comment.
I dey suspect you guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (1 - 4) On 21st November 2015 / Borussia Dortmund Vs Arsenal : UCL (2 - 0) On 16th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.