Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (23850 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by CohenJane: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2013
thelastPope: This is the reason why people will continue to call all you ACN sychophants out. The level of propaganda you do is just shameful ...
bla bla bla

Well, in as much as you may seem to be making sense to others, I'm afraid you aren't making sense to me.

In project management, government projects in particular, it is necessary to engage the citizens with the pace of work as it goes on, and in the present time, through the opportunity availed us by the social media.

Mind you, the comments could have gone either way, commendation or condemnation. It all depends on the level of trust the citizens have for the day's government in the first place or the way the citizens perceive the government's actions, attitudes and intentions.

If this project were to be the Fed Govt. project, I'm pretty sure it would gotten more knocks than praises ... the reason is because of past government's failure in project completion.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by aminho(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
lagcity:

it is very simple my guy, just give me one kanuri chic. those girls are fyynnee! grin I promise u, u will be deputy gov of Lagos in 2015.
that one is not a problem now you fit come borno state
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by ocelot2006(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
thelastPope: This is the reason why people will continue to call all you ACN sychophants out. The level of propaganda you do is just shameful. While the rail project is a good project, the fact that you bring out one new thread every time half a meter of track is laid is just hillarious. The Abuja city light rail project has passed 50% completion with no noise or fanfare. If the abuja guys were doing the same propaganda as you ACN guys, NL will be filled with such stories by now. Orile-mile 2 is just 4 minutes drive by road. How is that a great achievement by train? Let the project continue and when it is done and Lagosians can enjoy it, then you can come here and spam us with your posts. For now, keep the spam down and stop announcing to us every track that is being laid. Remember this is the standard you all always demand from the FG. If the FG where announcing every single step they take on NL, the NL servers would have crashed several times over. I will personally laud him if he can conclude a significant part of the rail line. For now, its all politics and noise making.

;d so true
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by thelastPope(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
ba7man: Yes an on-going project but one of the most ambitious in this country right now. So u don't consider the Concrete support to carry the elevated track work?? Or the train station already in place?? Laying of tracks is the least of work to be done. The difference between me and u is this; I look at the project and I'm happy b'cos of the number of lives it will touch positively(effective transportation of goods,services,people, appreciation of property value(even though I don't own property in that axis))....But all u see is Propaganda and politics. Man, it must be horrible being you.

Please read my posts carefully. I have never condemned the project but the propaganda you lot have made of it. Like I said, do your job and when you are done, you can demand a round of applause. The topic of this thread alone is propaganda. Simple as.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by Jaideyone(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
its sad that people are yet to understand the dubious nature of fashola a man that lives and feeds on propaganda, June is months away and the project has still not taken shape.
ret*ard he said 1st phase (national theatre to mile2. There's nothing dubious here. Smh
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by thelastPope(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
CohenJane: bla bla bla

Well, in as much as you may seem to be making sense to others, I'm afraid you aren't making sense to me.

In project management, government projects in particular, it is necessary to engage the citizens with the pace of work as it goes on, and in the present time, through the opportunity availed us by the social media.

Mind you, the comments could have gone either way, commendation or condemnation. It all depends on the level of trust the citizens have for the day's government in the first place or the way the citizens perceive the government's actions, attitudes and intentions.

If this project were to be the Fed Govt. project, I'm pretty sure it would gotten more knocks than praises ... the reason is because of past government's failure in project completion.

Interestingly, I agree with most of what you have said. The FG has indeed incured a lot of distrust over the years. That is also a function of the basic mindset of Nigerians who look up to the FG for everything and ignore the local and state governments. And I do not insuate that the LASG do not inform the public. Like I said in another post, periodic anouncements and updates is in order. But we have had like 30 threads over the last few days on this same project so you get what I mean.

And please tell me what is the essense of a track laying ceremony on the project site? A ceremony that probably gulped a few millions? An opening ceremony would have made more sense. But again, its all being politicized.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by miz4oxley(m): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
I want to believe that with this Big development, other projects too will also follow suit.

Eko O ni Baje ooooo.

-True development
-Brains at work
-Sincerity
-True Democracy
-Towards Mega City
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by ocelot2006(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:
amadioha fire your mouth there!!! Have you used the Lagos to kano train before? that's a 20th century train.

What did u expect? A bullet train? Btw, the Indians, Brazilians, and even the Americans still use diesel powered trains, and they don't seem to mind. So what's wrong with ours?
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by thelastPope(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
ocelot2006:

What did u expect? A bullet train? Btw, the Indians, Brazilians, and even the Americans still use diesel powered trains, and they don't seem to mind. So what's wrong with ours?

That is why I didn't bother to reply the idiota! He is an illiterate. Locomotive train is used all over the US. Only inner cities, mostly, have speed trains. I posted an info a while back how from texas to california is like 2 days by train. These idiotas don't know anything, they just posts ignorant comments on NL. If the tracks are available and the locomotive coaches are running and enough, we would see a transport revolution in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by miz4oxley(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
I want to believe that with this Big development, other projects too will also follow suit.

Eko O ni Baje ooooo.

-True development
-Brains at work
-Sincerity
-True Democracy
-Towards Mega City

This are the things the masses request from the government to make life easy, and worth living. Things aren't easy in the UK, Europe...., but amenities like this are in place. Not GSM gadgets for farmers ehhh.

Fashole All Thanks.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by LeSulk(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
buhak: AM YET TO SEE ALL THIS THINGS IN IKOTUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT
abi.as if ikotun is not on the lagos map
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by watchinglagos: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
naptu2: However, I have one reservation/concern (although, strictly speaking it's not about the rail project per se).

The government needs to inform people who live and work in the area whether the Badagry Expressway will be tolled or not.

I'm not against tolling, but I don't want the project to be bogged down with the same kind of problems that we witnessed on the Lekki Expressway and Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge projects (I.e court cases and protest). The government should do an adequate public enlightenment and sensitisation campaign and seek the views of residents.
A part of the road will be tolled, the expressway. However, the service lane will not be tolled. This is from what I see around Alafia bus stop area of the already expanded portion carried out by Julius Berger.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by mapet: 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
O ti mo esi oro ju....
Emusan:

Pls relocate to where you can see it live and direct i.e Ago-Palace way, Oshodi, VI e.t.c

Fashi Baba..
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by kingingkinging: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
fyneguy:

I hope you know the difference between a GRANT and a LOAN. Lagos state govt will still pay back the loan from its revenue spread over some years. Do you understand now? The loan only gives bulk money and is paid back with convenience.

You are correct. It will be paid through what is called 'sinking fund'. It would be repaid via the monthly income of the state.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by topazjosh(m): 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
thelastPope: This is the reason why people will continue to call all you ACN sychophants out. The level of propaganda you do is just shameful. While the rail project is a good project, the fact that you bring out one new thread every time half a meter of track is laid is just hillarious. The Abuja city light rail project has passed 50% completion with no noise or fanfare. If the abuja guys were doing the same propaganda as you ACN guys, NL will be filled with such stories by now. Orile-mile 2 is just 4 minutes drive by road. How is that a great achievement by train? Let the project continue and when it is done and Lagosians can enjoy it, then you can come here and spam us with your posts. For now, keep the spam down and stop announcing to us every track that is being laid. Remember this is the standard you all always demand from the FG. If the FG where announcing every single step they take on NL, the NL servers would have crashed several times over. I will personally laud him if he can conclude a significant part of the rail line. For now, its all politics and noise making.
we all know A C N cum propaganda stuffs ,they are just too good in that media hype but how will you compare a whole federal government project with that of state,are they getting same allocation? No.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by DTaj: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
thelastPope:

Am not saying the 4 mins drive distance is bad. am just saying why announce to us as major news, a step of 4 mins drive that is not even done yet? The orile-mile 2 track will be concluded by june according to the article. Am not against the project, only against the propaganda the project is being used for. Let them complete a significant part, then they can blow their trumpet, no questions asked. For now, it is an ongoing project just like the FG projects. The FG is even actually ahead because their is already functioning and in use. The Lagos-Kano route is live. The Abuja City is being laid and is far more than 4 mins drive. The Enugu-PH is being laid. The lagos-Ibadan fast track is being laid. I don't need to hold brief for the FG but the point is, if we are being bombarded by the FG the way ACN cronies are opening 5 threads per day on this lagos light rail, the politics section will need 12 moderators.

@thelastPope, you should please refrain from deceiving people here. All the so-called rail lines you mentioned (Lagos-Kano, Enugu-Port Harcourt, etc) were inherited from the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC). They were the old rail lines that deteriorated and are being re-laid by the FG. What Fashola is dong is quite different- he is starting from scratch, laying completely new tracks!!! Let us be objective and compare apples with apples.

I am not a card-carrying member of any party and I have no allegiance to any party (they are ALL the same, anyway), but I've lived in Lagos and I've witnessed ALL the 13 Governors/Administrators Lagos has ever had: Johnson, Lawal, Kanu, Ukiwe, Jakande, Mudashiru, Akhigbe, Rasaki, Otedola, Oyinlola, Marwa, Tinubu, and Fashola (in that order), but I say without any equivocation that Fashola deserves all the accolade he gets.

Certainly people living in Abuja (or elsewhere) or the younger generation who probably never saw beyond Akhigbe or Mudashiru (no offence meant) might not appreciate the transformation, the fine thinking, the methodical approach this man has brought to governance in Lagos.

Anyone who has lived in Lagos for between 35-40 years (who knew what Lagos used to be and who appreciates the peculiarity of ruling Lagos- being a city within a state) will know that Fashola merits all the attention and praise...I have never met him personally (and don't crave meeting him) but the truth has to be told. He is an excellent performer. Lagos will know his worth more when he leaves in 2015...Plain truth.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
DTaj:

@thelastPope, you should please refrain from deceiving people here. All the so-called rail lines you mentioned (Lagos-Kano, Enugu-Port Harcourt, etc) were inherited from the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC). They were the old rail lines that deteriorated and are being re-laid by the FG. What Fashola is dong is quite different- he is starting from scratch, laying completely new tracks!!! Let us be objective and compare apples with apples.

I am not a card-carrying member of any party and I have no allegiance to any party (they are ALL the same, anyway), but I've lived in Lagos and I've witnessed ALL the 13 Governors/Administrators Lagos has ever had: Johnson, Lawal, Kanu, Ukiwe, Jakande, Mudashiru, Akhigbe, Rasaki, Otedola, Oyinlola, Marwa, Tinubu, and Fashola (in that order), but I say without any equivocation that Fashola deserves all the accolade he gets.

Certainly people living in Abuja (or elsewhere) or the younger generation who probably never saw beyond Akhigbe or Mudashiru (no offence meant) might not appreciate the transformation, the fine thinking, the methodical approach this man has brought to governance in Lagos.

Anyone who has lived in Lagos for between 35-40 years (who knew what Lagos used to be and who appreciates the peculiarity of ruling Lagos- being a city within a state) will know that Fashola merits all the attention and praise...I have never met him personally (and don't crave meeting him) but the truth has to be told. He is an excellent performer. Lagos will know his worth more when he leaves in 2015...Plain truth.

Kudos to you....
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by TwinTiger: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Very solid point!
u too much joorr!
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by Olaolufred(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very good development.
However based on this statement:

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents"...Fashola

If this project is being executed with loan, what does the state govt do with N30billion monthly revenue?

But whether with loans or not, let the project (even if its just the first phase) be completed for the good of the people.

It is in trying to meet the infrastrutural preasure that the migration of our brothers from North, East and south-south is heaping on Lagos.

If you wan to verify, Go to Berger, stay there and count the number of JJC that ekenedilichukwu, ABC, PMT, AGOFURE, ETAL are bringing in Daily.

Lot of finances is required to care for people with no hope in their states, so would have to look for greener pasture.
The bitter truth is that their state governors are not doing anything to help out.
Save Akwa Ibom state and rivers. Cross river hasn't move an inch since donald duke left. Let me not talk about MBA ISE (five states) in Biaf** kingdom.
May God help you.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by TwinTiger: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
Other stupid Governoors will soon be put to shame.Hope babangida Aliyu(thief servant),Traditional rular Martin Élechi,Noise maker T.O Orji etc can Learn from Fashola,Sullivan Chime(dead or alive but still working),Akpabio and Okorocha.If every Governor should sacrifice half of looted funds for state development,Nigeria ll not like this.SHAME TO BACKWARD STATES!
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by oilyngbati1: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
aminho: eko oni baje ooo lie lie am a kanuri man i wan lagos indigine letter how can i get it?

Buhahah! grin grin alh harem = jason123=shymexxx=bittyend= et.al, you no dey tire for all these your id's? grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by oilyngbati1: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ post, all I can do is laugh in eko-ole grin. Anyone who knows the orile/mile2 axis will realise that it's less than 3km. May God deliver the people of Lagos from this monumental fraud that is being perpetrated by the 419 Fashola.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by bashydemy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
This guy said Orile to mile 2 is 4min drive, Are you dreaming?
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
bashy_demy: This guy said Orile to mile 2 is 4min drive, Are you dreaming?

They are all dullards just like their uncle in Aso Rock.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by ehie007(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
i stay in Ago. the rod is just first phase done. which has greatly reduced traffic on ago road; but traffic on okota road is not hurrible. the second phase of the ago-festac link road needs to start as that road is a no go area....
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by ehie007(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
i stay in Ago. the road is just first phase done which has greatly reduced traffic on ago road; but traffic on okota road is now horrible. the second phase of the ago-festac link road needs to start as that road is a no go area....

The whole okota-ago-okeafa roads needs to be expanded and redone to ease traffic.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
We are looking at just one stop and agenda on the governor's visit to this metro rail site, but we missed the other events on his schedule on that day.

He was actually inspecting on going government projects in the area so I'll lay it all out...

"I have spoken to the residents and I am sure we will see some changes. They have to change their refuse management habit", the Governor said disclosing that the State Government is planning a housing estate of about 1008 flats at Ijora.

At the Lagos State University, Ojo, where he inspected the Students' Arcade, the Law Theatre, Main Library, Senate Building, School of Transportation and other projects, Governor Fashola promised that most of the on-going projects would be completed soon adding that the Government is working with the new Governing Council of the institution to upgrade its infrastructure.

Also speaking to newsmen after inspecting the Mile 2 Jetty, Governor Fashola, who recalled that the Jetty was built by first civilian governor of the State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, noted that when he visited the Jetty three years ago"all sorts of things had happened here. People had actually built on the property, Government property", adding, "It was a walk back".

"But we have reclaimed the premises back. The boats in the water were left there and they are aluminum boats. Aluminum boats don't die; so before the end of this year, those five boats will be back fully retrofitted, with new engines, new seats and new navigation system. And so we are adding another five boats to our Lagos Ferry Service in addition to the two we got in December. That gives us seven", he said.

Noting that there are other operators who are running metro ferry plaza, Governor Fashola declared, "If we finish the retrofitting of the Mile 2 boats and Mile 2 Terminal, it means that the old waterway running from this place to Marina is back and available to people of Amuwo Odofin, Mile 2 and all others and this will extend now to Oke-Afa where we are building another jetty in the course of this year".

"This jigsaw is fitting in. So that means we can get down at Mile 2 Rail Terminus which is about 300 metres from here and take the ferry boat to Marina. This is the intermodal transportation I am talking about. It is beginning to fall into place", the Governor said.

Speaking on the Okota Road expansion, the Governor said the community has outgrown the road and there is a need to expand it, adding that it explains the need for increasing infrastructure investment.

He added that the population has grown many times past where the government did not build infrastructure to support the road, stressing that as government moved to address that deficit the population has not stopped growing.

"So, we are trying to expand Okota Road and some of the properties needed to give way. Everybody wants a good road but no one wants it to pass through his house. So, some of the tenements took us to court and I think we have settled out of court now and we have to pay compensation".

He reiterated that these are part of the things that the members of the public are not privy as he has heard several complaints that the road is very slow, adding that the basic reason why the job has been slow is because a citizen took the State Government to court.

On the new Relief Resettlement Camp at Igando, the Governor said irrespective of how the government has continually advocated for planning, safety and avoidance of accidents and prepared, accidents will happen.

He added that there already exists a Resettlement Camp in Agbowa with which the state could respond quickly when it had the problem of flooding in Ajegunle in Ikorodu about two years ago

[img]http://2.bp..com/-5BXiIUGatnI/Th_U6KMQTFI/AAAAAAAAEm0/ur0M3cvHHug/s1600/eko%2Bo%2Bno%2Bbaje.jpg[/img]
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very good development.

If this project is being executed with loan, what does the state govt do with N30billion monthly revenue?

Clearly not the same thing GEJ uses N1.3Billion/Year for. Or what Namadi Sambo is currently using N16Billion for... or even what GEJ is currently building with N2.2Billion.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2013

Shameless tw>at! Does Lagos State have the power and might of the Federal Government? With all the funds available to it, is a "Light Rail" what the FG should be building as rail service in Abuja? You want us to put up pictures of the 1872 coal locomotive Lagos-Kano route theyve been shameless hailing as resurgence of the rail industry? Man, yall fu%ckas are something else.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Some people go die of bad belle o
Re: Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola by naptu2: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
BRT, LRT, Eko Water Buses. I await the cycle lanes. Then my dream would be almost complete (I still await the cross country high speed rail links).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Court Remands Herdsman For Grazing On N25m Cassava Farmland / Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri / Some Senators Want To Remove You Before June - Bamidele Tells Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.