Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership (1250 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / If Buhari Had Been Killed , The North Would Have Razed Nigeria Down / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by anulaxad(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
I can think of several countries in the world that are corrupt,but they are doing fine and not suffering from bad leadership..Venezuela for example it's faces the same problem nigeria does,ever since oil was found in that country corruption has rocketed.But do you know they are using there money to develop there country,they have faced major infrastructural problems.
And because they keep there resources,oil in Venezuela is the cheapest in the world being priced at 2 to 3p per litre.

KNOW ONE WILL NOTICE CORRUPTION IF THE LEADERSHIP WAS GOOD.TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS THE UK IS NOT AS INNOCENT AS PEOPLE MAY THINK ,BUT BECAUSE OF GOOD LEADERSHIP NO ONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND WILL QUESTION THEM.

That God,that Nigerian leaders always take in vain to cover up there bitterness, will surely soon punish them. lipsrsealed
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by redsun(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
embarassed
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by koruji(m): 2:03am On Jan 09, 2013
Are you serious with this contradictory logic?
Corruptions grows bad leadership and bad leadership grows corruption, the two walk-hand-in-hand.
Period.

anulaxad: I can think of several countries in the world that are corrupt,but they are doing fine and not suffering from bad leadership..Venezuela for example it's faces the same problem nigeria does,ever since oil was found in that country corruption has rocketed.But do you know they are using there money to develop there country,they have faced major infrastructural problems.
And because they keep there resources,oil in Venezuela is the cheapest in the world being priced at 2 to 3p per litre.

KNOW ONE WILL NOTICE CORRUPTION IF THE LEADERSHIP WAS GOOD.TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS THE UK IS NOT AS INNOCENT AS PEOPLE MAY THINK ,BUT BECAUSE OF GOOD LEADERSHIP NO ONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND WILL QUESTION THEM.

That God,that Nigerian leaders always take in vain to cover up there bitterness, will surely soon punish them. lipsrsealed
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by DeepSight(m): 2:55am On Jan 09, 2013
There is no difference. . . . how does an intensely corrupt society throw up good leaders? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by lanrefront1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
It is official now, you are certified slowpoke.

It is not by force to talk. Why not just watch, listen and learn.
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
@poster, I can understand your logic: good leadership will render corruption ineffective but,

First, Nigeria cannot even have a National Leader who will be accepted and be supported by all Nigerians. As long as we continue to look at issues from ethnic/religious angles, we shall continue in this circle of doom!

Take these names and slot into the vacant seat of a national leader:

1. Ahmadu Bello: This "great" leader will worshiped in the North if he comes alive today to lead Nigeria. Yet, I have my doubt about his reception in the West and in the East.

2. Nnamdi Azikiwe: I am not sure he would be so received in the East, let alone North and the West. Yet even if he would be received in the East, I am so sure that he would be a nobody else where.

3. Obafemi Awolowo: Although there would be some opposition in the West, he still got a good follower-ship. The question is, how will the East and the North receive him?

These men are our own "Abhram Lincoms and Goerge Washingtons" and if they are only "local champions", then tell me the hope we have as a nation.

Nigeria has never had a National Leader. My question is this: will ever happen one day that we shall have a leader who will be accepted by the North, South, East and West?

Until we understand the complex nation of our forced union and take steps to address the challenges, we might as well forget nation building and "enjoy" headlines of bad news every single day!
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by DeepSight(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
noblezone:
Nigeria has never had a National Leader.

Well MKO Abiola came closest to broad national democratic acceptance.

Interestingly one should note the disgruntled response of Nigerians to the first govt effort to honour him! Truly shows that Nigerian are not worth sacrificing anything for!
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by PapaBrowne(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Actually, not bad leadership but bad followership.
The question is why are we always having bad leadership.
Leadership at anytime is a reflection of the society that lives within.
Nigeria produces bad leadership because the society at large is corrupt.
Yes politicians rig elections, but students also cheat in exams.
Yes commissioners steal public funds, but workers also pilfer company funds.
Yes contractors overinflate jobs, but traders also seek over profiteer.

What we need is a complete paradigm shift with regards to our culture. We should seek to deemphasize accumulation and rather engage in productivity.
If we had a culture of productivity, it wouldnt matter if we have horrible leaders. First they wouldn't last and secondly they would have no space to act horribly.
If people stole money and rather than accumulate, they sought productivity, society would be better off for it.
Re: Corruption Is Not What's Pulling Nigeria Down,it's Lack Of Good Leadership by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
Deep Sight:

Well MKO Abiola came closest to broad national democratic acceptance.

Interestingly one should note the disgruntled response of Nigerians to the first govt effort to honour him! Truly shows that Nigerian are not worth sacrificing anything for!

Go and read the story of what happened at Jos convention where Abiola was selected. The man boiught the ticket.
However, the election was annulled because it was won by a Southerner. IBB and his gang will never own up to the truth.

It is easier to get the colonial masters back (they will be neutral) than to expect a leader from Nigeria that will be accepted by all.

(1) (Reply)

Obamacare Microchip RFID Myth Debunked / Christians Are Behind BOKO HARAM - EL-RUFAI / Boko Haram Slaughter Four Yoruba Produce Buyers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.